3rd Trimester

Sex...

...I'd rather not have it.

I HATE having sex from "the back", and that seems to be the only comfortable way right now. I prefer missionary position, which was cancelled a long time ago.

Anyone else having sex position issues?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sex...

• We havent had sex in months...

it sucks...  but there is no way for me to be comfortable and DH is too freaked out anyways...

• When I was pregnant, all fours was the only way. This time, nothing seems to work. DH didn't touch me for probably a month or so and yesterday we finally managed to do something and he kept hitting my pelvic bone (effing ow). I imagine it will be a while longer again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Since DH has actually come up with the facial expression he thinks our baby has on its face while we are haing sex- We are not having any. And for me, its such an automatic turnoff anytime he moves while we are trying.

So its been a while. I think DH is willing to try friday to see if we can get things moving along. We'll see how that goes!

• I am having position issues but want it as much as I can get it lol. DH and I had strict orders for 5 months NO sex but I just got released off of bed rest and Dr. gave us the go ahead. I'd go standing on my head right now if that was the only way because I know once LO arrives it could be another 6 wks. or longer before we can do it again.
  • ksuttksutt member
    We've had success with "cowgirl", "reverse cowgirl", and with me lying (with a couple pillows under my head) on the bed all the way on the edge and DH standing in front of me. We haven't tried spooning, but I've heard that works well, too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Cowgirl is the only position that works for us (woman on top)... granted I have to put it out of my mind how absolutely unattractive I feel from that angle. My husband rather enjoys it though and for some reason can't keep the paws off me haha, so we've managed once a week this entire pregnancy. I think we're doing pretty good :)
  • My husband wants it but I DON'T!! Too uncomfortable!
  • imageskittlesj526:
    My husband wants it but I DON'T!! Too uncomfortable!

See I DO want it, but it hurts so bad!  Every time we do, I just grimace the whole time, because it feels like he's ripping me apart.  Granted, we haven't really tried many positions, so maybe that would be the key for more comfort.  I surely hope so, because I don't think I can handle sex being painful for another five months. 

• Cowgirl seems to work best. It's getting uncomfortable here at the end. DH doesn't want to hurt me. We are getting so near the end.

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageRedRose87:
    Cowgirl is the only position that works for us (woman on top)... granted I have to put it out of my mind how absolutely unattractive I feel from that angle. My husband rather enjoys it though and for some reason can't keep the paws off me haha, so we've managed once a week this entire pregnancy. I think we're doing pretty good :)

This! Cowgirl all the way. Sometimes it is a pain because I feel like I am doing all the work, but if I want a quickie I definitely control things! Missionary position has been a no go since my belly started growing. Soon we will try all fours.......a win win for both of us. But the is pregnancy has definitely been very different than my other 2.....I want sex all the time....and my dh is more than thrilled!!! Heck when I cant sleep I wake him up all the time! I told him I am giving it up now cause for 6 weeks there is NONE!

• The spooning position works well for us.
    CafeMom Tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • External stimulation is the only thing on our menu..
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagethatoneredhead:

Since DH has actually come up with the facial expression he thinks our baby has on its face while we are haing sex- We are not having any.

lol, wtf?! That's hilarious!

I can only spoon - from behind has always been pretty uncomfortable for me, and since I feel like I weigh 1000lbs I'm scared of actually hurting my husband, and these days just sitting still gets me winded since someone is all up in my lung-space.

But even still, baby is most active in the evenings, and that's our usual boring sex time. I'm going to try to shoot for trying right after work, since that's when I'm most frisky, but we'll see how things feel.

Yeah, if I can feel baby moving, I don't want to have sex.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageskittlesj526:
    My husband wants it but I DON'T!! Too uncomfortable!

This. I would be fine if we didn't the rest of the pregnancy but I doubt that will happen. I was "nice" this weekend and it was just horribly uncomfortable in any position. After DH said we should do this more often and u was thinking to myself heck no.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ugh, sex sucks these days!  I have absolutely 0 interest and would much rather not do it, but I go for it once a week (avg) because I like the extra exercise and I like doing it for MH.  That being said, I would much rather just give him a BJ once a week, lol.  Sex just doesn't feel good these days and when we do it, doggy is the only acceptable position.
  • imagethatoneredhead:

Since DH has actually come up with the facial expression he thinks our baby has on its face while we are haing sex- We are not having any. And for me, its such an automatic turnoff anytime he moves while we are trying.

First of all: hilarious! And secondly, I totally agree. This LO has been so active in utero compared to my other 2 and it just weirds me out. It's like trying to do it with a kid standing in the room poking me constantly.... total mood killer for me (even for DH when we're hugging or snuggling or trying to get in the mood and he can feel it too....)

We just did it for the first time in a crazy amount of months the other night (there was a failed attempt in there too). It took some effort to get into it and positioning was awkward (ended up in missionary), but at 37 weeks I'm willing to kick things up a notch and get this LO out ;)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've managed to find a few good positions, including doggy, cowgirl, spooning, and me on the edge of the bed with him standing.  Experimenting has been the only way for us to be successful as the typical missionary is just too uncomfortable.  And sometimes even those positions above don't work and we fail miserably, but we both want it enough to try again later! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Lately we usually end up with me on my back, one leg up over my DH, and he's on his side...so we're basically making an X-shape with our bodies.  Does that make any sense?  There's no pressure on the belly, and we can still see each other and kiss, etc.  It's a little more personal than spooning or having him behind me. 

OR...straddle him while he sits on a chair. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"