Baby Names

Your cabbage patch kids names...

I am probably dating myself, but I thought it would be fun to see what everyone's Cabbage Patch Kids names were when they were growing up.

I was a super tomboy, so my Cabbage Patches were all boys:

-Hugo Emil

-Hector Nolan

-Duncan Ryan

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Your cabbage patch kids names...

• kelnyckelnyc member
    Martha Mira. I renamed her Becky, lol!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• ames71ames71 member

My first was Donnie Elise. I had two others and one was Adelaide something; the other I don't remember.

OP: Hugo Emil is awesome!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I don't remember most of them, my parents did find one for me named Aimee Paige. I know I had a tiny little boy my Mom renamed Oscar so I had something beginning with the letter 'O' to bring to 'show and tell'.

• I had a bunch but, I remember Eli Teddy & Mora Alexandra.
  • When I was a kid I named ALL my dolls Sarah!!!  I've been telling everyone that we are thinking about naming our daughter Sarah (which we're not), so people will get off our case until we make a final decision!

• I don't remember their given names, but I renamed them Mandy and Nathan. I still adore the name Nathan, but DH vetoed it for our LOs :( 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a bunch-and they were all girls! These are the only ones I can remember:

Callie Tracy

Nancy Chrissy

Margo Hope

Ronnie Marcy

Rosaline Helene

Violet Nelly

BFP #1 on 6/23/11. Missed m/c. D&C on 8/18/11. BFP #2 on 1/1/12!EDD=9/13/12-Hang on baby! image
  • I'm going to show my age here too. I didn't have cabbage patch kids when I was little. The big new craze was the American Girl dolls. My parents didn't want to spend that much so they got the knock off brand...I can't remember the name. All I know is I wanted Allison (my middle name) and they got me Megan. I was so disappointed. LOL I wish I could go back to those days when that was all I had to worry about...
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Reyka9Reyka9 member

I had a girl with red hair that I got for Christmas, but I don't remember what her real name was because I re-named her Candy Cane immediately.  LOL!

I had a boy preemie named Boris Vincent.  

I also had a Koosa dog thingie that I named Bosco. I don't remember if the Koosas came with names though?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't remember the names they came with, but I renamed them Michael and Julie.

My sister named hers Emily and Frankie. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Embarrassed I still have mine... My girls play with him now.

He was a premie and his name was Kirby Woodrow, I renamed him Keith. lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • Mine was Tina Matilda.  I remember thinking it was a really ugly name, but also thinking that it was distasteful to "rename" my "adopted child."  So I kept it.  What a deep child I was!
  • When I was young I had a girl named Marielle Astra and two boys, Jack & Edwin. I can't remember the boys' middle names, but those are the names they all came with and I didn't change them.

I got a little newborn Cabbage Patch a few years ago, for myself because I'm a nerd and couldn't help it. Her name was Nora. We gave her to DS and changed the name to Norman because DH insisted that if I were giving our son a doll it had to be a boy! Embarrassed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagechris&kendra1:
    I'm going to show my age here too. I didn't have cabbage patch kids when I was little. The big new craze was the American Girl dolls. My parents didn't want to spend that much so they got the knock off brand...I can't remember the name. All I know is I wanted Allison (my middle name) and they got me Megan. I was so disappointed. LOL I wish I could go back to those days when that was all I had to worry about...

Are you talking about the 'Magic Attic' dolls? I had one too! My sister had Allison and I had Heather. I haven't thought about those in forever...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC#1!
    12/1999: Dx with Endometriosis (age 12)
    5/2001: Ruptured appendix, massive scar tissue
    6/2005:Dx with Interstitial Cystitis
    9/2005: Gall bladder removed due to problems from cysts
    7/2006: Officially Dx with Fibromyalgia (age 18)
    2/2010: Partial left ovarian torsion

10/2012: SA = Low Motility
    11/2012: Surgery #5 to remove scar tissue & paratubal cyst
    HSG: Right tube blocked; unable to clear
  • Netty Sonja

Sylvia Althea

Christopher Alexander  

Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
    9lbs, 6oz
  • I remember having one it was a lil girl, my older sister got a boy If i remember correctly his name was David, and the girl just kinda depended on which sister you asked. I had renamed her Sami, my sister instited on calling her Lannie (Sorry spelling.)
  • I don't remember all the middle names...barely remember all the first names for that matter (I had 5, lol).

Cloretta Clover

Kimball Benedict (only boy and DS plays with him now)

Lucille

Priscilla

Erma Katherine

I just bought my niece the big/little sister combo for her birthday and their first names were Camille and Eden...don't remember the middle names, but I'm sure they were for cabbage patch family, haha.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I don't remember the given name for mine but I called her Tina. All my babies were call Tina. My daughter now has one, and even though they aren't the "big craze" they were twenty-cough-cough years ago, I searched and searched to find one that looked like her and the only one I found was named Braydon. I never thought of that as a girl name but maybe she'll get a new name when DD gets older. The doll's middle name is something pretty and feminine, I just can't remember what - Olivia, Lynette, Violet or something like that...
  • Casey Agatha
  • The one I had was Eliza Beth.

• scorchscorch member
    I don't remember my CPK names but my twins both got one for thier birthdays and one of them was name Briana Shantay.  I thought that was HYSTERICAL because I hate Bri- names. 
  • I had a little girl I called Marilyn and I had a little boy I that I dont remember his name.  Now I want to find them because I still have them somewhere.
  • da731da731 member
    Estelle Joyvita
  • I think I had the worst named CPK. My first one was a girl name HORTENSIA! I can't remember her middle name anymore. I hated it. I then got a preemie boy named Dean. Still love that name...

I think it's funny this came up today on the boards, I was just thinking about this this morning.

• imageaf1274:

imagechris&kendra1:
    I'm going to show my age here too. I didn't have cabbage patch kids when I was little. The big new craze was the American Girl dolls. My parents didn't want to spend that much so they got the knock off brand...I can't remember the name. All I know is I wanted Allison (my middle name) and they got me Megan. I was so disappointed. LOL I wish I could go back to those days when that was all I had to worry about...

Are you talking about the 'Magic Attic' dolls? I had one too! My sister had Allison and I had Heather. I haven't thought about those in forever...

YES!!!! Magic Attic dolls! I was going to say Magic Carpet but I knew that wasn't it. The child inside of me is totally jealous of your sister. My friend had Heather too. I used to get the magazines and I would want to buy all those clothes and random stuff...ugh...good times.

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had Kevin Quentin. He wasn't a preemie, but was bald as an egg. True story, my parents couldn't find me a CPK (they were too popular!) so they bought a new TV because it came with a free doll! Best parents ever.

My sister had Lucille and Percy-- Percy was promptly renamed Bill. And my BIL's was Finley Bernard. I don't know why I know that.

I guess technically now I should be SecondBabyMomma Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine was Zenia Evie ? I called her Nini.

DD's CPK is named Margot Callie.

• stahlopstahlop member

I had a ton.

Julienne Marlena

Rory Susannah

Judith Alana (Cornsilk)

Anita Quincy (Preemie)

Marc (can't remember the mn, also preemie)

Sylvia Kate (Talking one)

Roxanne Katrina (Newborn, smaller than the preemie)

And I had a Koosa named Candy 

imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Both my CPD were also boys...I was a tomboy too :) One was Mel and the other was Darren or Derek. They both had red hair.

• I had one knock off and one real one:

-Chrissy June

-Elliot Alexander

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LoCarbLoCarb member
    Katerina Callie, Nicki Emmy and Joshua Jack
  • Mine was named Caleb (nickname- Bald Baby).
  • Wow, I am sad I can't remember my CPK's given names! Now I want to find them and figure it out. I had a blond CPK who I renamed Amanda. I can't remember what my twin renamed hers - I can't even remember if hers was blonde like mine or not (I think it was, just had a different hairstyle).
  • I still have mine!  Their names were Marlene Jolette, Gardner Blaine, Glenna Alberta, Violet Jane, and Alistair something I can't remember.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • saham07saham07 member
    Barkley Travis
  • Peebs22Peebs22 member

imagekelnyc:
    Martha Mira. I renamed her Becky, lol!

I don't remember what the name on the "birth certificate" originally was, but I renamed mine Martha, lol!

• JM1977JM1977 member

I only remember the name of my first one: Alicia Beulah.  I really liked that name.

(I forgot about Koosas!) 

TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • raefreraefre member
    I was actually thinking about CPK a couple of days ago and trying to remember the name of the one that I saw being born at their hospital.  All I remember was her middle name of Rae.  I'm sure if I found the pictures, I'd remember more, partially because my grandmother is awesome and writes everything down. 
  • Hannah Lee and Horace Bruce

Due on July 12, 2012!!! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"