July 2012 Moms

Tearing Sensation In Abdomen

Hello, ladies! This is my first pregnancy and so far things have been going pretty smoothly! Aside from the raging hormones that is :) But a few weeks ago I started experiencing a relatively severe tearing sensation to the left of my bellybutton. It lasted for a few days, then I didn't notice it again until a couple nights ago. I'm not doing anything super strenuous, just a half hour walk every day, and twice a day I do a super quick 5 minute stretching/yoga-esque routine that is very very minimal. I'm a stay at home mom-to-be so I'm also doing housework for most of the day, but again, not very strenuous. It's definitely more painful now, and is lasting almost all day with some flare ups depending on what I'm doing (Twisting the wrong way, big belly laughs, etc.) I've read that it could be the muscles separating, but that's not supposed to be painful, and when my muscles contract (like I'm doing a sit up) they still meet in the middle, my belly's just more cone shaped now. It's also very, very localized; diagonally up to the left of my belly button about two inches, and it's a fairly large painful area now, about the size of a baseball. I also think my stomach may be a bit swollen on that side as well. Where this is my first pregnancy, I'm definitely quick to worry, but this seems to be the opposite of normal and very, very painful! When it gets really bad, it hits about an 8 out of 10 on the pain scale. Any ideas would be much appreciated, thank you!!

Re: Tearing Sensation In Abdomen

• I am currently nursing the same pain! I talked to my doctor and he said it's totally normal, as long as there is no bleeding and LO keeps moving consistently. I posted about it a little while ago - the spot is numb on the top now and still sore beneath the skin. I find that resting on my side makes it feel much better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That sounds more like what I'm going through. The daddy-to-be is pretty familiar with bodily malfunctions, years of rock climbing and such, and as he was feeling my stomach last night I noticed that it almost seemed numb on top. And Baby Girl is definitely getting her exercize so I know there's nothing wrong with her, thank goodness! When it gets really bad, typically a few hours before bed, I find no position can make it better. I do have a wedge pillow that if I put under my belly I find it helps a little bit. I have my next appointment next Friday, it's just so frustrating to wait that long! I'll watch for any bleeding though, and fingers crossed all is still fine :)

Thanks ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"