June 2012 Moms
Options

Had my ECV this morning

and I survived.  I'm not going to lie, it was uncomfortable and some parts were painful.  Mostly it's just a lot of pressure and felt hard to breathe.  The nurse was very sweet and was trying to coach me to breathe and relax my stomach muscles as I exhaled.  They did put me on oxygen for most of it, I felt a bit dizzy due to all the pressure on my abdomen.

Unfortunately it didn't work.  They got the baby close a couple times but couldn't get him all the way flipped and as soon as they stopped he went back to his favorite position, head in my right lung.  But I'm glad I did it, at least I know I did everything I could.  Now we will have a consult to figure out if we can do a vaginal breech birth or if we should schedule a caesarean. 

Now I am stuffing my face with chocolate and putting my feet up for the rest of the day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary image

Re: Had my ECV this morning

• Options

Aw, I'm sorry it didn't work for you and LO :( But you're right, at least now you know you tried! 

Good luck, whatever happens. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm sorry it didn't work out. But you're right at least you know you tried!

Enjoy your rest and chocolate! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

First off - I am sorry that you went through all that discomfort and then it didn't work...

Also, I was just about to write a post about breech babies because I noticed several posts lately.

I went in last week at 36w6d and found that our little monster had flipped himself into breech position after being head down for over a month. I was super upset, being a first time mom I had no other goal or plan than to NOT have a c-section. I actually went home a cried. We considered the version to flip him, but I was worried that he flipped himself for a reason and messing with him may prove to be dangerous in some way, so in the end we let him be.

Over the past week I have been doing pelvic exercises to widen my pelvis/hips and to try to lure him in Big Smile. I found this youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pteEYX8zwWc&feature=related and did the exercises a couple times a day. I also sat in bed with a cold wash cloth on the top of my stomach and a hot one on the bottom.

Last night I was in the shower on all fours (its supposed to give them more room), letting the hot water hit my lower back and I felt this really uncomfortable stretching and then an urge to pee. I told my husband that the baby turned, I just knew it. And sure enough, we had an ultrasound this morning at 37w5d and he is back into position with his head down! They'll do another check next week to make sure he is in a stable position. Fingers crossed, he wont turn again.

So, don't give up hope! Maybe try some of the exercises or go for a long walk. My dr said contractions sometimes make a baby realize they're in the wrong position. Hope all goes well for you in the end. Good Luck!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry it didn't work, and that it was uncomfortable.  Sad  But you should be proud that you did try. 
    Me: 37 Dx: PCOS 10/09, started Clomid 8/10
    DH: 40 Dx: MFI 6/11
    IVF #1: Lupron
  • Options

I just found out my little girl is breech.  If she doesn't flip on her own, I'm going to try a version.  Did your doctor offer trying again as an option?  I read that some OBs will try again a week later. 

My OB also said that even if we end up scheduling a C-section at 39 weeks, I could get the epidural and try another version, then he'd induce me if it worked. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I'm sorry it didn't work.

DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    imageemberlee3:

I just found out my little girl is breech.  If she doesn't flip on her own, I'm going to try a version.  Did your doctor offer trying again as an option?  I read that some OBs will try again a week later. 

My OB also said that even if we end up scheduling a C-section at 39 weeks, I could get the epidural and try another version, then he'd induce me if it worked. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I'm sorry it didn't work.

Thanks.  :)  The docs tried for about 20 minutes (normally they do 5-10), clockwise and counter-clockwise, and then decided it just wasn't going to happen.  Maybe due to the position of the placenta on one side and my liver on the other.  So I don't think we'll be trying again.  But good luck to you, hope that your circumstances make the version easy and successful! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"