3rd Trimester

Acid reflux getting worse suddenly..

Anyone else?

I had it the first trimester.. and then the second it went away.. and now its back to the point where no longer is one pill of zantac working.. but I am taking 2 a day.. spread out.. and it's still not making it go away.. even water comes back up..

Anyone else? this baby has already dropped, so I didn't think it would be getting worse at this point..

With my labor of DD, I litterally puked up acid every single push.. I dont want to go through that again!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Acid reflux getting worse suddenly..

• mine got really bad a couple weeks ago and now i'm on a perscription... it has been helping a lot- check with your doc to see if they can give you something a little stronger than zantac.  I think what i am on is technically zantac, it's called ranitidine 150 mg
  • imagebeck8008:
    mine got really bad a couple weeks ago and now i'm on a perscription... it has been helping a lot- check with your doc to see if they can give you something a little stronger than zantac.  I think what i am on is technically zantac, it's called ranitidine 150 mg

mine is Zantac 75mg twice a day-- so 150.. I think I may place a call.. it seems like taking it in the morning and then at right before dinner isnt working..

• Loading the player...
  • Yes mine is bad....its just the relaxing of your body to get ready for labor....I take a liquid antacid as well as the zantac...and it works good!  Just a cvs brand!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Yes mine is bad now. I dont think I have dropped yet. I only get it at night. It defiantly makes a difference what I eat before laying in bed. Try to eat lighter at night
  • over the counter acid bockers such as prilosec are safe to take according to my OB.  I was on a prescription acid blocker before getting PG and opted for the OTC once I found out in case the category was C or higher but it wasn't.

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My OB gave me a prescription for my acid reflux, which has also gotten worse. It doesn't completely cure it, but it does help. I had it bad my last pregnancy too and both times it got worse towards the end of the pregnancy.  Everyone told me that it meant my baby had a lot of hair. Last time I HATED that comment for some reason, but LO was born with a ton of hair.lol.  This time at my 30wk u/s, they showed me that the baby already had a lot of hair and low and behold my reflux is bad. Not sure if it's truly related, but take it for what it's worth.

You might also try sleeping on multiple pillows to keep your head/chest a little elevated. It can be tricky to find something comfortable that doesn't leave a kink in your neck, but it does help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 75mg did nothing for me, but the 150mg pills work wonders.
  • Yes. Prilosec is not working for me anymore. I cant sleep because I wake up coughing up acid. It is disgusting. I have been sleeping in a recliner for the past week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageangelrue522:
    Yes. Prilosec is not working for me anymore. I cant sleep because I wake up coughing up acid. It is disgusting. I have been sleeping in a recliner for the past week.

Me too. The other night I woke up choking and couldn't breathe because of it.

Right now I'm just taking Zantac 75 twice a day. My OB, who is also pregnant, says that Zantac doesn't work for her and she thinks Prilosec and Prevacid (both PPIs) work better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"