Baby Names
Options

Middle name for Amity

Last name is two syllables and starts with W. I need inspiration for a middle name. I don't care if you don't like the name Amity. ;) We like it and is the only name we've come even close to agreeing on...

Anyway, any ideas would be much appreciated!

Re: Middle name for Amity

• Options

My real suggestion is Ren?e.

The first thing that came to mind, however, was Ville. You should probably know that many people will make that association. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Some I like........Reese, Rose, Cree, Cresyn, Mayne, Rayne lots go with it if you just start thinking about names you like.  Or you could go traditional with the middle name & name it after yourself, mom ect due to the fact that the name is soo different & unique.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelem03:

Last name is two syllables and starts with W. I need inspiration for a middle name. I don't care if you don't like the name Amity. ;) We like it and is the only name we've come even close to agreeing on...

Anyway, any ideas would be much appreciated!

Nicole, Joelle, and Jacqueline.

Also, I hope that part of the reason why you've chosen this name is b/c of the Amityville Horror as experts have concluded that the haunting was most likely a hoax performed by the family in order to gain publicity.

TTCAL PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    Suggestions - Isabel, Paige, Ruth, Amelia, Rose, Jo, Elise
  • Options
    My first thought was Jane.
    Due on July 12, 2012!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    m21megsm21megs member
    imagejez_girl:

The first thing that came to mind, however, was Ville. You should probably know that many people will make that association. 

This!!! 

• Options
    imagem21megs:
    imagejez_girl:

This!!! 

Yup. 

• Options

Island

(Jaws) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lem03lem03 member
    My husband has liked this name for years... he knew someone named Amity growing up. Yes, I found out about the movie (I had never heard of it until very recently), but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I realize that people might think of the movie first when they hear the name, but... is that really a problem? 
  • Options
    kjskjskjskjs member
    imagejez_girl:

This was my first thought as well but my real thought is that you should go with a longer middle name. For some reason Amity Michelle sounds good to me.

imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    broomybroomy member

imagelem03:
    My husband has liked this name for years... he knew someone named Amity growing up. Yes, I found out about the movie (I had never heard of it until very recently), but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I realize that people might think of the movie first when they hear the name, but... is that really a problem? 

For many/most, the movie is the only context they have of the name/word Amity. I normally don't think that having a pop culture association automatically rules out a name, but this connection is pretty strong. The word amity means peace, harmony, friendship, etc., but the story/movie makes me think of gloom and horror and demons when I hear Amity.

At the very least, it will be a giant PITA as you encounter all the Amityville Horror remarks when people first hear her name. FWIW, others of us will be getting similar remarks when we name our kids Oscar, Zelda, Aurora, Axel, etc.

I like PP's suggestion of Amity Michelle. I also like Amity Rose. Definitely something soft and feminine.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagejez_girl:

i was gonna say the same thing

• Options
    imagebeck8008:
    imagejez_girl:

Agreed... my first thought was ville or horror.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have a good friend with the name. She rarely gets the horror movie thing but people often pronounce it a-mit-y incorrectly. That said, she loves her name.

OP, I was warned that DD#2's name would immediately conjure up associations with The Black Dahlia murder. It simply hasn't happened. I hope you stick with your choice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    One of my best friends from HS was named Amity and for the life of me I can't remember her middle name. Maybe Lynn? Yes people made the Amity Ville/Horror jokes, but she was so awesome people generally didn't associate that with her for very long.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lem03lem03 member
    Thanks all! We were pretty sure we would go with Amity Violet until we found out about the movie, and even though that isn't enough to make me change my mind about Amity, I think that the middle initial V would be a bad idea. Rose would work really well, I think! I also really like Renee, Claire and Elizabeth. Anyway, thanks for the ideas.
  • Options
    imagesimplein06:
    imagebeck8008:
    imagejez_girl:

Agreed... my first thought was ville or horror.

This... minus the Renee. I just think of Ville or Horror as well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"