Babies: 0 - 3 Months

2 month old pooping frequency

My 10 week old has only been pooping once per day for the past week and today she didn't poop at all. She was BF until 8 weeks but has been on Similac Sensitive since then. She is eating alot and sleeping alot and she still has LOTS of wet diapers, but she really seems like she needs to poop and I feel like even once per day may not be enough.

How often does your formula fed 2 month old poop? Should I be concerned?

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2 month old pooping frequency

• I'm going through the same thing. My son is 2 months and usually poops once a day now. He skipped a day and the dr. said as long as he has wet diapers, stomach not distended hes ok. I'm also using similac sensitive.  

• DS is BF, but we supplement 2-3oz of formula after every feed.  He is 8 weeks and the past week he's been pooping once every 24-36 hrs.  just had his 2 month checkup and dr said it's totally normal.  as long as you get lots of wet diapers it's fine.  dr said some babies can go as long as a week between poops!

sorry about the bad grammer, typing one handed while holding ds.

• Loading the player...
  • I BF and supplement anywhere between 3-10oz of Similac Advanced per day. My LO has always pooped once per day since getting home from the hospital - and lately once every other day. My ped said its totally normal and ditto what pp said about sometimes as long as a week. When your LO does poop, as long as she's not straining and her poop isn't hard she should be fine! :)
  • imageMelanie.Brown:

dr said some babies can go as long as a week between poops!

this. we BF and supplement and she's been having a poop every other day or sometimes every day from the very beginning. I was super freaked out at first because you hear about how newborn babies poop during/after every feeding and mine wasn't. But she was gaining lots of weight and the dr said it was perfectly normal. Wish the parenting books talked about this more and not just about the super poopers only...

• I BF and my doctor told me that around 2 months the pooping really slows down. When DD was first born it was like she had poop every time I changed her diaper. Now, she poops a couple of times per day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"