Eco-Friendly Family

Just want to say: The Lunette Cup rocks!

Yes it is environmental friendly and a money saver but it is much more than that!
TMI: I have had some crazy heavy periods due to a hormone imbalance and I was literally going through at pack of pads a week not to mention the tampons. It was crazy and they were not working. I was  going through a super plus tampon in half an hour to an hour and the pads were so big I should have just wore my daughters diapers, yet I still managed to stain my brand new mattress twice. Anyways...

I got my Lunette cup and it has been amazing. Almost like I don't have a period! It is just so easy and reliable I don't have to worry. Man I wish I had known about these in highschool.
Thank you ladies who suggest the cup! 
You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
<a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view

Re: Just want to say: The Lunette Cup rocks!

• aetgaetg member
    Never heard of the lunette, but I did buy a diva cup when they were on sale a couple weeks ago.  I hope it works as well as the lunette since I've never had luck with tampons either.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Do you know if the lunette holds more then the diva?  Not that it matters for me for about another year, but i had been using the diva and although I love it, I found myself emptying it so frequently because I am such a heavy bleeder. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not really sure since both websites say they can hold up to 1 fl oz. What I do know is I was considering the Diva cup but since I have had super bad periods I was referred to the Lunette cup. They told me it just seemed to work better for them then the Diva cup. They also said a few other positive things about the Lunette cup versus the Diva cup but I was more worried about it keep up with my flow. Also you can get them in colors!
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • MainStMainSt member

I usually just lurk, but this post brought me out of hiding ;)

I totally agree! I was skeptical, but thought I would give it a try and was so happy I did. I also have heavy periods and I didn't leak once and could even go 6 hours without emptying it.  You're right, it made me feel like I didn't have my period at all, SO LIBERATING!

The Lunette cup has the holes higher up than the Diva so yes, it can hold slightly more.  It also has no writing on the inside, so it's a breeze to clean. 

PCOS Clomid x 4 = BFN Met, Femara, Trigger x3 = BFP! EDD: May 18, 2011 Baby Boy born May 13, 2011 via emergency C section Our Friday the 13th miracle!
  • so glad to hear a first person review. I spent hours on a blog reading comparisons between cups and eventually [finally!] decided on the lunette. Obviously I'm pregnant, so I'm waiting to order it after the baby is born! Can't wait. I hate spending money on tampons every.single.month. So expensive.
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • I have a Diva and when my cycles were super heavy it would over flow soo embarrassing but now with lighter cycles I love its perfect.  I had never heard of lunette but there are two sizes of the diva cup I have only tried one.  It was such a relief never to have to buy tampons or have them again, it embarrassed me to have them in the store. I tried instead for a while but they were too big and leaked and were messy.  I did clip the tip short though so its more comfortable.  I have to remind myself its in there.  Tampons just hurt and didn't stop leaking at all.
  • I have wanted to purchase a cup for years and I'm not actually sure why I haven't done it.  How do those of you that have one find the sizing to be?  I hate buying something and having to return it (can you even do that with such a product?) or spend double the money buying multiple sizes.
    Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
    Home Birthing-Breastfeeding-Cloth Diapering-Baby Wearing-CoSleeping-Delayed/Selective Vaccination Mama to Charlie (5yrs) and Madeline (21mos)
  • imageMainSt:

I totally agree! I was skeptical, but thought I would give it a try and was so happy I did. I also have heavy periods and I didn't leak once and could even go 6 hours without emptying it.  You're right, it made me feel like I didn't have my period at all, SO LIBERATING!

The Lunette cup has the holes higher up than the Diva so yes, it can hold slightly more.  It also has no writing on the inside, so it's a breeze to clean. 

Love hearing this reply! I hate the writing on the inside of the Divacup!

mom to baby Zoe, DX Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 3, over 50 fractures since birth, 4 surgeries, uses a wheelchair, severe sleep apnea, mild hydrocephalus, beautiful blue eyes.
  • imageMainSt:

Love hearing this reply! I hate the writing on the inside of the Divacup!

mom to baby Zoe, DX Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 3, over 50 fractures since birth, 4 surgeries, uses a wheelchair, severe sleep apnea, mild hydrocephalus, beautiful blue eyes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"