3rd Trimester

in the sun too long

Okay, so we went to the pool today and I wore my usual 30 on my body and skipped sunscreen on my legs (which is the norm)...After about an hour, my belly started getting a bright red pattern to it.  I wasn't in a bikini, my belly was actually covered!  Any one know why it would have gotten blotchy?  Also, I didn't realize pregnancy skin is more sensitive...so I am FRIED!!!  I was only out for two hours.  Crazy!  But I planned to stay out in the sun until my little girl makes her arrival since I'm a teacher and this is my last week of work.  I have a doctor's appointment this week, so I'll ask my midwife, but I just wondered if anyone else had this same problem.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: in the sun too long

• My skin is definitely waaaaay more sensitive when I'm pg.  Maybe your blotchy belly is a form of heat rash?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • OUKatieOUKatie member
    I agree, could be heat rash, but keep in mind that clothing/bathing suits don't necessarily block all of the sun's rays. Especially if you swimsuit was stretched on your belly, you could have gotten a sunburn through the material. That why you will see a UV rating on some swim gear like rash guards, especially for kids.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesassysally1:
    My skin is definitely waaaaay more sensitive when I'm pg.  Maybe your blotchy belly is a form of heat rash?

It faded after about 4 hours of being in the air conditioning...So I have no idea!  My husband was freaking out though!  He is such a worrier!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did the same thing yesterday, decided to bust out a bikini and hop in the pool with the kids while dh was bbq'ing. Now I got a tender tummy, just on the top though. And "the girls" are way to red for my comfort level..i think pregnant skin is really thin maybe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Bathing suits don't block out UV rays unless they are made of special material (which most aren't) so you probably still got a little burn through your suit.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i was at the beach on sunday, decided to make the trip out there in case i am told i cant go again. i used spf 100 sunblock, and my tatas still got burned to a crisp, my shoulders and my tummy pinkened up a bit. needless to say i was unaware pregnancy skin was any different. i was very shocked to see all of the burns and blotches. wish someone had told me sooner about that lol.
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"