1st Trimester
Options

When will/did you tell people?

We just found out last night, appointment is next week. Not sure how far along I am yet but I think only 3-4 weeks. 

As of right now we haven't told anyone else yet. My sister's birthday is Thursday so I want to tell her and my mom then. But his mother is going on a trip tomorrow for 10 days, so we are thinking about telling his parents tonight.

How long did you wait to tell those closest to you? Did you wait for your first doctor's appointment? We aren't going to tell close friends until a bit later and of course everyone else will be after the 1st tri.

Norah transformed our family January 6, 2013

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When will/did you tell people?

• Options
    We told family / very close friends immediately but didn't tell the rest of the world until we had our next appointment at 12 wks. Tell whenever you're comfortable to tell!

Cooper Edward

• Options
    jobiannjobiann member
    I think this question is asked every day...

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jap09Jap09 member
    imagejobiann:

Yet people keep answering and answering. I honestly don't even know why I opened it. Oh yeah I was going to say: what you said.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have debated telling anyone this early, but DH wants to tell his parents after our appointment on Wednesday. I might wait an extra week or two for my parents and our siblings.  Then 13 weeks for everyone else is what I'm thinking.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJap09:
    imagejobiann:

Yet people keep answering and answering. I honestly don't even know why I opened it. Oh yeah I was going to say: what you said.

Well, not everyone is here every day.  I haven't seen it yet, so I answered.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJap09:
    imagejobiann:

I just found out I'm pregnant, I haven't lurked a lot yet. 

I went back about 8 pages looking for other info including ob questions, thinking that would be a question I'd see a lot (and I did, so that was helpful). I didn't notice this one asked. 

Sorry to bore you so. 

Real inviting in here. 

• Options

Several people knew we had the IUI done (my close colleagues and DH's parents).  They were patiently waiting to hear if it worked so they know.

My sister knows on my side, but I would like to wait to tell the rest of my family until after our first doctor's appointment.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Options

Thanks to everyone who did answer, was just wondering.

Just trying to weigh the pros/cons. The support of my mom and sister (who is about to give birth to her second) would be nice right now, I feel a little in shock (even though we were trying, it happened a little faster than I expected) so maybe I'll do it before the appt.

• Options
    I am really bad at keeping secrets lol we did 2 home tests and a blood test with qualitative & quantitative levels the following morning... as soon as that came back ++ and i talked to a few drs I let loose and told everyone :) We are now 8 weeks and Im pretty sure everyone knows. I told my immediate family before making a facebook blast (all my friends are in a different state so FB is how we all stay in touch) Good luck!! I think you should tell people when you feel the most comfortable :) Listen to your gut (or the baby inside the gut) :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Labor buddy to LaceAndLilies
  • Options
    We told family last week at 7 weeks (or so) and I'm debating how soon we'll tell the world.  On one hand, I would love positive thoughts and prayers and on the other hand, I don't want to tell dd1 yet.
    *~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I totally understand about needing support girl! We weren't trying at all and had actually decided to wait until I graduated college next year. We found out a week before my mom moved to Texas and I don't have any family in this state. So trust me I completely understand needing support! Good luck!!!

BabyFetus Ticker Labor buddy to LaceAndLilies
  • Options
    ta78ta78 member

With our first we waited until about 8 weeks. This time we told our parents and some of our closest friends after a few days of finding out. I figure that if something were to happen, I would also want these people to know.

If you would also want your mom and sister or mil there in support of a miscarriage or any problems, then I would go ahead and tell them.

Also.. not sure if you needed help figuring out how far along you were, but go by the first day of your last period. And count the weeks and days from there. Unless you know exactly when you O'd. Then count from there and add 2 weeks.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Options

we told immediate family after the first ob appointment (5weeks). We've announced to everyone else now (i'll be 8weeks next week). I've had 2 healthy pregnancies and no reason to believe this one wont be the same. We were just too excited and wanted to shout it from the roof top! To each their own, if you want to, do it...if you want to wait, wait! its you and your husbands decision. But for me, we have had a lot of wedding showers and parties lately,and the whole no alcohol thing was already tipping people off lol. Good luck!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Kie310Kie310 member

I have been slowing telling people since I POAS at 3.5 weeks. Parents, close friends...I will keep doing this as I see fit for the next few weeks.

I will put it on FB for the world at 12 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we gradually told people and just put it on facebook yesterday
  • Options
    imageta78:

Also.. not sure if you needed help figuring out how far along you were, but go by the first day of your last period. And count the weeks and days from there. Unless you know exactly when you O'd. Then count from there and add 2 weeks.

Thanks, this has confused me a bit. Next month I was planning to start tracking ovulation, but here we are! I guess I have some learning/catching up to do. 

• Options
    imagemest1215:

But for me, we have had a lot of wedding showers and parties lately,and the whole no alcohol thing was already tipping people off lol. Good luck!!!

I'm worried about this as well! I have a bunch of birthday parties coming up, it'll be interesting trying to hide it! I'll probably tell my close friends in the coming weeks. 

• Options
    We have told family (not all extended family yet), and some friends. We're waiting to put in on FB until 10-12 weeks probably.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'm visiting from the third trimester board.  I found out in early November and I waited until Christmas to tell my family - I was about 9 or 10 weeks. This was a few days after my prenatal physical and my first ultrasound where I saw everything was healthy.  We did this because we thought it would be a nice Christmas suprise and because we knew our parents could never keep it a secret, lol.

The news started to spread at that point, but we didn't openly tell people about it until I was about 4 months along.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options

We found out I was pregnant at about 5 weeks I told my best friend right away and we waited to tell our families until last weekend after we had a ultrasound to confirm that everything was healthy. We are going to announce it to everyone else on Facebook probably next week at 9 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am in my second trimester (18th week) and I just told both to-be-grandmothers this past saturday.

I told one of my cousins a few days ago, also that she will be planning the shower - she's exstatic!

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I found out at 3 weeks and we told my mother, mother in law and step daughter (who is an adult). After that we waited until 12 to tell other family and the announced it at 14 weeks on FB. It took 3 years to get here so we wanted to be sure and be cautious.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"