2nd Trimester

If you wear a 'dummy' wedding ring because of swelling

--how much did you have to go up in size over your 'real' wedding ring?

So far I have been OK with taking off my engagement ring and leaving just the wedding band if it gets hot and my fingers swell...but I will be pregnant all summer, it's just now starting to get warm in the Northwest, and I don't think that trick is going to work forever.   I've been thinking about getting a stand-in ring, but not sure how far up in size to go.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you wear a 'dummy' wedding ring because of swelling

• I got mine at Kohl's for like $12. I think I got a 7 and my real rings are 5.5. (This was with DD, haven't had to switch yet, yay!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SGC29SGC29 member
    .5-1 size. With DD it was .5 size but I may need to move up a full size this time. I'm going to get a dummy set this weekend because my sausage fingers are making their return.
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't take my rings off soon enough with DD and one day I woke up and my band was stuck on my finger!  Nothing I did all day would make it budge.  I knew it was getting tight but I had a little bit of give and I wish I didn't wait.  I had to have the ring cut off my finger because by 9 that night my finger was losing circulation.  This time I got a ring a kohls when they had a big sale but I don't know how far up in size I went.  But don't wait, if you are having any swelling just take them off now. 

• My wedding rings were a 4.5 and the dummy ring I have is a 7 its big now but with my fingers getting bigger and the weather getting hotter I just wanted to be safe since I spent a decent amount of money on an August birthstone ring to wear on that finger.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CejimlCejiml member
    I'm wearing my MIL's old wedding band and have been since the beginning of April and It's one size up. But it's starting to get tight.  So I'm sure I'll have to go get another one to get me thru the summer. That will be like a 7 or 8 which would be 2 sizes up. 
  • You guys haven't had a problem with the rings from Kohls? Mine turned funky green in like 2 weeks.

Anyway, I got mine from Target, it was $24 and I went up to an 8 this time. It's a little loose, but I haven't hit the "summer swell" yet. My rings are a 6.5 IRL.

• i went up a whole size (rather than half) as i've worn a dummy ring since about 14-15 weeks.  i wanted it big for when it gets hot here in the next few weeks.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • kelnyckelnyc member
    I went up one size and am using a sizer with it now until it fits. I didn't want to risk having my other rings cut off, since the sausage finger level varied by day.  :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Normal size 6 went up to 7.5, wearing them now, some days its alittle lose, most it fits perfect.

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• I went up a size - had my ring re-sized thought because I gained 60 pounds with my son and I almost got to the point where i needed it re-sized back smaller and now I'm pregnant again!

I opted to up-size my ring because it was adding to my post-baby weight gain duldrums and so I wanted to wear my real ring again! It was the best $100 bucks I ever spent :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't been there (yet) but what if you got one of those stretchy rings? Are any of those pretty enough to look like wedding rings?
  • imagejfresh:
    imageMrs.Adam:

I didn't take my rings off soon enough with DD and one day I woke up and my band was stuck on my finger!  Nothing I did all day would make it budge.  I knew it was getting tight but I had a little bit of give and I wish I didn't wait.  I had to have the ring cut off my finger because by 9 that night my finger was losing circulation.  This time I got a ring a kohls when they had a big sale but I don't know how far up in size I went.  But don't wait, if you are having any swelling just take them off now. 

OMG that's awful!

It was!  I had to go to the fire department because the ambulance has a ring cutter.  I felt like a big loser!  And it broke my heart to see my wedding band that way...it honestly made me tear up.  The hubs wasn't too happy either.  In the end I had my wedding band and engagement ring joined together when I had the repair done which is something I wanted all along.  So the story ends well!

• I went up from a 5 to a 7, only b/c I couldn't find a decent looking 6 anywhere.  It is too big right now and constantly swirls the wrong direction but I figured alittle too big is better than too small.

• Thanks, all!  I definitely don't want to have to have my ring cut off, so I will be looking for something soon.  I am normally a 6.5 and I had been wondering if a 7 would be big enough...sounds like I would be better off getting an 8 and using a ring guard.  (If only you could buy cheap stock rings in half sizes and I could get a 7.5...)

Thanks for the advice! 

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just put my rings on my necklace 
  • esalyiesalyi member
    I'm 24 weeks and I have noticed that my rings are starting to get a bit tight, esp with the hot weather we have been having. last week they were totally fine. If you have dummy rings, are you just getting a dummy band? or an enagement ring too? I would think the engagement ring would be pretty obviously fake right? I think I might just go with a band for now. will try to rustle up something in silver maybe so it doesn't turn green.
  • I got a full size bigger for my sister when her hands swelled. Just paint the inside of the cheapie ring with clear nail polish to prevent the green finger.
  • imageLILBIT1221:

You guys haven't had a problem with the rings from Kohls? Mine turned funky green in like 2 weeks.

Anyway, I got mine from Target, it was $24 and I went up to an 8 this time. It's a little loose, but I haven't hit the "summer swell" yet. My rings are a 6.5 IRL.

Hmmm, no I actually haven't. Did you get gold or silver? I got silver... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"