2nd Trimester

Do any posters make you feel stabby?

I don't have anyone on this board but I am curious.  You don't need to name names. Although bonus points if you do.  Is there anyone on this board or any others you post on that make you want to roll your eyes and pull out the pitch forks?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do any posters make you feel stabby?

• imageATMmom324:
    I don't have anyone on this board but I am curious.  You don't need to name names. Although bonus points if you do.  Is there anyone on this board or any others you post on that make you want to roll your eyes and pull out the pitch forks?
    ::sits back & waits to see my name pop up::
  • This was probably the wrong board to post this on.  I don't think this board gets enough action to garner much emotion.  
  • Loading the player...
  • imageATMmom324:
    This was probably the wrong board to post this on.  I don't think this board gets enough action to garner much emotion.  
    I don't think so either. I can call your name & you can call mine & we can start a board war!
  • yes, but she recently took a bump hiatus. I know I wasn't the only one that was a little relieved by that.
  • Yuuuuup. Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A few...
  • Yes. Anyone that constantly butchers the English language makes me feel a little stabby. Spell check is your friend, ladies. Also, if you post an entire paragraph and it's all one sentence, you might want to skim back through there and adjust your punctuation. I will read it as if you're saying everything in one big breath. 
  • RhomonkRhomonk member

imageBlueDevilLady:
    Ha, I know what the general consensus would be over at August.

Big Smile

photo judgejudy.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBlueDevilLady:

YesYes I couldnt even get by my irritation to respond to the crap she was spewing.

• imageBlueDevilLady:

ha, you got that right! stabby is the nicest thing I'd say about how she makes me feel.  

TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
  • imagePolishWonder:
    A few...

It's me.  JUST SAY IT. 

My pregnancy blog: Great Texpectations BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagesassenma:

imagePolishWonder:
    A few...

It's me.  JUST SAY IT. 

::takes off rings and earrings:: It's on, biatch!

• I want to go lurk on August now.
  • imagesassenma:

imagePolishWonder:
    A few...

It's me.  JUST SAY IT. 

Sass, your gifs can fix any wrongdoing in my eyes.  Love them.

• imagePolishWonder:
    imagesassenma:

imagePolishWonder:
    A few...

It's me.  JUST SAY IT. 

I have a cockroach leg and I'm not afraid to use it!   

• imagesassenma:
    imagePolishWonder:
    imagesassenma:

imagePolishWonder:
    A few...

It's me.  JUST SAY IT. 

Dude, I want to retch every time I see that darn post! ::barf::

• imageBlueDevilLady:
    Yes
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • imagePolishWonder:
    imagesassenma:
    imagePolishWonder:
    imagesassenma:

imagePolishWonder:
    A few...

It's me.  JUST SAY IT. 

Dude, I want to retch every time I see that darn post! ::barf::

And this is how I will win all future arguments.  Whee! 

• I'm guessing Ks3pink should keep her back to the wall at all times?
  • imagemelodramatic26:
    yes, but she recently took a bump hiatus. I know I wasn't the only one that was a little relieved by that.

I wonder if it's the person that previously got under my skin. I haven't seen her in a while.

Though I may have a new recent person. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have one poster who I used to like and then disappeared for a long time.  She is back now and everything she says makes my skin crawl.  I don't know if she has changed or I just never noticed that she has to post ridiculous things to try and be funny and turn the attention to her.

Then I have another who I irks me for some reason but thankfully doesn't seem to post as much anymore. 

• Some people have been rude and mean to the October ladies. I go between two boards September and October because my due date keeps changing, and both boards have some really great women on there. Not sure whats been going on lately but I am sure some women on those two boards feel attacked for no reason. 
  • milescmilesc member

Yep. 

A few I roll my eyes at, but one makes me stabby. Not sure if I have to worry about her showing up anymore though 

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • imageMandeeFoFandee:

imageBlueDevilLady:

ha, you got that right! stabby is the nicest thing I'd say about how she makes me feel.  

*thumbs up icon*

This. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wouldn't be able to tell you who - (I don't pay attention) and I'm sure several ladies (especially right now after a mis read on a carseat post) are ready to skin me - but mostly?  I TRY really TRY to post facts with links and when I give opinions I try to be clear its my opinion and what I'm choosing based on what I've done - and I try to call out my 'crazies' when I can - but these woman who basically post that their word is god and they know better then anyone (especially those without kids or post blantent things that are against suggestions etc)

I don't want to get more specific - lets just say - I'm a fan of rear facing until AT LEAST 2 and though that may not be popular with a lot of people - it is what AAP recommends now .. and there are reasons.  Also - bundling your kid up and putting fabric between carseat straps..

But I know I'm NUTS :)  I try not to read the rants and such - because PEOPLE WE ARE PREGNANT - BE HAPPY AND JOYFUL - Yes it sucks sometimes and it is a pain - but we are growing a BABY - :)

Ok.. I think I'm done.. maybe.. and yes I'm an october mom - I'm careful really careful what I read over there :) 

• imageLoisLane23:

I'm sure I'm on a few shitlists.

Ambuhsmiles over on 1st tri makes me quite stabby. Many others annoy me but not enough to remember their names.

Ambushsmiles makes me stabby too! She hasn't been around for a while but she posted about everything. Just walked my dog or just went to the grocery store. Uh...ok, we don't care....

Cooper Edward

• I can't remember any names except maybe the chick that called another poster's sleeping baby's name a stripper name and then tried to be all high and mighty; Rakulman I think. Besides that I am going to lurk on over on the August board hee hee. 
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • I *hope* I'm not on any lists but I very well could be...I have that effect sometimes...although, not as bad as "August" *cough cough*

You and I may not be perfect, but we're perfect for each otherAnniversary Pregnancy Ticker having a baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • nealblnealbl member
    imageopaque1997:

I wouldn't be able to tell you who - (I don't pay attention) and I'm sure several ladies (especially right now after a mis read on a carseat post) are ready to skin me - but mostly?  I TRY really TRY to post facts with links and when I give opinions I try to be clear its my opinion and what I'm choosing based on what I've done - and I try to call out my 'crazies' when I can - but these woman who basically post that their word is god and they know better then anyone (especially those without kids or post blantent things that are against suggestions etc)

I don't want to get more specific - lets just say - I'm a fan of rear facing until AT LEAST 2 and though that may not be popular with a lot of people - it is what AAP recommends now .. and there are reasons.  Also - bundling your kid up and putting fabric between carseat straps..

But I know I'm NUTS :)  I try not to read the rants and such - because PEOPLE WE ARE PREGNANT - BE HAPPY AND JOYFUL - Yes it sucks sometimes and it is a pain - but we are growing a BABY - :)

Ok.. I think I'm done.. maybe.. and yes I'm an october mom - I'm careful really careful what I read over there :) 

Wait bolded part..... People got upset with you for voicing those opinions. I am confused. You shoudl RF until at least 2 unless your child out grows weight and height limits. You should never put a coat or bundle me thing between child and car seat straps. Why were people upset with you for that?

• imageBlueDevilLady:

imageMCookie816:
    I can't remember any names except maybe the chick that called another poster's sleeping baby's name a stripper name and then tried to be all high and mighty; Rakulman I think. Besides that I am going to lurk on over on the August board hee hee. 

Can you post a link to that thread? I went to find it when someone mentioned it before but none of the titles stood out enough. 

There were a few, but this one wraps up what happened. 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/65998364.aspx

Rakulman came back and offered a crap apology and disappeared for a while.  She reappeared on October a few days ago but was quickly sent packing. 

• imagenealbl:
    imageopaque1997:

Wait bolded part..... People got upset with you for voicing those opinions. I am confused. You shoudl RF until at least 2 unless your child out grows weight and height limits. You should never put a coat or bundle me thing between child and car seat straps. Why were people upset with you for that?

The real issue came when I mis read a post and thought someone was going from a infant seat to a nautalis (ff only seat) (as a previous poster was doing that exact thing) - when really she had 3 seats and 2 kids and was swapping around.  Within five minutes I had 4 or 5 attacks on me - I apologized profusely - but its just this over crazy ness - and the assumption that I was super crazy and mean.

Most of the time - they don't get upset - but continue to post that they will use the bundle me as they always have and see no problem - they won't put a heavy coat on the kid - but the bundle me is fine..

Or - I turn at 20 ilbs.. etc 

• imageBlueDevilLady:
    imagesjgurl784:
    imageBlueDevilLady:

imageMCookie816:
    I can't remember any names except maybe the chick that called another poster's sleeping baby's name a stripper name and then tried to be all high and mighty; Rakulman I think. Besides that I am going to lurk on over on the August board hee hee. 

Can you post a link to that thread? I went to find it when someone mentioned it before but none of the titles stood out enough. 

There were a few, but this one wraps up what happened. 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/65998364.aspx

Rakulman came back and offered a crap apology and disappeared for a while.  She reappeared on October a few days ago but was quickly sent packing. 

Oy vey! I found her "apology" too...**cringe** 

The original post was DDed while she was arguing her point on the Oct board so no one could see it.  

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • imagenealbl:
    imageopaque1997:

I wouldn't be able to tell you who - (I don't pay attention) and I'm sure several ladies (especially right now after a mis read on a carseat post) are ready to skin me - but mostly?  I TRY really TRY to post facts with links and when I give opinions I try to be clear its my opinion and what I'm choosing based on what I've done - and I try to call out my 'crazies' when I can - but these woman who basically post that their word is god and they know better then anyone (especially those without kids or post blantent things that are against suggestions etc)

Dude, it's not because of your opinions, it's your tone (for lack of a better word since it is the interwebs) and the all-knowingness in your posts considering you haven't gone through with anything just yet. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fair enough :)  Thank you - I do have an abrupt tone and have been told that in person by others - and honestly - I mean nothing by it - its just the way I talk.

But a little defense here - yes I'm a ftm - however I was a nanny for many years (family of 5), I worked as a lead teacher in an infant room for 5 years, and I've baby sat, etc including a full week last december.  I have kids in and out of my car with carseats (and own 4 carseats of my own) - so I do have a bit of experience - I'm not just glossing things over - I have real life exposure.

But I will try and work on my tone - I really honestly do NOT mean to come off high and mighty - I try with all my might to re read and make it more - hey I know I'm crazy worried about this stuff - but check these links and make your own choices. 

• I can think of one in particular.  Makes me wish the block function worked more consistently.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aloe0lAloe0l member
    Yeah, there is an AE on 12-24 that makes me stabby every time she shows up in a post.  Even though I generally skip over it, seeing the avatar sparks irritability.  Kind of like an "Oh FFS go away already" type of feeling.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageBlueDevilLady:

When I first started actively posting I found one August bumpie particularly interesting because her IL drama was straight up Teen Mom meets COPS..but then the IL vents kept coming and getting more bizarre and none of the advice she was getting seemed to be put to use. She hasn't posted since her last rant got flamed.

Besides that, there's only one time someone's gotten under my skin enough to make me semi-flame them..but I like her now :)

haha, I have a feeling I know who you're talking about. that poster still gets on my nerves.  

• imageLoisLane23:

I'm sure I'm on a few shitlists.

Ambuhsmiles over on 1st tri makes me quite stabby. Many others annoy me but not enough to remember their names.

OMG this!  Also at least two people from my BMB. This chick from the Nov. BMB is super annoying too. And people who have 3 or 4 tickers for the SAME DAMN THING!

• imageScout2005:
    imageMandeeFoFandee:
    imageBlueDevilLady:

When I first started actively posting I found one August bumpie particularly interesting because her IL drama was straight up Teen Mom meets COPS..but then the IL vents kept coming and getting more bizarre and none of the advice she was getting seemed to be put to use. She hasn't posted since her last rant got flamed.

Besides that, there's only one time someone's gotten under my skin enough to make me semi-flame them..but I like her now :)

haha, I have a feeling I know who you're talking about. that poster still gets on my nerves.  

Well now I want to know. 

(worries it's me)

it's not you on my end, Scout! I was actually agreeing with the first paragraph... pretty sure that's the same person who "spanked" her 6 month old.  

• Anyone on here that says this website is for support makes me stabby. I came here to get pregnancy info, I don't need support from internet strangers. That's sad if you do need that kind of support, unless of course you're going through a loss or IF and no one IRL gets it.

| R 11/22/12  |  L 03/14/14 |
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"