3rd Trimester

Did your water break in previous pregnancies?

I keep anticipating my water breaking at home.  Just curious, what were you doing when your water broke?   ...sleeping, sitting, exercise, sex, etc.  TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Did your water break in previous pregnancies?

• I was at the hospital when mine broke.  I was actually talking to my ob about breaking my water to get things moving.  I was laying in the bed just talking.  If I was standing up it would have been like in the movies with water gushing out.  I had a high level of amniotic fluid, so it really rushed out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • With DD1 my water did not break [they broke it in the hospital around 7cm, right after I got my Epi].

With DD2 my water broke at home, in the morning. I was sitting down eating cereal, right before I was supposed to leave for a Drs Appt [NST]. It wasn't a gush though..just felt like a lot of discharge had come out. It took me a little bit to figure out that it was my water.

Personally I prefer my water not to break..my labor with DD1 was only 12hrs, but with DD2 it was 19 because contractions never started after and I had to have a pitocin induction.  

DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was laying in bed awake one morning after having gotten up to pee (imagine!) and trying to fall back to sleep... and pop WOOSH... My son had never dropped/engaged, so there was plenty of space for fluids to come out.  I DID make it the 8 or so feet from edge of my bed to the bathroom though without any mess!  And then I had DH bring me the largest pad under the cabinet for me to wear until we go to the hospital.  I changed it a couple times before we got there (we took our time-ish), but when I got up out of the wheelchair, there was a puddle to confirm I wasn't making it up.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine broke about 30 minutes after I checked into the hospital.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was asleep. Both times.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was at the hospital for an induction that I was certain wasn't working.  I was sitting down on the ball telling DH lets just go home this isn't working and they are not going to cut me open when my water broke movie style with a crazy pop and gush all over his shoes. lol

My ds was born an hour later.  

• I was sleeping and got up to pee.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • byrne15byrne15 member
    They broke mine at about 7cm

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My water partially broke about two days into labor while in the hospital while I was sitting on an exercise ball. A forebag remained until shortly before pushing--that one went while I was in bed. We wondered if would be born in the caul.
  • I was at my 40 wk doc appointment and was walking from the weight scale to the exam room...Whooooosh!  Perfect timing considering we literally got out of the car from a 90 mile drive.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • irerirer member

They broke the waters at the hospital when I went in. 

ETA: I was around 6 or 7 cm dilated and they did it after my epidural. 

• Not spontaneously, no. My progress seems to get stuck at a point where I need my membranes ruptured before it can finish. With DS my MW broke my water after being stuck at 8 cms for about 8 hours. He was out 2 hours later (an hour of pushing). With DD I got 'stuck' at 6 cms for 4 hours and asked to have my water broke.  DD was out 30 minutes later.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kjg5445kjg5445 member
    my water broke with DS2. i was taking a walk around the neighborhood.

• Daisy22Daisy22 member

with ds1, it broke just after I had finished cleaning the half bathroom on our main floor of our house. I walked out and into the kitchen and pop. Dh was outside cutting the grass. It was about 6 hours before I was to go in to get induced for being overdue. Dh didn't believe me and it was a whirlwind getting to the hospital b/c my water was really brown from meconium. My OB wanted me at the hospital asap to put a cath into my uterus to flush the meconium out.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine didn't break until I was in the hospital in active labor for hours. My sister, on the other hand, had hers break in her boss' office 5 days early. She was mortified!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • sasa625sasa625 member
    My water broke at home when I was 38w3d... I was talking to my friend and I felt a weird pop followed by a trickle of water. I kept talking but went and sat on the toilet (because I was in denial and thought I peed myself). I then realized I couldn't stop the trickle and told her I had to go (and why :) ) I sat on a towel and a few more very small gushes came out so we got ready to leave for the hospital. As we were getting the last few things ready, I started having some mild contractions. By the time I got to the hospital (20 min drive), they were more intense and 2 min apart. I was 4 cm when I got there and DD was born 6 hours and 15 min after my water broke at home (so I'm a little nervous about how fast this one will come!) I was shocked because I had no signs of labor at all until I felt that pop!
  • Yes! Bending over to water the Christmas tree, 2 days before my due date (he was born on his due date!) 2 days after my OB told me there was no progress and they would talk induction...so they really have no idea.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was currently being induced in the hospital.  I felt a little leaking got up to check then I felt some pressure and "POP!"  My water broke and it sounded like a big waterbottle hitting the floor.  
  • With dd1, it was my first sign of labor. I got up to pee and went to climb back into bed and whoosh. With dd2, I'd been having contrax since around 6 am and my water broke in the car when I pulled into the sitter's to pick up dd1 around 3:30pm. 
    image        image
  • nope.....mine never broke. doctor broke it in the hospital at4cm.............
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was laying down on the couch w/ my DH, watching TV :)
  • Mine broke with my first two at home.

Baby # 1 - Typing an e-mail to a friend that the baby was NEVER coming out.  Hit "SEND".  Felt a pop and for some reason I knew what it was, ran to the bathroom, hopped into the shower and a huge gush came out.  Then I took of my shorts, sat on the toilet.  Then I tried to get some towels - wore them like a diaper and went to call my husband.  Then I called the dr.  Then I took a shower, shaved my legs and  got dressed with some huge pads on.  Then I sat on a plastic bag in the car.

Baby #2  - Woke up to pee around 7 am.  Stuff kept coming out - but no pop or gush like the first.  Wondered if it was pee or fluid.  So I laid down again (I sleep with a waterproof mattress pad the last month of pregnancy).  Then I got up and same thing.  So then I called my parents to come get my son.  Then I called the dr who said I would go into labor and when the contractions were 5 min apart to come in.  Never went into labor (just like my first).  So then I called again around 12.  At that point I was consistantly leaking.  They told me to come in.  This time I was smart and made DH stop at chick-fil-a.  For my first I didn't eat for over 30 hours!  It was tourture!!!  Then we went to the hospital.  

BabyName Ticker
  • Yes.  I was 1 week early and was walking upstairs in my house and my water broke (partially).  That was at 2pm and I had my baby the next day at 10am (6 days early).  It was enough to soak my pants and know it wasn't discharge/pee but it was only partial I was told later.  It wasn't like the whole carpet had a pool of fluid.
  • Both times mine broke in the hospital. The first was broken by my OB and the second when I was 8-9cm.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Rink08Rink08 member

With DS1, the doctor broke mine. 

With DS2, mine broke while I was sleeping. It was just a small trickle but enough to wake me. I didn't get a real gush until after I had showered and gone to the bathroom. 

• Nope. I'm pretty sure they broke it at the hospital sometime after I got my epi (8-9 cm)
  • With my 1st after I got up from the potty, I heard a "POP" sound and then it started gushing. There was a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"