3rd Trimester

Got a mani/pedi and wasn't allowed to use massage chair

:( I was really looking forward to relaxing while getting a "massage" from the chair but the nail person told me no! I wanted to get up and leave but it had just started to rain. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Got a mani/pedi and wasn't allowed to use massage chair

• That's weird...I use the chair when I got one and I just went sunday!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• OUKatieOUKatie member
    Wow, that's crazy. I wonder what they think it's going to do?
  • Loading the player...
  • KaiterzKaiterz member

imagebeachbum28:
    That's weird...I use the chair when I got one and I just went sunday!!

Yeah, I've gotten pedis from two different places during this tri and nobody told me I couldn't use the massage chair.

• imageOUKatie:

Something about punching the baby, I almost laughed in his face.  

• I would have left no doubt!! Or told them you needed a discount haha that is crazy! I've worked in a nail salon for a while and never ever heard that!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • What??? I just got a pedi on Friday, and I sat in the chair and enjoyed the massage!
    "Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry."
  • Perhaps he was confusing the advice to not offer foot massages to pregnant women with not offering any sort of massage at all.
    Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• Tash13Tash13 member
    I got pedicures every week at the end of my last pregnancy and was never told not to use the chair.  I'd go somewhere else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I teach Cosmetology...It is ridiculous...it is not going to make you go into labor. Massaging behind your knees-there are pressure points that supposedly can cause contractions, and in the arches of your foot....Now, how many people do you know that got a nano/pesos and went unto labor....highly unlikely...enjoy your pedi!
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh! I am on my phone...stupid auto correct.... I meant mani/pedi....
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's one of the reasons I go for a monthly pedi when pregnant.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
  • It was totally ridiculous! I won't be going back. 
  • kdjuddkdjudd member
    That's really odd... I wish people would mind their own business. What harm could that do?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • so weird! I've never had a problem.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just got one and used the chair. I work as a massage therapist and I really dont think its going to do anything. you cant force your body into labor that way and its not like the chair is hitting exact pressure points with the intention of inducing you lol...Im sorry you didnt get the massage :(  did she at least massage your ankles/calves?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yup! Me too...went a couple of weeks ago and they advised not to use it
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • A discount was definitely in order!

I got one today and no one said anything about not using the chair but I did only use the upper back and the buttocks functions. I used a massage chair at a friend's house in 2nd tri and DD started flopping around. It felt like she was doing summersaults, and definitely did not like it.

• Wow!! That's crazy!! I went 2 weeks ago and they turned on the massage chair for me! There's even a woman who works there, also due in June who was sitting in the massage chair between clients!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I went for one a few weeks ago and she didn't tell me I couldn't use it.  She encouraged it. haha

I ended up not using it, though, because it made me more uncomfortable.  Kept shoving me forward. 

I'm going again tomorrow.  Have to have nice toes for my shower on Saturday!  Woot!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • 0ashley0ashley member
    imageColesMommy0606:

imageOUKatie:

Something about punching the baby, I almost laughed in his face.  

LMAO. That sucks for you though, that chair is the best part of a pedi! 

June 2012 Mom (2.5 yr old boy), July 2015 Mom (team green), Babywearing newbie/enthusiast
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"