January 2013 Moms

Any First Time Moms Out There?

Last week I went to the doctor for a totally unrelated  issue and found out I was 7 weeks pregnant! :)  Is there any other First Time Moms here on The Bump or  experienced ladies that can offer some  words of wisdom or  advice?

Re: Any First Time Moms Out There?

• SPK926SPK926 member
    FTM here!! I'm only (almost) 4 weeks though, so behind where you are. Either way, congratulations!!

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Tori112Tori112 member

First timer  here too! Congratulations. I am 5 weeks along. Looking forward to an exciting time ahead! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a newbie too! 5 weeks along! 

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
  • reyorrareyorra member

I'm a first time mom, six weeks along today. I've been spending hours on The Bump every day since before getting pregnant, learning as much as I can (maybe too much at times!).

Good luck with your pregnancy! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • First timer here! I'm 6.5 weeks. Congratulations =)

• FTM here too!!! My one piece of advice.....STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE!!!!!!!!! You'll drive yourself bonkers.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • First time here to.  I will be 5 weeks tomorrow!

No advice yet... 

TTC#1 since June 2008 IVF #1 - ER 5/1/12 ET 5/4 1st beta 11dp3dt PM = 29; 2nd beta 13dp3dt AM = 54; 3rd beta 20dp3dt = ??? First ever BFP! Due Date: January 22nd BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy%20ticker
  • sesigssesigs member
    FTM here! Almost 5 weeks. Congrats to you! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • First timer here! I'm excited and scared to death lol. I'm 7w1d.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Also a newbie! Our pregnancy was completely unexpected and out of the blue. I even told the lady on the phone when I was scheduling my OB appointment that I had no idea what I was doing lol You're not alone :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • FTM too - 5 weeks!

TTC Since 8/2011
    BFP #1 5/13/12 * EDD 1/24/13 * MC at 7 wks 4 days on 6/11/12
    BFP #2 5/13/13 * Current EDD 1/23/14

Baby N born 2/8/14

imageimage

Lilypie - (HD7B)

• FTM here as well! It's looking like I'm about 7.5 weeks. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jo2013Jo2013 member
    I'm a first timer!!! Although my SO has two sons, this will be our first!! Can't wait!! Congrats!!!
    BFP#1 - 8/30/2010, natural M/C 10/3/2010 BFP#2 - 5/13/2012 (Mother's Day!) grow baby grow! Baby boy born 1-11-13!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker http://www.thebump.com/profiles/Jo2013/settings/avatar/index#
  • Count me in as a FTM too!!!  Ours happened much quicker than we anticipated so this is all sinking in - I have been stalking these boards like crazy to make sure that what I am feeling is the same as everyone else!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a FTM also!  I'm at the tail end of 4 weeks.  It is so weird to mentally know I'm pregnant, but physically I don't feel it yet. We worked so hard to get that positive, but now I don't know what to do.  Just when we got good at making the baby we have to figure out a whole new world!  I'm sure we'll learn a lot the next few months.
  • FTM here too! I'm 7 weeks along.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am a first timer too, and I am pretty terrified, haha! I am about 6 weeks and I don't have my first OB appointment until June 6. I thought this was a little strange! I want to be seen NOW! 

• I'm also a FTM. Scared,nervous, but thrilled to be here!!
    imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • First time mom here as well!! I'm almost 8 weeks and it still all seems so surreal. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm also a first timer! I'm 5 weeks today.

This was 100% planned, but it definitely happened sooner than we thought it would. We're out of this world excited, but also nervous! At this point, we just want a sticky (and healthy) baby!! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• HildawHildaw member
    First time mom here as well! We were hoping to try within the next year, but this was definitely a surprise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHildaw:
    First time mom here as well! We were hoping to try within the next year, but this was definitely a surprise.

Us too! We were going to start trying in December...but it didn't work out quite as planned! we are still both freaked out and shocked.  I feel so unprepared and just want everything to be ok!

Married my best friend September 4, 2011

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker

• imageHildaw:

Us too! We were going to start trying in December...but it didn't work out quite as planned! we are still both freaked out and shocked.  I feel so unprepared and just want everything to be ok!

Married my best friend September 4, 2011

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm 4w4d and a first time mom.  My friend who just had her first baby said, "try to enjoy rather than worry.  If everything seems fine then it probably is."  Easier said than done!
  • I'm a FTM as well! A little over 4 weeks along... so far the biggest thing for me has been keeping the worrying in check. Just trying to relax and enjoy the experience. Best wishes to you!
    imageimageimage
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • FTM, first pregnancy.  I'm surprisingly calm and relaxed but this board and First Tri are helpful resources.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • First timer!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
  • Congratulations!

I'm a FTM as well, 7 weeks 5 days. No advice yet..

• OmaCoOmaCo member
    First timer here as well. We were planning to try this winter as well, so I was quite shocked. I think I got all of my worrying out of the way the first night and next day. Since then I've just been enjoying.
    BFP#1 05/08/12 - EDD 01/03/13 - MC 05/23/12 8w6d
    PCOS diagnosis 02/13 - Started Metformin 03/13
    BFP#2 04/07/13 - EDD 12/17/13
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Welcome to the board! We have lots of first time and experience mom's here.  

I'm a first timer. I should be almost 7 weeks along right now with an EDD of Jan 9. We'll find out for sure with an u/s on June 4.

• cluebeecluebee member
    I am a first time mom, too. We're expecting sometime around January 3rd. The OBs around here don't want to see you until you are a little further along, so I won''t know for sure for another 2 weeks. The wait is killing me. Well, that and the morning sickness... ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • First time Mom here too!! Just about 1/2 way through my 6th week.  Can't wait until 8 weeks for my first doctors appointment!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm a first time mom too! I am 5 weeks 1 day and super excited!!

• imagespainy17:
    Count me in as a FTM too!!!  Ours happened much quicker than we anticipated so this is all sinking in - I have been stalking these boards like crazy to make sure that what I am feeling is the same as everyone else!

This! FTM also! Making sure others are experiencing the same things has calmed my nerves. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FTM here! Still very early at not quite 4 weeks, so DH and I are still trying to wrap our heads around this!
    BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SJRoweSJRowe member
    FTM here too. I'm 8 weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"