November 2012 Moms

Baby's Nursery

Have you begun to put the nursery together?  Furniture bought?  Theme ideas picked?

It has been lingering on my mind lately, just wondering where everyone else is. 

Re: Baby's Nursery

• We did DD's nursery to be the permanent nursery so everything is done already. We'll just have to start thinking about her new room here soon. But we didn't start on the nursery until 6 months last time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Your not alone!! It's been on mine too... DH and I have decided to wait for our gender sonogram (JUNE 13!!!!) -- little excited about that lol. After we find out the gender w are going to register and start working on the nursery :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been looking up ideas, mostly just on tumblr and pinterest, I can't actually put anything together until we move in July.  
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Haven't started anything yet.  Waiting until our gender sono, but with DD we started as soon as we knew she was a girl.  I've been stressing about this nursery because I'm so picky about little girl bedding.  I like very classic, simplistic patterns and I'm scared I won't be able to find something that is different enough, but still my style for another girl.  If it's a boy, we've got it all put together!

• I have the furniture picked out, but not purchased. I am thinking about themes but will wait until we find out the sex to buy anything.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are starting to clear our stuff out of the 2 spare rooms in preparation to paint and start the nurseries. We are waiting to see what we are having first before we go ahead with any plans.

• I've decided to paint the room pale blue either way but want to know if its a boy or girl before i do anything more. If its a girl I want to do big bright flower paintings and bright colors (lots of pink but not a whole room) for a boy i saw some great primary colored owl things....

We are going gender neutral, even though we will find out the sex in a few weeks.  Probably will paint the walls a shade of lighter green.  But I really like the lime green and brown color combo, plus the "bug" theme!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekristianne79:

We are going gender neutral, even though we will find out the sex in a few weeks.  Probably will paint the walls a shade of lighter green.  But I really like the lime green and brown color combo, plus the "bug" theme!

Oops, the picture didn't show up.  Check it out here...

https://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/kli/kli5704bed8.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our crib came today :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekristianne79:
    imagekristianne79:

Oops, the picture didn't show up.  Check it out here...

https://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/kli/kli5704bed8.html

I really like this! 

• tngrl3tngrl3 member
    I am a major major planner so I have definitely already started putting ideas together (heck let's be honest I had a Pinterest board with baby ideas before I even got pregnant!). I haven't purchased anything yet as it will make a difference if it's boy or girl, but it is basically all picked out. Gray will be the base color for either sex and I am buying paint this weekend to take advantage of sales. If it's a boy accent color will be yellow/gold and for a girl either bright pink or purple. I don't really want a theme, but elephants will be prevalent in the room. I know what I want furniture wise, but I haven't found what I want yet. 
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagetngrl3:
    I am a major major planner so I have definitely already started putting ideas together (heck let's be honest I had a Pinterest board with baby ideas before I even got pregnant!). I haven't purchased anything yet as it will make a difference if it's boy or girl, but it is basically all picked out. Gray will be the base color for either sex and I am buying paint this weekend to take advantage of sales. If it's a boy accent color will be yellow/gold and for a girl either bright pink or purple. I don't really want a theme, but elephants will be prevalent in the room. I know what I want furniture wise, but I haven't found what I want yet. 

Sounds pretty cute.  I've seen a lot of gray themed rooms on Pinterest.  I'm wanting to go pretty gender neutral anyway, but I'm waiting until we know for accents.   

• imageLollyBug18:
    We did DD's nursery to be the permanent nursery so everything is done already. We'll just have to start thinking about her new room here soon. But we didn't start on the nursery until 6 months last time.

This is us too! 

• We're finding out the sex on June 5 so we want to wait until then (not so we can buy blue or pink stuff, but more for me to be reassured that everything is still alright in there!).

Our plan is for the nursery to be greige and white - not sure if greige is a legit color but you know what I mean. We aren't planning on staying at our condo forever so we don't want to do anything super colorful on the walls. Other than that, no "theme" yet. :o)

image"">image"">imageimage

• We find out the sex on June 4th, then go on a trip right after so we will start planning it mid June. I have a few colors and pieces of furniture in my head but nothing set in stone yet.
  • We have been so lucky to get a head start on our furniture. A friend of my family's sold us an originally $800 special ordered all wood crib for $100 and a glider rocker for $20! Then my mom found a changing table at a garage sale for $15 that matches the crib. My mother sews and made the bedding for my niece's crib so she's going to do the same for us! I'm going with gender neutral colors.. Atleast until June 22nd when we have our anatomy scan. I might change my mind then :) IMO, never too early to start planning and hit up those garage sales!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Amelia!
  • We are doing a gender neutral theme.  Its going to be southwestern.  It will have dream catchers, lizards, cacti, and other southwestern decorations.  My step-dad is going to build the crib and the mobile for us.  I'm helping with the plans on the mobile.  Unfortunately we can't really do anything until closer to October which is when we will be moving to our new place.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • cleaning out the room tomorrow in prep to paint and get the carpet cleaned,  also been looking at pinterest for ideas.  Will pick out paint next, furniture in the next 2 months.  

Been hearing more and more to get it done during tri 2 when you have the most energy.

Since we're on the fence about finding out the sex Ive been looking at gender neutral themes.... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"