August 2012 Moms

Do men really find pregnant women more attractive?

I was at In-N-Out yesterday with the husband yesterday and, as I was ordering my large chocolate milkshake, the no older than 20 adorable boy taking my order kept staring and smiling at me.  After inspecting myself for any traces of embarrassment on my clothes or face, I asked my husband, "Why did he keep smiling at me?"  I knew he couldn't have thought I was hot or anything because, as you see from my avatar, I'm huge pregnant.  In response, the husband said, "Women become even prettier when they are pregnant.  You look extra pregnant today and so beautiful and he saw that."  Was my husband lying to try to get some, or is this the truth?  Hopefully you got this far and I didn't lose you at "In-N-Out." Stick out tongue
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do men really find pregnant women more attractive?

• haha idk but I was talking about how gross and huge I feel the other day and my DH said he notices guys checking me out all the time still even though, in his words, "Your belly is bigger and your butt is wider" haha thanks husby
  • First of all, SO jealous about your In-N-Out trip! I live in the midwest but everytime I get to the west I seek out this fantastic burger joint to indulge in their animal style burger and fries! Secondly, in response to your experience, I had a similar one at the post office yesterday! I was totally creeped out feeling like i look like a house and being impregnanted with another man's child the thought of anyone looking at me in any sort of come hither way just freaks me out! I guess we should take it as a compliment?
  • Loading the player...
  • First - I live on the East Coast and now I desparately want to use some FF Miles just to get some In n Out!

And your husband is very sweet.   SO would probably say something like this too . . . he is in love with the extra junk in the trunk and the girls that have taken over!   LOL

BabyFruit Ticker

• It's so weird.  It's like they have some sort of primal attraction to fertility?  And, yes, the In-N-Out is less than 10 minutes from my house!  I don't know what excited me more:  the shake or the cute boy smile!
  • I've had 2 men tell me themselves (friends of ours) how pregnancy has really made me glow and its just suits me.  One of those guys said he finds pregnant women beautiful and attractive.  Not sure what thats about.  We may look beautiful, but it sure don't feel beautiful! 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Huh, I'm not sure. I've had people (men and women) tell me I look better pregnant. I was a bit underweight to begin with though, so I think the extra weight helped me. With all the nice and unexpected compliments I'm going to make sure I don't slip under a certain weight after baby #2 is born!! :)
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • I have heard this a few times from men of all ages. My DH compliments me too, but I think he does it for fear of his own life if I dont feel decent about myself while carrying his child Wink So, yes, I do think that there is a decent sized population out there that appreciate a woman who is pregnant and admire the beauty in it.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think its the boobs!

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• i have this random guy i run into every week at class (i take a bathroom break about 6:30 every class and he's out in the hall waiting for his class to start at 7).  anyway, the past couple of weeks he gets this huge smile on his face when i walk out the door, and tells me i'm looking great and glowing and all that... little creepy, but also kinda sweet as he's been out there 2x a week the entire semester so has seen me go from not showing at all to looking like i have a bowling ball under my shirt.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • So I always thought my husband said it because he feared for his life if he didnt.  LOL...But he has just said it is sexy and he doesnt really have a reason why...just is.  His reason for other men liking it is becuase he said they know you put out.  Gotta love it when they are honest!

I will say that it is nice to get the looks even when we may not feel the best!  I know there are mornings it just makes me feel good about finally dragging my butt out of bed and obviously my face and hair doesnt look that bad even though I was in a rush! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Tash13Tash13 member

You definitely lost me at in-n-out. Can't wait to get to CA next week!

• I think I read something about how the farther along you get the more pheromones you produce. It?s a primal thing to attract a mate and keep him close by so that he can protect you and the baby in the late stages of your pregnancy and while baby is small. You make it for I think 3 months after baby is born also. So it may be why the men find our expanding pheromones so much more attractive! :O)

Just a thought, but enjoy it! It?s always nice to be thought of as pretty and sexy when you feel your most NOT! :O)

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• I read an interesting article about this that brought up a few reasons why (some) men may be attracted to pregnant women.

1)  You're pregnant, which means you had sex, which gets them thinking about you having sex.... which turns them on.

2)  Obviously the bigger boobs.

3)  If they have a positive relationship with their Moms (isn't this the Oedipus complex?) then they may be attracted to pregnant women because it brings up fond memories.

4)  You're pregnant already - so if they have sex with you you won't get pregnant - no birth control necessary!

5) Protectiveness - you're super huge and pregnant and they want to provide for/help you, which turns them on.

• Forgot one!

6) The taboo/fetish of having sex with a woman who is pregnant with another man's baby.  This can make a man feel 'superior' to another man, or something like that!

• imageazdcpa0912:

I read an interesting article about this that brought up a few reasons why (some) men may be attracted to pregnant women.

1)  You're pregnant, which means you had sex, which gets them thinking about you having sex.... which turns them on.

3)  If they have a positive relationship with their Moms (isn't this the Oedipus complex?) then they may be attracted to pregnant women because it brings up fond memories.

4)  You're pregnant already - so if they have sex with you you won't get pregnant - no birth control necessary!

5) Protectiveness - you're super huge and pregnant and they want to provide for/help you, which turns them on.

I think you pinpointed it pretty well!  One or more of those applies to every man, don't you think?

• imageazdcpa0912:

I read an interesting article about this that brought up a few reasons why (some) men may be attracted to pregnant women.

Well this clears things up! I guess pregnancy is HOT! :)

WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • My husband tells me almost daily how beautiful and gorgeous he thinks I am.  It's funny because I usually don't feel that way but if he says it...

In-N-Out sort of cracks me up.  It's good but it's not great, in my opinion.  Several opened in Utah and I swear there is ALWAYS a line no matter what time of day. 

• Pregnant woman have a glow around them, Somedays i dont feel so grand, But i peer n the mirror and think i look good today. But i would say.. i dont know about it.
    But.. ive had some men smiling at me and stuff. But ive some pretty nasty comments my way about being pregnant and looks.

I think it depends on the man really.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesfelix13:

So I always thought my husband said it because he feared for his life if he didnt.  LOL...But he has just said it is sexy and he doesnt really have a reason why...just is.  His reason for other men liking it is becuase he said they know you put out.  Gotta love it when they are honest!

I will say that it is nice to get the looks even when we may not feel the best!  I know there are mornings it just makes me feel good about finally dragging my butt out of bed and obviously my face and hair doesnt look that bad even though I was in a rush! :)

LOL my husband says the same exact thing! Not exactly the most flattering thing to say now that I've entered the cankle stage and been feeling pretty down about a 3 lb weight gain in a week (I know, stupid thing but I can't help it), I wish he would be just a little more sensitive.  He doesn't have to look any different now that he's a dad-to-be, but I feel like a guest in my own body!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"