June 2012 Moms

UO

I'm rather cranky today and need an outlet. Let the Unpopular Opinions fly!
pregnancy pregnancy

Re: UO

• I think that registry stalking to the point of being able to tell exactly who bought you what is very selfish and gift grabby (directed at a girl I work with who is getting married this summer).

I think husbands/SOs need to take a course at the start of pregnancy that teaches them how to do things properly around the house so when their wives/partners are super pregnant or unable to do those things - they can still get done in a way that doesn't add to the pregnant lady's stress and we don't have to ask/nag to get things done.

I think companies should be mandated to allow for pregnant women to take naps - and this includes providing an adequate space and comfy pillow.

pregnancy pregnancy
  • I don't like Pinterest. I've played around with it and just don't get the appeal. I see people on my FB pinning things all the time. It mostly seems like funny pictures and things like that. I don't see the point or how people get lost on there for hours.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePregNerd:

I think that registry stalking to the point of being able to tell exactly who bought you what is very selfish and gift grabby (directed at a girl I work with who is getting married this summer).

I think husbands/SOs need to take a course at the start of pregnancy that teaches them how to do things properly around the house so when their wives/partners are super pregnant or unable to do those things - they can still get done in a way that doesn't add to the pregnant lady's stress and we don't have to ask/nag to get things done.

I think companies should be mandated to allow for pregnant women to take naps - and this includes providing an adequate space and comfy pillow.

100% agree with the registry stalking. My UO is also about registries. I think it's greedy when women complain about  people not shopping off their registry. I mean come on, be grateful for whatever you get and keep that kind of complaining to yourself.
  • Did someone say cranky??? LOL.

I have not problem when anyone goes into labor knowing that they want to get an epidural.  HOWEVER, I can't stand it when they say "I know that I couldn't handle that kind of pain."  No one ever died from the pain of child birth, complications, Yes but not the pain. 

I don't understand this trend of naming babies with old lady names (although I do like Sophia-even though technically she is one of the Golden Girls).  I am talking Cordelia and Flora (I apologize if either of these are your LO's names).

I can't stand cookie cakes.  They never taste like a cookie and they don't taste like cake.

Half the time I am convinced modern medicine is more like trial and error and doctors don't know what they are talking about.  We have been to the peditricians office 5 times in the past 6 weeks and my son still has an ear infection despite two different oral antibiotics and three antibiotic injections....urrggrrhh!

• imagecourtfsu:

Did someone say cranky??? LOL.

I have not problem when anyone goes into labor knowing that they want to get an epidural.  HOWEVER, I can't stand it when they say "I know that I couldn't handle that kind of pain."  No one ever died from the pain of child birth, complications, Yes but not the pain. 

I don't understand this trend of naming babies with old lady names (although I do like Sophia-even though technically she is one of the Golden Girls).  I am talking Cordelia and Flora (I apologize if either of these are your LO's names).

I can't stand cookie cakes.  They never taste like a cookie and they don't taste like cake.

Half the time I am convinced modern medicine is more like trial and error and doctors don't know what they are talking about.  We have been to the peditricians office 5 times in the past 6 weeks and my son still has an ear infection despite two different oral antibiotics and three antibiotic injections....urrggrrhh!

LOL You must have read my rants on the "Let it out Ladies" thread. 

Also, I agree with you on pretty much everything you said Yes

pregnancy pregnancy
  • imagePregNerd:

I think that registry stalking to the point of being able to tell exactly who bought you what is very selfish and gift grabby (directed at a girl I work with who is getting married this summer).

I like the way you think! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SigirSigir member

I have been watching a baby story a lot recently (bad idea I know) and am starting to think that a lot of doctors bring people in for inductions when their bodies are not ready, let these women labor and get desperate, break their water so there is no going back, and then do a c-section... and I am starting to think that these doctors start these inductions knowing that they are going to do c-sections, and are just humoring the women by pretending that they have a chance to deliver vaginally. They get the women to a miserable breaking point, after hours of pitocin -induced contractions, and know that they will not put up any fight against a c-section. 

How else could the story line of every single episode be exactly the same???

• imagePregNerd:
    imagecourtfsu:

Did someone say cranky??? LOL.

LOL You must have read my rants on the "Let it out Ladies" thread. 

Also, I agree with you on pretty much everything you said Yes

Heck yeah, I read it.  You are usually so upbeat that your posts make me feel better.  Today it's nice to know that I'm not alone in my cranky mood. It's funny, it seems a majority of us are feeling the same way this week.  Tired and cranky.  Happy Thursday! 

• SigirSigir member
    imagecourtfsu:

Half the time I am convinced modern medicine is more like trial and error and doctors don't know what they are talking about.

Working in healthcare I can tell you, that this is very true!!!

• imageSigir:
    imagecourtfsu:

Half the time I am convinced modern medicine is more like trial and error and doctors don't know what they are talking about.

And I totally agree with your statement about inductions, and even though it is the same story repeatedly, Baby Story is my guilty pleasure.

• SigirSigir member
    imagecourtfsu:
    imageSigir:
    imagecourtfsu:

And I totally agree with your statement about inductions, and even though it is the same story repeatedly, Baby Story is my guilty pleasure.

Me too!  I was telling dh the other night though that I think these doctors on the show may act the way they do because they are being ultra-conservative because if god forbid something were to go wrong, all their decisions would have been documented by the film crews, making a malpractice lawsuit a slam dunk.  Do you think that is why there are so many inductions and c-sections on this show?

I would love to know the % c-section rate of Baby Story.  I'll bet its 75-80%!

• imageSigir:

I have been watching a baby story a lot recently (bad idea I know) and am starting to think that a lot of doctors bring people in for inductions when their bodies are not ready, let these women labor and get desperate, break their water so there is no going back, and then do a c-section... and I am starting to think that these doctors start these inductions knowing that they are going to do c-sections, and are just humoring the women by pretending that they have a chance to deliver vaginally. They get the women to a miserable breaking point, after hours of pitocin -induced contractions, and know that they will not put up any fight against a c-section. 

How else could the story line of every single episode be exactly the same???

This is exactly why I stopped watching those shows!  I couldn't stand watching almost every story end in c-section!  I'm glad I'm delivering at my hospital though, their c-section rate is well below the national average.  They are Military doctors so they get paid the same whether it's a vaginal or c-section delivery so it's not like that's an incentive.

• imageSigir:
    imagecourtfsu:
    imageSigir:
    imagecourtfsu:

Me too!  I was telling dh the other night though that I think these doctors on the show may act the way they do because they are being ultra-conservative because if god forbid something were to go wrong, all their decisions would have been documented by the film crews, making a malpractice lawsuit a slam dunk.  Do you think that is why there are so many inductions and c-sections on this show?

I would love to know the % c-section rate of Baby Story.  I'll bet its 75-80%!

You know, I had never thought of that but you are probably right.  Especially the state of our nation being so law suit happy.  It's crazy.

I always assumed the induction and c-section rate was so high to make sure the film crew could make it on time to catch it all.  LOL.

• I am very cranky today too. I am in a constant state of tired and doing a lot at home and working.

I agree with the course for SO's on how to do household chores. DH is struggling right now to load the dishwasher... sigh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageGismo123:
    imagePregNerd:

100% agree with the registry stalking. My UO is also about registries. I think it's greedy when women complain about  people not shopping off their registry. I mean come on, be grateful for whatever you get and keep that kind of complaining to yourself.

I totally agree with the registry stalking.  Show at least a little restraint people!  When I was getting married and had one I looked occassionally and then made myself stop before our showers.  What is the fun in knowing everything you're getting?  I was at a baby shower once where the mom to be even mentioned several times that she was excited about the gift when she opened it and had wondered who it came from, that she'd been looking/stalking her registry, blah blah blah.  TACKY!    I am also absolutely over hearing people complain about the gifts they receive and people not following their registries.  So ridiculous and childish.  You sound so diva and I imagine you stomping your feet and pitching a fit.

Now to the PP commenting on cookie cakes- I can not agree with you there.  Yummmm

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageJessieCupcake:
    I don't like Pinterest. I've played around with it and just don't get the appeal. I see people on my FB pinning things all the time. It mostly seems like funny pictures and things like that. I don't see the point or how people get lost on there for hours.

I don't use Pinterest correctly most of the time it seems.  I love to find craft stuff to do on there, and recipes, but I made sure that I didn't allow it to post on FB.  I don't think that anyone cares that I squee with glee when I find a pattern to knit my very own cthulhu.  Even though I can't even freaking knit.

My UO is that I hate buying shoes.  Shoe stores smell funny.  I will wear the same pair until they fall apart and then reluctantly try to find a new pair.  I just recently had to replace my dress shoes that I had since I was 16.  Now my flip flops that I got when I was 18 have torn up again, and I don't think I can keep Gorilla gluing them :( 

• We have a 'Zen Room' at work where we can nap.  But two-three days a week, there is a chiropractor or massage guy in there and I can't use it.  And those are always the days I desperately need a nap more than any other time ever.  One day I even paid for a massage just so I could sleep on his table.  Baby kicked the entire time, so it wasn't even good.  Boo.

My cranks aren't really opinions this morning.  So I'll go crank on the Let it Out thread.   

• imageJessieCupcake:
    I don't like Pinterest. I've played around with it and just don't get the appeal. I see people on my FB pinning things all the time. It mostly seems like funny pictures and things like that. I don't see the point or how people get lost on there for hours.

I agree. It's the same damn thing as doing a Google search and bookmarking what you find. No one needs to know what I'm making DH for breakfast, or how I'm decorating for DD's party before they get there. I'd get it if the ideas were actually from that site, but it's just a bunch of links to other places on the web.

• - I can't stand Sofia Vergara. I don't think she's the most beautiful woman in the world. I can't understand what she says half the time. Her voice is like nails on a chalk board. I change the channel every time her new KMart commercial comes on.

- I don't buy "Febreze" products because they don't spell it Febreeze. It bugs the shyt out of me that they didn't include the extra "e".

• I loathe adults who say "it's not fair". 

Also, I cannot believe how many people cannot manage their finances and do not learn from previous mistakes. I've had a checking account since I was sixteen. I have never in my life overdrawn my account. When did simple adding and subtracting become so difficult? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think its lame when people post things such as "normally i would flame you to a crisp over getting your dd's ear pierced or circumcising your son but since its part of your culture, I now think its totally ok."

I love that piercing ears is tacky tack- until its part of your culture- then its fine. circumcising a boy is baby torture- until its part of your culture- well then you have a valid excuse. I dont need an excuse and borrow lots of things from lots of cultures. According to alot of people, unless Im Jewish, I cant circumcise? Lame.

I have 0 problem with either of these issues and seriously not starting a debate (b/c they are so pointless anyways). I just hate-hate-hate these replies on these question.

• I am sick of people talking about how little sleep I will get when LO arrives.  Like I am getting sleep now?  I'd rather have two hours of comfortable sleep than 8 hours of tossing and turning, getting up to use the bathroom- hobbling to said bathroom in so much pain because my pelvis is being stretched apart, unable to lay on my stomach (which is my preferred sleeping position).  My DH has already promised to take a few night feedings (he is a night owl) providing that pumping works for me, and I am SO looking forward to a few hours here and there of real sleep!!
  • This is probably really silly, but I wish that pregnant women could park in handicapped spots. There are about a billion of them all over campus, and I'm starting to have a really hard time walking, since LO dropped and I still have a pulled groin. But instead, I have to park 6 gazillion miles away, and then STAND when I ride the bus because those perfectly healthy 18 year old boys can't offer me their seat when I'm in a ton of pain. -.-
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • imagecaeraRose:
    This is probably really silly, but I wish that pregnant women could park in handicapped spots. There are about a billion of them all over campus, and I'm starting to have a really hard time walking, since LO dropped and I still have a pulled groin. But instead, I have to park 6 gazillion miles away, and then STAND when I ride the bus because those perfectly healthy 18 year old boys can't offer me their seat when I'm in a ton of pain. -.-

Ask your doctor for a temporary handicapped tag.  I wouldn't think it was necessary in most cases (just going to the grocery store and that kind of thing) but since you're on a campus and have to ride the bus instead, I think that would be perfectly reasonable.  I'm pretty sure it's no big deal for the the doctor to give you one.   

BabyFruit Ticker
    image imageimage
  • I'm sick of creepy old men that try to give my kids money. I understand trying to be generous but seriously, we don't know you and don't want quarters from your pants that look like they've been slept in for the past six months. We also don't want: high-fives, hugs, candy, a ride in your shopping cart (yep! it happened!).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSweetHurricane:

- I can't stand Sofia Vergara. I don't think she's the most beautiful woman in the world. I can't understand what she says half the time. Her voice is like nails on a chalk board. I change the channel every time her new KMart commercial comes on.

This so much! 

Me: 37 Dx: PCOS 10/09, started Clomid 8/10
    DH: 40 Dx: MFI 6/11
    IVF #1: Lupron
  • imagethatoneredhead:

I think its lame when people post things such as "normally i would flame you to a crisp over getting your dd's ear pierced or circumcising your son but since its part of your culture, I now think its totally ok."

I love that piercing ears is tacky tack- until its part of your culture- then its fine. circumcising a boy is baby torture- until its part of your culture- well then you have a valid excuse. I dont need an excuse and borrow lots of things from lots of cultures. According to alot of people, unless Im Jewish, I cant circumcise? Lame.

I have 0 problem with either of these issues and seriously not starting a debate (b/c they are so pointless anyways). I just hate-hate-hate these replies on these question.

Agreed.

• Well this isn't an "UO" but i'm really getting tired of everything I say being blamed on my hormones. At work if I correct the two girls that work for me (well not for me... under me... something) they're like "uh oh she's being hormonal again."

I'm not being hormonal, I'm making sure you do your job correctly. I'm not cranky because i'm pregnant, i'm cranky because you've forgot to trim nails on the last 3 dogs you bathed and i've told you every day for a week to pay closer attention... I'm going on maternity leave at any time now and I need to feel confidant that when I'm gone the clients have good experiences and things aren't getting missed because i'm not there babysitting you.

The good thing is my MIL (who is the owner of the shop) will be in there when I'm gone and if they want to see cranky they will when they repeatedly miss basic things. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 0ashley0ashley member
    imageSweetHurricane:

- I don't buy "Febreze" products because they don't spell it Febreeze. It bugs the shyt out of me that they didn't include the extra "e".

This is funny. I hate small town local stores that have "shoppe" or some other stupid spelling variation in their name."

June 2012 Mom (2.5 yr old boy), July 2015 Mom (team green), Babywearing newbie/enthusiast
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"