June 2012 Moms

Unexpected u/s

At my last u/s they told me DS was only 5lb3oz and that he has slowed down in growth a lot.  They faxed all this info to the Navy Hospital....I go for u/s's out in town.  When I went for my regular OB appt. they felt my stomach and said he doesn't feel like just 5lbs so they were contemplating sending me back for another u/s.

I just got a call from the hospital with a confirmation that they do want another u/s and it's for tomorrow morning.  I'm praying DS is bigger and that the last u/s was just a mistake in measurement.  I'm soooo nervous because if he is still small they want to induce me...I could use some good thoughts sent my way if it's not too much trouble Big Smile

Re: Unexpected u/s

• I hope everything turns out ok. It should, those u/s are known to be incorrect in estimating size. Maybe you just got lucky and are going to have a little baby. He can get big after hes born :)
  • Aww, thoughts and prayers Gismo:)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first child they told me she was tiny and would need special care after being born, they let me go 3 weeks overdue hoping she would grow. Shows what they knew, she was born at 8 pounds even and the pediatrician said she was late enough that she was losing weight, she would have been closer to 9 pounds if she had been born at the proper time. Not saying yours will be huge, but don't get too worried, its a very imprecise measure, and babies do what they want from the start. I wish you the best of everything!
  • This is why my doc did not recommend a 3rd u/s. There are a lot of measurement errors. I hope that is your case. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Please keep us posted!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'll be thinking of you doll.  I hope he is a chunky boy :)
  • I'll be thinking of you.  I just an u/s yesterday and was told the same thing.  DS is 5 lb. 9oz.  We go back on Monday for a fetal growth scan, and the doctor will decide if he thinks we should induce.  From our appointment yesterday, I was under the impression that the u/s doctor is more likely to induce to "be on the safe side."  Good luck with everything tomorrow! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"