Baby Names

My kid's suggestions for new sibling :)

SO, I asked all my kid's what they think I should name their new brother/sister. Responses were:

Oliver (almost 9): Janna for a girl & Emerson for a boy.
Lucy (5 going to be 6 this yr): Miley for a girl & Justin for a boy (teen popstars anyone?)
Cora (4): Cinderella for a girl & Ranchy for a boy.
Story (2): Not positive but I think for either sex it was between Milk & Daddy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My kid's suggestions for new sibling :)

• Definitely go with Milk. So beautiful.

LOL seriously though, I like Emerson. FWIW, a few years ago I bought a bunny for my kindergarten class (mostly girls), and the top contenders for names were Miley and Cinderella. We went with Miley, then found out a few weeks later the poor thing was a boy. Oh well.

• I think Story's suggestions are so adorable, maybe you should give them some consideration ;)  It's very interesting to see your other children's opinions on names, they are all so diffrent.  My 7 year old son is convinced we should name his little sister either Abigail or Jezalyn, because those are his favorite girls names in his class! 

• Loading the player...
  • ames71ames71 member
    LOL. I love Cora's suggestions. So cute. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• clineakclineak member
    Cute! I do like Emerson, although I prefer it for a girl.
  • imageNicolejb781:

I think Story's suggestions are so adorable, maybe you should give them some consideration ;)  It's very interesting to see your other children's opinions on names, they are all so diffrent.  My 7 year old son is convinced we should name his little sister either Abigail or Jezalyn, because those are his favorite girls names in his class! 

He has a Janna & an Emerson in his class... Lol.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL That is so cute. I can't wait until we have our second and I can ask this one for some input!

I actually like Emerson on a boy (adorable sneezing youtube video, anyone??)

I'm still laughing at the suggestions from your 6 and 4 year old. So cute!

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Aw so cute!

Ranchy sounds cool  Wink

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Adorable -- kids say the darnest things. I was 4 when my sister was born and I desperately wanted her to be named Sweet Pea (from "Popeye"). DS1 insisted that his baby brother should be Jackson, which is HIS name ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lololol!!  These are awesome!
  • image5LittleBears:
    imageNicolejb781:

I think Story's suggestions are so adorable, maybe you should give them some consideration ;)  It's very interesting to see your other children's opinions on names, they are all so diffrent.  My 7 year old son is convinced we should name his little sister either Abigail or Jezalyn, because those are his favorite girls names in his class! 

He has a Janna & an Emerson in his class... Lol.  

Cute!  Kids say the funniest things!

• Love it!!

Off topic I asked my 2yo the other day what Daddy's name was and she said Macaroni.  Gotta love the heart of 2 year olds!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • I love Oliver's choices, although the others are comical.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's cute :)

My 4 yr old wants us to name the baby Blue after the Nick Jr. show. It made me giggle and think that maybe that's where Beyonce got her inspiration. 

Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
    9lbs, 6oz
  • ZaphinaZaphina member

My friend is having another boy this summer, and she asked her 3 year old son what his thoughts on a name for his new brother were. His answer? Power Ranger Samurai. I told her she should go for it; it's kind of epic!

I do like Emerson as a name, though...

S/P L salpingo-oophorectomy w/ septic torsion 1999, dx moderate to severe Crohn's dz 2004. DH S/P hypospadic sx w/ multiple subsequent scar tissue removals, S/P herniorrhaphy. Married on 10/7/2006! TTC since May 2011; abnormal SA #1, better SA #2, normal HSG 7/2012, dx MFI/ low egg count, IUI! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Personally, I'd go with Ranchy too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageZaphina:

My friend is having another boy this summer, and she asked her 3 year old son what his thoughts on a name for his new brother were. His answer? Power Ranger Samurai. I told her she should go for it; it's kind of epic!

I do like Emerson as a name, though...

LOL! That kid would be such a bada$$ w/ a name like that.
  • krb03krb03 member
    Too cute! Our son wanted to name the baby Guacamole :)
    imageimage
  • my 4 year old niece figgures that 'rainbow sparkle floppy cheese' would be a good name for a girl, and 'Evan' would be a good boy name.
    [she has younger twin brothers named Evan and Riley]
    The boys suggested 'Thomas the Train', 'Evan', 'Riley', and 'OohAh' [monkey sound]
    Due on July 12, 2012!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • sesigssesigs member

imageclineak:
    Cute! I do like Emerson, although I prefer it for a girl.

I agree! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • When we ask Jude what this baby's name is, he always says "Uh Oh" so that is how we refer to him- Baby Uh Oh.  I posted something about him on FB one day and a lady responded that "God loves all the babies, even the Uh Ohs."  Nice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"