September 2012 Moms

:'(

My mom had an abnormal mammogram about 3 weeks ago. She went in Monday for a biopsy, and she found out late yesterday that she has cancer. She waited until today to tell me because she wanted to process the news first. I feel just awful. My mom is a huge worry wart, and I've been trying to reassure her this whole time that it would be fine, and I was wrong. She is going to have surgery next week and will then start radiation therapy. I cried on the phone and had to mute it a few times because I didn't want her to hear me losing it on my end. DH also left earlier today for a business trip, so I have no one to talk it out with. I know it's going to be okay, but it's hard not to worry.

Elizabeth Grace 11.20.05 Nora June 7.15.08 Beatrix Catherine 9.4.12

Re: :'(

• So sorry to hear about your mom.  T&Ps for good health.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• imagemommyterp:
    So sorry to hear about your mom.  T&Ps for good health.  

I second this. Sending lots of T&P to you and your mom.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Honey I am sorry big hugs and thoughts and prayers are with you. I know its really hard but you have to remember medical stuff has come a LONG LONG way even in the past 5 years with breast cancer. Women beat it every day, try to stay strong and think positive. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So sorry to hear that the same thing happen to my mom three years ago !!! Seems as though they found it early and my mom is now cancer free after surgery and radiation !!! Prayers and thoughts for your mom and positive thoughts for a Similar Outcome as my mom!!!!

• So sorry to hear this.  My mom is a melanoma survivor and had a breast cancer scare a couple of months back. 

Thoughts and prayers are being sent your way!

• I'm so sorry you have to go through this, especially without your DH there. This happened last year with my grandmother. It was stressful and sad but it turned out wonderfully. I'm hoping your mom will have the same wonderful results. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awwe. I'm so sorry. Hopefully they found it early enough that it hasn't had time to get too bad. I'll be keeping her in my T&P.

Remember that it's a-ok to be optimistic during the future. She'll really appreciate your positive and encouraging attitude/outlook. Keep your chin up and be strong for your momma! 

• Thanks, ladies. She is stage 1, so they caught it really early. I think the whole family is nervous because my aunt (my mom's sister) was diagnosed in March with stage 4 breast cancer. My mom was terrified that hers would be more advanced. My aunt, unfortunately, had a lump that was painful and had bothered her for years before she finally went to the ER. She's much younger than my mom, so she ignored it and didn't seek medical attention for it until she started having severe pain in her breast and other issues throughout her body. My mom admitted that had my aunt not been diagnosed recently she probably would have ignored her mammogram reminder since she is so busy (she is a teacher and still has young children at home- 9 year old twins who are my half siblings). Thank goodness she took it seriously and got checked out. I know she'll be fine. It's just such a scary thing to hear.

Elizabeth Grace 11.20.05 Nora June 7.15.08 Beatrix Catherine 9.4.12
  • I'm so sorry you have to go through this with your mamma. My English teacher in high school went through breast cancer. It took her two years, surgery and radiation, but she was able to beat it and came back to teach us. She is still there teaching my younger siblings. Cancer is a long hard fight, but people beat it every day. I hope and pray that your mom will have the same outcome. Keep your chin up and try to stay poitive.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear this.  The pp's are right, though... so much has been done to improve breast cancer treatments.   Put together a basket of goodies for her for her chemo and radiation treatments.  Magazines, suckers, soft socks...it's not much but little comforts like that can make a sucky situation seem tolerable.   And, just be there for her when she needs to vent.   Stage 1 is very optimistic and I will definitely keep both your mom AND your aunt in my prayers.  
  • Oh honey. That is hard. It sounds like the prognosis is good though. It's ok to cry and let out your feelings of fear and worry. Just don't let them take over. I know it sounds crazy, but start counting the blessings this experience will bring to you and your mom.

My aunt (she's like a second mom to me) is a 15 year breast cancer survivor. She is a far happier and more content person than she ever was before. Her diagnosis and treatment were difficult, painful, uncomfortable etc. yes. BUT she formed really close bonds with her sisters and nieces during that time of support. Her marriage was strengthened. She learned a lot about herself and what she can handle, she's fierce now. She formed lifelong friendships with the people who treated her because she put her game face on and went to treatments with a smile and engaged people to connect with her. Plus, she got a brand new set of tatas that look like a 21 year olds and she's in her late 60's now. :o)

Humor is super healing. Do your best to find the humor in everything you can and you will find it gets easier and easier to optimistic. It's ok to look scary reality in the eye every once in awhile, but for the most part you've gotta live and talk like the treatment is already over and successful. Live a life of no doubt until/unless you're forced to live otherwise. It's not denial, it's pre-emptive gratitude for healing and studies have shown that it works powerfully.

This is all just sinking in for you. You're still wrapping your head around it. It will get easier. I promise. Praying for your mom and family.

• So sorry...cancer is a tough road to walk.  My dad had colon cancer a couple years ago, and my mom had breast cancer last year, and now my dad is fighting leukemia.  CANCER SUCKS!!  If I can give you one piece of advice, it would be to listen to what the Dr's have to say and trust them.  So many people are going to tell you guys different things, it becomes overwhelming.  Sending lots of thoughts and prayers for strength and an easy recovery for your mom.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm very, very sorry! They have come an amazing way with treatments and helping to fight this. Thoughts and prayers for your family. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So sorry to hear about your mom.  I hope that surgery and radiation do the trick!
                  image     image
  • I'm so sorry, hun. It's not easy, but you guys will get through it. If you need anyone to talk to who's been there (MIL, though), feel free to PM me.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. :-( T&P to you, your mom, and family.

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• I am very sorry you and your mom are going thru this :-( sending healthy vibes.
  • jlh2716jlh2716 member
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom; hopefully, they caught it early enough! My T & Ps are with both of you.
  • Sorry to hear about your mother :( T&Ps that her surgery and therapy goes well. Stay strong.

IUI#3 brought us our dragon baby Z

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge: Animal Snow Interactions 

• BodoniBodoni member
    I am so sorry that you guys are going through this.  Cancer really does suck, but treatment has come so far over the past few years.  Two of my cousins are breast cancer survivors and my dad just recently beat throat cancer.  It was really hard to watch my dad go through radiation, but it worked and he is back to his good old ornery self because of it.  Stay strong lady, my T&Ps are with you and your family.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm hoping for the best. Thoughts and prayers to all involved.
  • I'm so sorry to hear the news! Thoughts and prayers will be headed your mom's way and your way! I know everything will be just fine! Keep the faith!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm so sorry.  Best wishes to you and your family.
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Just think of how much support she already has and that she has a wonderful grandbaby on the way to lift her spirits!! I'm so sorry DH isn't there right now. T&P coming your way!!!
    You and I may not be perfect, but we're perfect for each otherAnniversary Pregnancy Ticker having a baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry :(

Thoughts and prayers for you and your mom.

• hmp1hmp1 member
    Sorry for the bad news. I hope the surgery and treatment go well. T&P.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I'm sorry you got bad news. I've been in this exact situation myself. Just try to remain as positive as possible and be ready to fight a battle! I'll be thinking of you. It is a scary issue, but thankfully research is helping treatment makes leaps and bounds past what it has offered in the past.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Sending lots of t&p's your familes way! God is amazing, keep close to him and he will help you get through this!!
  • I'm so sorry!  T&P, Hugs, and hopes for a speedy recovery for your mom.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry--it's an awful phone call to get. T&P that they are able to treat it easily and that she has a quick recovery from the surgery. 
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• StasiStasi member
    I'm so sorry you have to go through this! T&Ps for strength and courage for you and your family. Thank goodness that your mom was screened early and for the amazing advancments in technology these days! I'm sure she'll be fine!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• I'm so sorry, that's awful. T&Ps that treatment can beat the cancer in the face. *hugs*
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm so sorry hun!  Sending many T&P to you and your family!

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• I am so very sorry & wish your mom the best of luck.

I got the news my dad had cancer while I was pg with DS. I know how you feel - big hugs to youLeft Hug

• I'm so sorry you and your mom are going through this. Sending positive thoughts her way and that surgery is successful. ((HUGS))

• I am so sorry. You have all the best wishes that I can send! ?
  • <3 Props to her for getting screened, following up, finding it early, and taking care of business!!  I am sure it means to much to her to have your love and support.
  • I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Keeping you all in my thoughts - hoping for a quick recovery for her.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• So sorry your mom is going through this.  Try and stay positive for your well-being, as well as your mom's and baby's well-being.  Thoughts and prayers :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It breaks my heart to hear this.  Stay strong! Prayers going up. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"