June 2012 Moms

Let it out, ladies

For whatever reason, nights are REALLY bad for me.  Baby decides to scoot up high so I can't breath, I can't get comfortable on the couch, my food is hard to eat and then makes me feel too full, I always end up going to bed by 9 which means dh and I have about 2 hours together and then I have a terrible time sleeping.  So I'm in major crank mode right now and want to crank for a minute.  I invite anyone else who is in as bad of a mood as I am to join in with  me.

I hate driving home in rush hour traffic on our highway, as it's stop and go for no reason.  There was a jerk of a driver in front of me TEXTING-I could clearly see his phone-slamming on his brakes because he wasn't paying attention or leaving several cars space in front of him.  I kept honking at him to get off his darn phone, so he flicked me off and sped in to the carpool lane-he was the only one in the car-and probably got home 30 minutes before I did.

I stopped by Bed, Bath and Beyond and only had one coupon.  The lady in front of me had 8 and probably saved 10x the money I did.  

While at Bed, Bath and Beyond, I saw a slushie maker that looked amazing, but didn't get it.  Now it's all I can think about.

Two cars sped behind me as I was trying to back up out of my BBB space because they couldn't wait five seconds for me to get out of my space.

While I was getting fish at the meat counter, there were two older community members complaining about some ordinance that just passed putting in an extra stop light, using tons of profanity and talking really loud like they want the whole store to hear them.  We live in a really small town area and I have no idea what they were talking about, but they added to my bad mood.

I wanted watermelon sorbet, but I guess they don't make that.  So I had to get Strawberry.

I got home and the house is a mess.  Dh is pretty good, but he's certainly not going out of his way to help pick up right now.  I had to clean the kitchen, clean the rice cooker for dinner, change the laundry, clean off the kitchen table and was so out of breath I couldn't do anything else.  Meanwhile I see his stuff everywhere, his clean laundry still sitting out, etc.  Grrrr.

A co-worker who is a high-maintenance friend kept raving about how cute her baby gift for us is-she got it in the UK and kept going on and on about how much we would love it.  She gave it to me today and I couldn't believe it-it's a striped onesie with a GIANT fruit face on it.  The eyes are kiwis, the nose is an orange, and the mouth is a banana.  It's one of the most hideous things I've ever seen.  It's so ugly it's comical, but also added to my WTF mood, because I had to fake enthusiasm and figure out what to do with this hideous outfit.  

My caps lock kept getting stuck on that last paragraph, and I had to retype a sentence about 10 times before I got it right.  

Dh just came over and put a bra on my head and called it my grumpy hat.  

And I'm done. For now.

Re: Let it out, ladies

• Dh just came over and put a bra on my head and called it my grumpy hat.  

Ummm, LOVE that!

I don't have too much to complain about today except I just spent a 1/2 hour fixing a coworker's mistake because she believed an Owner of a vacation rental about a calculation error instead of sitting down and actually calculating it.  The totals were right all along and we've been harassing the renter of the property for 2 days telling them that they owe more money when they really don't.  So, I get to look like the ass going back to the renter and sheepishly telling them that the totals were right all along.  Erg.

Other than that, one of these stupid ports in my back is insanely itchy and I really want to be one of those "I hope the baby comes early for my sake even though it's not best for baby" type mamas because I can't handle the itchiness anymore.  Umm, and it makes showering ridiculously difficult.

Aaaand, my dog ate my granola bar today while I went pee and I heard him eating it and tried to rush and dribbled pee from the pee bag attached to my leg all over my foot.  Gross.  But the babysitter tonight made Rice Krispie bars, so I'm a little happier.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It makes me feel a little better to hear someone else rant, too. ;)

I'm very happy that dh is able to keep such a sense of humor when I'm a huge grumpy pants.  It's going to make labor a lot easier.

• Loading the player...
  • Nights are the worst for me too!! I have done really well all pregnancy for being emotional up until last week. 

Now every.single.night. I cry. Mostly because I am tired and my back hurts an insane amount, I have headaches, etc.  I try so hard not to complain but then I just get pissed off that I am going through all of this and DH just gets to be himself. LOL that sounds ridiculous typing it out but it makes me sooooo upset.  I feel like 5 weeks is a torturously long time to feel like this!!!!!! 

• Dear hubby just left for deployment and didn't fricking pack until the last day. Love him lots and I know he was trying to pretend like he wasn't leaving, but now I come home to messy house and his stuff that he pulled out but didn't take.....grrrr

on the way home from seeing him off at airport some jerk tailgates me because the guy in front of me is going slllooooowwww...then I almost wreck because he was trying to use the turn lane into MY neighborhood to zip around us. 

oh and my favorite...front desk lady at hotel (night before he left, they have to check in by 8 for accountability purposes) tried to send my husband away to wait down the hall since he looked *military*. When I explained he was my husband and had been trying to help me check in she replied...How was I supposed to know, you guys just look like babies, and what are you thinking letting him leave when you are about to have a baby...

Yes because I chose his ship date, and somehow didn't want him to see his first child born...IDIOT.

ok rant done. In most things I'm very blessed and my long torso means I can still usually breathe.

• imagekjem182:

A co-worker who is a high-maintenance friend kept raving about how cute her baby gift for us is-she got it in the UK and kept going on and on about how much we would love it.  She gave it to me today and I couldn't believe it-it's a striped onesie with a GIANT fruit face on it.  The eyes are kiwis, the nose is an orange, and the mouth is a banana.  It's one of the most hideous things I've ever seen.  It's so ugly it's comical, but also added to my WTF mood, because I had to fake enthusiasm and figure out what to do with this hideous outfit.  

Come on!  You can't tease us with this and not post a picture!  Wink

Me: 37 Dx: PCOS 10/09, started Clomid 8/10
    DH: 40 Dx: MFI 6/11
    IVF #1: Lupron
  • Ok, I have a few:

-DS has been sick with ear infections/cough/cold for 6 weeks.  We have been to the pedi 5 times.  He has been on amoxicillin, cefdinir and gotten 3 rounds of the antibiotic shot.  He is not STTN at the moment and just cries and cries for an hour each time he wakes up.  The only thing that helps is getting in the shower with him.  No one in my house is sleeping, no one is pleasant and we are all at our wits end.

-I cried this morning over garlic (see not sleeping aboveBig Smile).  I do not clean out the fridge as often as I should and you can often find something going bad.  Well DH decides to clean it out and throws away a whole jar of new (just opened) minced garlic.  He said he threw it out cause it smelled...it's GARLIC DUDE!  We are very frugal and I was so mad at him (again no sleep) and started crying (no sleep and hormones).

- My family is mad at me because I am refusing to spend time with my brother and sister.  They both are rude and disrespectful to my mom and when I try to defend her it turns into me vs. them.  (Quote from my brother at the last family dinner:  Mom is just a b****h who f*****ed up my life and now wants to f**** up our little sisters life.  Me: No, Mom loves both of you and wants what's best for you and it's your drunken, drug using, unemployed self that has made poor decisions and screwed up your life.)  Mind you this is all in front of my 19 mo old son and his 16 mo old son.  I can't control how they treat our mom or his language, but I can control how much time I spend around them.  Needless to say, I have asked all of us to suck it up and be civil and get together for mother's day. 

Wow, that felt good.  I usually try not to vent, but that actually helped a lot.  Thanks ladies.

• Here's my mini vent:

DH is being a stay at home dad right now while I work 50 hours a week. I've been having horrible sciatic nerve pain and painful contractions. I practically have to BEG him to take out the overflowing garbage or do the dishes he piles up in the sink, obviously they are not from me since I wasn't even home. I have gotten to the point of coming home from work, taking out the trash and then doing the dishes before I bathe our son and put him to bed, then shower and crawl painfully into bed.

If I for a second mention how I wish he'd actually CLEAN once in a while we get into a massive fight and I get called a "nag". I hate the term nag because 95% of the time I shut my mouth and do it myself.

But seriously hubby, I am huge and in pain and work my ass off to try to provide for our family, the LEAST you could do is the dang dishes and take out the trash without throwing a fit! I have gotten to the point of feeling bad for asking him to do stuff around the house. But if I don't it will literally sit for days or weeks before being done. *sigh* I just can't win with him lately.

• imageLoveyFNR:

Here's my mini vent:

DH is being a stay at home dad right now while I work 50 hours a week. I've been having horrible sciatic nerve pain and painful contractions. I practically have to BEG him to take out the overflowing garbage or do the dishes he piles up in the sink, obviously they are not from me since I wasn't even home. I have gotten to the point of coming home from work, taking out the trash and then doing the dishes before I bathe our son and put him to bed, then shower and crawl painfully into bed.

If I for a second mention how I wish he'd actually CLEAN once in a while we get into a massive fight and I get called a "nag". I hate the term nag because 95% of the time I shut my mouth and do it myself.

But seriously hubby, I am huge and in pain and work my ass off to try to provide for our family, the LEAST you could do is the dang dishes and take out the trash without throwing a fit! I have gotten to the point of feeling bad for asking him to do stuff around the house. But if I don't it will literally sit for days or weeks before being done. *sigh* I just can't win with him lately.

I am really sorry, that stinks.  I have no words of wisdom or advice accept to say that I think we all feel this way from time to time (i.e. wish DH would pull their own weight).  I will say a prayer for you that DH will realize that he needs to help out a bit more.  I know that taking care of your LO is prob very overwhelming to him, but perhaps he can come up with a schedule or something where you guys share the housework instead of your doing it all.  GL.

• I'm totally in!

I haven't slept in 2 nights. I mean - hardly a wink. Either DH is snoring or I've got jimmy legs so bad that it's keeping me up. I can't seem to turn my brain off and no matter how exhausted I am I can't sleep. I was up three time to pee by 3am last night which didn't help things - and I didn't even have that much water last night.

DH is trying to help out around the house but doesn't do things they way they need to be done and isn't getting the hint on other things. For example, sheets get changed on Sunday - well, he has stepped up and offered to do the laundry. Great. But doing the laundry means stripping the beds, washing, drying AND FOLDING the sheets, and remaking the bed with fresh sheets. Not leaving the clean sheets balled up in the hamper for a week. 

He is trying to help out around the house but also complains that he isn't getting enough time to relax. When I get frustrated that things aren't done and go do them - thereby overdoing it myself- he gives me grief for doing too much, yet won't do things the way they need to be done. 

We were away on the weekend and didn't get back until late on Sunday - normally I would have changed the sheets anyways, but I could hardly move after the 3hr car ride. DH didn't change the sheets - said it could be done on Monday. It's now Thursday - sheets still aren't fresh and it's driving me bonkers. But - as I said above - it won't go well if I do them, so right now I am trying to see how long I can go without cracking to see if he actually takes initiative and changes them. 

I forgot to take my reflux meds this morning and that means today is going to be a horrible day. 

I feel dizzy and lightheaded every morning around 9-10am. If I'm standing I feel like I'm going to faint, if I'm sitting I feel like I'm going to fall out of my chair. It doesn't seem to matter what I've had to eat or drink - nothing seems to make the feeling go away. But, by 1030 I feel totally fine. It happens every day and I hate it. 

I want the nursery finished. And by finished I mean the ceiling needs to be painted and so does the closet. We've have the paint for weeks - over a month actually. It would have made sense for DH to paint it when he had done the walls and the room was all cleared out, but he didn't. And we had to move the baby stuff into the room, so now it's a bigger ordeal to get everything painted. He has been promising to do it for so long that I don't even want to hear it anymore. 

The thing is we can't do things like put up the new light fixture or unroll the rug or put things up on the walls until the ceiling is painted so he is holding up getting everything finished. 

My brother is getting married in October - which means he will be married to this girl before they've even been together a year. I know it's his wedding and he can do whatever he wants (a total groomzilla btw) but I would have thought that he would have wanted me to a be a part of it at least a little. But nope. DH is more involved in my brothers wedding than I am. Which hurts because my brother and I are fairly close. The exclusion stings. And I know it's not because of the baby - LO will be 4.5months old and my entire family will be there to help out - in fact there will be so many of them there that I will likely only get to hold LO when it's time for a feeding or a change.

I have more to vent about but think this post is already long enough.

pregnancy pregnancy
  • Couldn't hold this one in any longer - I am so done with work.

I am tired of being told one thing then someone else being told something else. It's typically my boss that is telling people different things and it's frustrating because it makes me look like I don't know what is going on or like I'm unprepared. I feel like I'm being set up for failure as my boss still hasn't told me who is doing what while I'm gone - and I only have 2.5weeks of work left.

This includes getting the pieces in place for the big event we put on in September that I do quite a bit of the prep for. We were going to create a committee to help the staff do what I do, but now things have changed so much in regards to this committee that it won't be able to fulfill the originally intended purpose.  And I feel as though when things hit the fan - which they will - anything that goes wrong will get blamed on me - and since I won't be here to defend myself to tell my side of the story I'm worried that I will be terminated while on leave (legalities of that aside).

Basically, I feel like I'm being undermined and sabotaged by my boss. She isn't around to sign off on the things I need her authority for, she won't tell me who is taking over what aspects of my job while I am gone - which isn't giving me enough time to get those people set up and things will fall through the cracks. And the things she does talk with me about - she tells everyone else something different! I can't really do anything about this either since she the the Executive Director of our organization and there isn't anyone above her that I can go to.

There is just too much BS going on and I don't want to deal with it anymore. 

pregnancy pregnancy
  • I totally agree, I hate nighttime as well.  I've seriously considered just not going to bed, or camping out on the toilet since I have to get up so much to pee anyway.  I've got too many pillows to maneuver, and I try really hard not to wake my husband up.  When I ask him the next morning if I disturbed him and he says no, it sort of makes me mad because I can't sleep, am miserable tossing and turning and he sleeps through it like a cat in a coma.  I may lose it one night and just pummel him with pillows on purpose and then pretend to be asleep.

My husband nearly vomited and was nauseated for like half an hour when we watched a video of a baby being born.  "It's drippy!"  Yet he can sit and watch a Tosh montage of vomit videos and laugh like a hyena.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm going to go back and read the latest posts, because I am in full sympathy mode this morning.  But before I do that, here's the outfit.  I apologize to any of you who think this is cute, but jeez do I think it's weird.  It reminds me of a mime that dripped his fruit salad on himself.  I have to keep it, as it has no tags and is from the UK, so I guess it will be a pair of pjs?  It's 6-12 months, so I have a while until I have to see it on him.  

• imagekjem182:

That reminds me of a burglar outfit!  And I thought it was bad that I got monkey outfits when I really don't like monkeys hehe. 

• imageHeartcease:
    imagekjem182:

That reminds me of a burglar outfit!  And I thought it was bad that I got monkey outfits when I really don't like monkeys hehe. 

It's creepy! Ugh! I hope LO 'stains' and never has to actually wear it. *shudders*

pregnancy pregnancy
  • This would warrant a FTM moment for me where I accidentally forgot to put a diaper on first. Oops, sorry. My mini rant is simple. Baby's breech and I'm having a version next week. I've been naturally trying to flip LO for 4 weeks. The MW told me on Monday it would be either Tuesday or Wednesday of next week but had yet to contact me with an exact time so that DH and I can let work know. I've left messages for her but still haven't heard from her.
  • Aw, ladies.  We all need a giant chocolate bar right now.  I'll indulge in one for the rest of you as I write this.

Oh, lord.  The co-worker just came over and wanted to talk more about the outfit.  She said I could wear it around on my bump for now, until the baby comes and can wear it.  Blech.

I scheduled three meetings at once on my calendar this morning without realizing it.  And then I was later in to work than I wanted to be and had to rush to get things figured out and rescheduled.  Now I feel like I'm in total panic mode and don't know how to come down from this.  I know this is also being egged on by the huge ice tea I'm drinking, but I need the energy due to my terrible night's sleep last night.  Baby is moving a LOT more during the night.  I'd never woken up to it before, but now he keeps me up for hours.  I'm thankful he hasn't dropped, as the stories posted this morning sound horrible (sitting on the head?  yikes!), but I don't care for him being so high, either.

I'm so sick of my body and maternity clothes I could scream.  We live in an area where everyone wears skinny jeans and running outfits everywhere, and they all have great bodies.  I feel like I'm stuck in purgatory-I can't work out because I get so out of breath/it's so very uncomfortable, yet I'm putting on the weight and getting huge.  All my maternity clothes are handed down and look like washed out moo-moos.  I feel like a frumpy cow.  My hair has doubled in thickness but refuses to grow out past mid-neck, which means I look even frumpier.  I don't wear make-up and it's so hard to feel cute right now.  I avoid mirrors like the plague and dream of what I'll look like when I slim down again.  Dh has been so great this morning-he was even cheery about my huge polka dot stretch marks on my muffin top-but most of the time I just want to cry.  I refuse to buy new clothes as they are so dang expensive, so I just see myself stuck in this black hole of ugliness for another 7 weeks. 

A huge hug to everyone dealing with dh issues.  Mine is pretty darn great, but there are times we get in to funks and it's the worst.  I think we're both working really, really hard to hold it together right now, and I'm praying things don't implode before Baby gets here. 

• Whoops, I could have put my MIL rant here . . .

OK, here's another: 

I am SICK TO DEATH of being so freaking bulbous that total strangers feel the need to call out to me on the street "boy or girl?" and assorted other comments. 

So yesterday in the elevator at work when some random woman I've never met or laid eyes on asked me when I am due (which admittedly isn't even that bad) I snapped and put one hand across the bump and said:

"Excuse me?  Oh, did you think  I was pregnant?  Funny, I've been getting that a lot lately.  Not sure why . . . " 

GRRR!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekjem182:

I'm going to go back and read the latest posts, because I am in full sympathy mode this morning.  But before I do that, here's the outfit.  I apologize to any of you who think this is cute, but jeez do I think it's weird.  It reminds me of a mime that dripped his fruit salad on himself.  I have to keep it, as it has no tags and is from the UK, so I guess it will be a pair of pjs?  It's 6-12 months, so I have a while until I have to see it on him.  

So, my students are quietly working on a reflection and I saw this picture!  I burst out laughing, complete with a snort, and almost peed my pants.  THAT IS AWFUL.  REALLY REALLY CREEPY.  Reminds of Edward Scissor Hands or something you would see on the Adams Family.  Wow. 

• imagekjem182:

I'm going to go back and read the latest posts, because I am in full sympathy mode this morning.  But before I do that, here's the outfit.  I apologize to any of you who think this is cute, but jeez do I think it's weird.  It reminds me of a mime that dripped his fruit salad on himself.  I have to keep it, as it has no tags and is from the UK, so I guess it will be a pair of pjs?  It's 6-12 months, so I have a while until I have to see it on him.  

Dude, you totally just won the "Ugliest Baby Outfit PIP Contest" that we now don't need to have!  Congratulations!  Party!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH told me last night that my MIL asked him when we're going to go visit his grandma.  I don't know if it's the hormones or what but I flipped out when his response to her was that he would have to ask me.  It would be a four hour car ride so 8 hour trip.  I asked him if he forgot that we were having a baby sometime in the next four weeks, we shouldn't go that far away from the hospital, we would have to stop every half hour for a pee break, sitting in a car that long would be unbearable for me, etc.  Why doesn't he think of these things and just tell her we can't go anytime soon instead of making it look like I'm the bad guy when I tell her no.  And honestly, why would my MIL even ask us to go right now?  She's been pregnant three times!  Ugh.

DD1 5.26.12 - Femara, Gonal F and IUI

DD2 10.18.14 - IVF

• I am so glad you guys agree on the outfit!  I thought maybe I was just being overly cranky.  I can't help but crack up hysterically every time I see it.  It's just one of those 'what they heck where they thinking' outfits!  Dh saw it and tried to be diplomatic-he's in advertising, so he held it up and said 'Well, it's very design-y'.  Way to take the high road, dh.  I'm going to have to think up something really funny to do with it for a picture with Baby.  I think I'm going to spend most of maternity leave taking weird pictures of Baby, so maybe I can somehow use this.  Paint his face like a mime and catch him with a mime-like smirk on his face?  Photoshop prison bars in front of him?  Hmmm....
  • That outfit cracks me up... Are you positive that it's not a gag gift? It totally looks like something my friends would buy me just to be ridiculous. That reminds me, though... has anybody seen these? I can't help but die laughing every time I see that baby's face.

https://www.momlogic.com/2009/03/the_baby_snuggie.php

So here's my mini rant:

Finished my last final today, and I'm sooo not happy with that test. I'm sure I did fine, but the professor made it WAY too long... the test was scheduled from 10:30 - 1, and when I left at 1:15 there were still 10 people behind (in a class of 15). I just left because I got pissy, and I was starving from pregnancy/hypoglycemia so my hands were shaking really bad and I felt like I was gonna pass out. It was awful. =(

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • imagekjem182:

OMG!  It's hideous!  Thank you for posting the pic!  I can't believe she thought it was cute.  Maybe she needs her eyes checked?

Me: 37 Dx: PCOS 10/09, started Clomid 8/10
    DH: 40 Dx: MFI 6/11
    IVF #1: Lupron
  • Alright. Since only other hormonal pregnant ladies can understand:

-I hate my OB/GYN right now. She wanted me to take my maternity leave now because my work schedule wouldn't allow me to go see a specialist she wanted me to see. I've seen 3 other specialists and consulted the L&D staff at our hospital already. There's only a small sliver of this issue left that we haven't covered, and techinically my OB/GYN could do it. She just doesn't want to. And by the time I get to this appointment she wants me to have, the baby will almost be here. What's the point if the whole thing is about prevention? She should have gotten off her butt and gotten my tests done sooner, then we'd have something to talk about. And like I want to spend half my maternity leave sitting on my butt waiting for the baby to come. There's no physical reasons I can't work, so why would I take time now verses spending it with my LO?

-Despite DH already explaining to his family that the time after birth is a recovery time and we don't want to be entertaining guests, they have choosen to ignore that. Last weekend they starting talking about how they were going to come down and see us in the hospital. Umm, no. The baby will spend almost all her time in my recovery room, or in the NICU if something is wrong. I don't want to deal everyone cramming into my room and socializing while I feel like crap. We told them there isn't a nusery where they could view the baby so they should just wait a few days, and my MIL asked us if we were sure it was really an acredited hospital because it sounded awful.

-DH is supposed to be getting the house ready because we were told LO is likely to arrive early. I love him, but he procrastinates. Then, when he finally does do something, he goes soooooooooo slow that I nearly go insane.

-If one more person asks me how I'm feeling, I'm going to scream. I try to be nice and just say I'm hanging in there, but I want to yell "Frickin' terrible you jerk!" Pick something else for small talk!

-I want sugar! Stupid GD.

-Why is it when someone tries to "make things easier" for me, they always make things so much more complicated. Then they won't believe me when I tell them they're adding more stress trying to help.

Ug. I feel better.

• imagekjem182:

Thanks for sharing.  I was really wondering what it looked like.  Sorry, but not that cute.  You have to wonder who designed such a crazy piece of clothing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • imagekjem182:

This outfit is so LOL. Wow!

My husband is snoring so loud right now I almost want to smother him with a pillow! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"