Attachment Parenting

Ergo vs. Beco Baby Gemini

I have been able to get by without a baby carrier so far but now that it's summer and we're taking DD out more to fun places, I need a carrier because the stroller is just too much a hassle. I have a Baby Bjorn that was given to me but I never did like it. It always strained my shoulders after 10mins. I read a really good article that reviewed multiple carriers and I've narrowed it down to the Ergo and Beco Gemini. I'm leaning more towards the Gemini because it looks smaller as opposed to the Ergo looks like a spacesuit attached to you (maybe not that bad, but it does cover your entire torso). Looking to hear about experience with one or both of these. Is it really still comfortable on your shoulders as LO gets older? DS is 17lbs and DD is 27lbs.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Ergo vs. Beco Baby Gemini

• I loved the beco gemini but the ideal situation is if you can try them on: I am fairly petit (5'3) and the Ergo was simply to big for me. The Gemini has kept up really well, I bought it almost two years ago and it is still in nice shape if that makes any difference. I just used it for DD (29lbs) last weekend for a short hike, my shoulders were fine, it is more the actual heavy baby that limits the carrying :-)
    Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
    Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.
  • imageLouiseB2001:
    I loved the beco gemini but the ideal situation is if you can try them on: I am fairly petit (5'3) and the Ergo was simply to big for me. The Gemini has kept up really well, I bought it almost two years ago and it is still in nice shape if that makes any difference. I just used it for DD (29lbs) last weekend for a short hike, my shoulders were fine, it is more the actual heavy baby that limits the carrying :-)
    Ditto this. I absolutely love my Gemini!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We love our Gemini.  Unlike PP I am tall (5'9") and it fits me just fine.  I chose it because of the front facing out option, which our curious LO prefers.  It's easy to switch carry positions, and is distributes his weight perfectly.  Nothing ever digs into me.

Anniversary

• Thanks everyone! I'm 5'3" too so I'm going for the Gemini! I did find a very cheap Ergo on eBay so I might get that as well. Maybe DH will like it better because he's 6'1".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"