Babies: 0 - 3 Months

honestly- how does your stomach look?

I gained 56 pounds while pregnant....lovely....and have lost 63 pounds. Which I am really excited about. The only thing I want to 'tighten' up still is my stomach. I'm working out, and the stretch marks have faded. But underneath my belly button, the skin is still 'loose'...like when I sit down, it almost looks wrinkley or something. Assuming this is not going away, and that's fine- what have you guys found??

Re: honestly- how does your stomach look?

• I have the same issue. I just went and bought some new "small" jeans today and my loose belly flops over the top! I just try to wear tighter nursing tanks under my clothes to hold it in a bit or I wear looser more flowy shirts that will hide it.
  • Blech... mine is jiggly and has no control. It's flat when I stand but poofs out when I sit. I have yet to get my ass to the gym but I hope sit-ups will take care of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • My stretch marks have barely faded. My tummy is what I call "soft tummy". I've lost almost all of the weight but it just feels and looks soft, like you said loose. I need to start working out and see if that helps...it is getting better though.
  • I gained 35 and have lost 55- was overweight pre-pg.  I also have loose, wrinkley belly skin and I think it's nasty, but I guess I have to live with it :(
    DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Like an old man's wrinkly butt.

• Mine is tight but the muscles are still about 21/2 inches separated so I still look pregnant.  :(  I don't want to look pregnant anymore. 

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have the same thing...all wrinkly under my belly button, and lovely stretch marks all around my belly button.  It is beautiful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageABMcKinney:

Like an old man's wrinkly butt.

perfect description.

• Awful.  Just awful.

I gained 68 pounds during pregnancy.  I was super swollen due to pre-e and got a ton of stretch marks.  Now my tummy has a flappy bunch of skin over it.  The skin is thin (think bingo arms on an old granny) and my stretch marks have faded but are still there.  It hangs over my jeans.  Yuck. 

• Mine looks like a butt and I need to tuck it into my pants. 'nuff said.

Momma to three boys: Henry - 4yo Alex - 18mo Jack - born 2/23/12 at 20w due to ruptured uterus (previa and accreta resulting in hysterectomy) He only lived here on Earth for an hour, but he will live in our hearts forever. m/c #1: sept '09, m/c #2: july '10
  • i gained 27 and have lost 20.  i have a pooch over my scar and can still only see the scar in the mirror.  i also still have my linea nigra although it's fading, and my belly button ring scar (which i took out 2 yrs ago) is freaky stretched.
  • It looks terrible. Dark stretch marks from my back all the way around both sides of my hips to my belly button and loose skin. It looks a lot like my mother's. I hate it with everything that is within me, but again, my mother's still looks horrible and she hasn't had a baby in 23 years so I'm pretty sure mine is going to stay this atrocious. If I dwelt on it, I would be depressed.
  • Wrinkly, flabby, and covered in stretch marks that still have not faded like everyone told me they would!
  • I look like a deflated balloon! I've lost all my baby weight, plus a little more, but I feel gross because I'm still saggy!

• imageRECBride:
    I gained 56 pounds while pregnant....lovely....and have lost 63 pounds. Which I am really excited about.

HOW DID YOU DO THIS!??!?!

• This is probably one of the only areas in my life I can be proud of...believe it or not, except for the linea negra, my stomach is flat and looks like it did pre-pregnancy.  I have no loose skin or stretch marks, but my  tummy was always my best asset.  I think it is genetics...
  • I had GD and only gained about 12lbs.  So far I have lost 30, but I still have plenty of extra flab to get rid of and I still want to lose more weight.  My baby is still young though (3 weeks tomorrow) so I think I am doing pretty good.
  • pretty much like this:?

imagehttps://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/Jenna_495/GutFlopping.jpg" border="0" />

?

edit: GOD DAMN nest ruining my joke. grrrrrrrrrrr?

i'll spend all day trying to get this pic to post

• Better than I feared, not as good as I had hoped.
  • I call that part my "Mom Pouch" and my BFF calls it her "Empty Baby Bag". I hate it!
  • Ick!
    imageMommaBrown:

pretty much like this: 

imagehttps://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/Jenna_495/GutFlopping.jpg" border="0" />

edit: GOD DAMN nest ruining my joke. grrrrrrrrrrr 

i'll spend all day trying to get this pic to post

Ick!

When I look at this picture I imagine a loud booming sound as she walks.

To answer the question. My belly looks, not so hot. I NEED to hit the gym. I was thinking about hit up curves with the old ladies, just to jumpstart getting back in shape. Then join a gym. I NEED to stop thinking about it and do it.

• I had an emergency c-sec with DD #1, and so it was vertical. They also used the same scar during my scheduled c-sec with DD #2. But I still have 20 lbs to go before I am what I was before I got pg with DD #1, and plus my weight has redistributed a lot. What I am left with is a stretch marky, wrinkly on the bottom, BUTT on my stomach. Seriously, that's what it looks like. I don't know if it will ever actually tighten up enough to look simply like a scar against a flat stomach. My MIL had a vertical c-sec back in the day, and she still has her "stomach butt" to this day - and she is not overweight at all. She warned me it may happen. Bah.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelizzyjames:

Mine is tight but the muscles are still about 21/2 inches separated so I still look pregnant.  :(  I don't want to look pregnant anymore. 

How do you know how much your muscles are separated?  When do they usually go back?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I guess I am lucky - my stomach is flat, not quite as tight as before, but good enough. ? I still have the linea negra though.
  • so is there hope it will tighten if I continue to exercise...or is my extra skinn my souvenier?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"