Cloth Diapering
Options

Swim Diaper for little baby?

Anyone have a suggestion for a little swim diaper (LO is 8lbs) ? My parents have a (private) pool that I would like to take LO to but I can't find a swim diaper for his little bottom... any suggestions???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Swim Diaper for little baby?

• Options
    I've been told a pocket diaper without the insert does the job.  You may have to commit that diaper to a swim diaper as I think the chlorine wears down the elastic.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

I would get a NB pocket diaper and use it without an insert.  It's gonna be tough, if not impossible, to find one for an 8lb-er. Applecheeks swim diaper says they do, but I'm not sure I would risk it.  

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but I have an Imse Vimse swim diaper (size small or x-small I think) that's SUPER tiny, about the same size as my lil joey's.
  • Options
    sosophsosoph member

I would get a small bummis swim diaper. They start at 9lbs (you'll be there soon enough) and the velcro makes it easy to get a tight fit. But, I would also get an all-elastic swim bottom (like iplay) to put over that since your LO is so young, you don't want runny poo seeping out.

(fyi - the reason it's so hard to find super small swim diapers is that they don't recommend being in a chlorinated pool/wearing sunblock for a while. I think we started around 3 mos though - we did short swims and rinsed off and changed right away)

• Options
    imagesosoph:

(fyi - the reason it's so hard to find super small swim diapers is that they don't recommend being in a chlorinated pool/wearing sunblock for a while. I think we started around 3 mos though - we did short swims and rinsed off and changed right away)

Ah that makes sense! My parents have a salt pool so I forget about the chlorine and it is shaded in the afternoon so that is not an issue, I am more concerned about body temperature. 

• Options
    kacellekacelle member
    imagelivinreality:
    imagesosoph:

Ah that makes sense! My parents have a salt pool so I forget about the chlorine and it is shaded in the afternoon so that is not an issue, I am more concerned about body temperature. 

Babies can't regulate their body temperature before 6 months.  We took DD swimming around 3 months, but she started shivering after 10 or 15 minutes in a warm pool and we had to get out. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    imagekacelle:
    imagelivinreality:
    imagesosoph:

Babies can't regulate their body temperature before 6 months.  We took DD swimming around 3 months, but she started shivering after 10 or 15 minutes in a warm pool and we had to get out. 

Our Doctor said not to take our baby swimming until he was 6 months old. It is just dangerous for babies that little. That said, we purchased Monkey Doodlez swim diaper. It is adjustable so we will get to use it all summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"