June 2012 Moms

Are you still working? When do you plan to stop?

I am still working (part time). I still have 2 more weeks of teaching ballet, plus I am teaching a college course until my due date.

The dance classes are getting me very tired, so I am thinking about cutting back on 3 classes (1 this week, 2 next week) for the groups that are not performing.

I am SOOOOOOO tired right now and crabby. I want to stay at home and not do anything, but we could use the extra money, so I am trying to hang in there...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Are you still working? When do you plan to stop?

• My last day is May 28th, but I don't officially start Mat Leave until June 15th (due June 16th). Originally I had planned to work later but given how I have been feeling lately - am kinda loving the fact that I only have 2.5weeks of work left.
    pregnancy pregnancy
  • I am planning on working right up until I go into labor. We get 6 weeks of paid time from work and then I am taking another 6 weeks of personal time, I don't want to have to use less after the time they give me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a guidance counselor at a school that is closing, so I don't have too much longer. June 4th is my last day and I am so  happy b/c I don't think I could go much beyond that.

I, too, am SOOOOO tired and crank at work.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • My last day at work is May 25th and I go in for my repeat c-section on May 30th.
  • we had planned for me to leave all along and be a stay-at-home mom. My last day this past Friday. At first I thought it might be too early since I'm due not until June 6, but the last 2 weeks the fatigue has been brutal, and I was so cranky.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • kdjuddkdjudd member
    Yup, I'm still working. It's a joy... I'm in the worst mood today. I just want to break down and cry. I'm trying to work as long as possible so we have the extra money, but it's killing me. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm working up until 38 weeks on June 1.  I am a nature interpreter and the constant hiking and biking is really starting to exhaust me!!
  • Im working up until 37 weeks.  The past few weeks have been brutal though.  Lately I can barely make it through the day.  I feel like im going to face plant on my desk........so tired.........Sleep
    BabyFetus Ticker image image image image
  • I am on day two of maternity leave, friday was my last day.

It feels so weird to know that I don't have to go back to work until next June. I don't think it's fully hit me yet.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am still working. I will be coming into the office until May 25th and then working from home up until I deliver (my due date is June 7th).

My commute is pretty intense for a pregnant lady and each morning it becomes more of a struggle. I'm really not sure if I will stick to my plan.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • BRBR member
    I had planned on working up until I delivered.  However, I've been in the hospital for the past three weeks and obviously forced to stop working.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I worked with DD until the day of my C-section, and plan to do the same this time. I work a desk job primarily- I am in property management, so it's not been too bad. However, I am the room mom for my DD's class, so these end of the school year activities are killing me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh, still working full time, my last day is June 8 (2 days before my edd) unless LO comes early.  it is getting so hard to motivate myself & have enough energy t be at work all day even though I have a desk job that is not physically demanding. i so wish I could have a week or two off before birth, but just have to tough it out :(
  • I am an event planner and own my business. I gave up my May and June weddings this year, because if LO came early, it could have been devastating for some of my brides.  So I stopped working last week. I have 3 appts this month that I will attend with brides, but that's the only work that I am doing.

I'm lucky I planned ahead since now I'm on bed rest. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Working up until Delivery, I'm a consultant so I don't get any paid leave. So I'm not voluntarily leaving early....We'll see what happens!

DD - Lucia Alessandra 6/18/12  ~~~  Welcoming Baby Boy!! - 3/26/14

• I work for my parents out of their home and we are just getting into our busy season. I'm the only one who is in the office all day every day and basically run it myself so I will work up until I have the baby. Even if it means going into labor at work. I did it that way with my son and it was just fine.

Unfortunately, being as it is busy season they are only giving me 2 weeks off versus 7 weeks I had with DS. So I'm bitter about that. 

• I am working up until I go into labor. I only get 6 weeks unpaid (I am  using whatever time off I have on leave, but it won't cover the 6 weeks). To me, I would much rather have that time off then just at home waiting for DD2 to come.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It depends on what my OB says at my 36 week appt.

If we decise to induce it will be 2 days befor emy EED, so my last day will be June 8th the Friday before I would be induced. If we don't induce then I will work up until I deliver as I want my time off to be with LO and not just at home resting (although I have to say that sounds really nice and I would really like to have that extra time if we could afford it.)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Yes, I am still working through the rest of this month.  I am only stopping because I am a teacher and school is out.  When I had DS (February) I worked until the day I went into labor. 
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My plan is to work up until the end.  My DD is 6/11 and my c-section is scheduled for 6/18.   I am thinking about taking a few vacation days in the next few weeks.  I'd like some time off, while I can still get around a bit and do some projects at the house.
  • Oem617Oem617 member
    I am working until May30. I was going to work until delivery, but then realized I could use some STD before maternity leave actually starts. I am so thankful, because last week I was in constant pain with my back. This week, I still have the back pain and my carpal tunnel is getting really bad. I might even see if I can leave one week earlier, but not sure yet.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I really want to stop now! I'm going to talk to my doctor to see if I can get a note to stop at 38 weeks. My back has been killing lately, and I sit for 8 hours, not moving literally at all. I have never met my doctor, who I recently changed over to, so I'm not sure what to expect. 

• My last day is May 24th as of right now, but my official leave starts the 29th.  Thanks to my one day off a week (I work an 80% schedule or 4-day work week) and a company holiday for Memorial Day, I'll still get pay as usual for that pay period, though.  I did just find out that I can actually start leave 2 weeks prior to my induction date and we'll be setting that in the next couple of days, so there's a chance I can go out a week earlier as I'm being induced at 29 weeks.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • I am on a 6 week maternity leave since the birth of my daughter on 4/30. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • my scheduled last day of work is may 30th.  I chose a day between my edd first one was may 29th and then he switched to 06/02. he still goes back and forth. we shall see. its just so hard I work in physical therapy in the hospital and am exhausted by the time I get home.
  • Yep, I'm still working and plan on working until delivery.  The only change I'm making is starting May 18th, I'll be working from home since we live 10 mins from the hospital vs the 35 mins on a good day with no traffic. 

I'm with you on being tired, crabby and just want to stay home.  Hang in there.  

• I'm hanging on until the bitter end.  I joke with my co-workers that my water will break at my desk, and one of them will have to drive me to the hospital, like in a movie. ;)

I just got an official promotion I've been working on for a while back in February, which has me creating the training and development department here.  It's been brutal trying to find the energy to do this, but I'm also terrified to leave it for 3 months-I'm afraid it will either fall apart (it's still in the beginning stages) or someone will one up me and I don't want anyone hedging in on my job.  I'm working my butt off to make sure I have all the classes planned and staffed while I'm gone, all the onboading materials pre-created and ready to pass out, etc.  I get 12 weeks paid leave, but I'm tempted to stop in once a week, stick the little one under my desk while he naps and show my face around here, just so they remember this is MY department. ;)  The energy thing has been the worse, because I really do have a passion for teaching and going above and beyond for our clients, etc, but as you guys know-the fatigue clouds everything.  Your brain is telling you 'work on that great project!' and your body is telling you to go take a nap in a conference room.

My boss was pressuring me to take a few weeks off before the birth because she thinks I'll never have the chance to go to the movies by myself again (like I do that now?), but I really wanted to use all the time AFTER baby gets here.  Also, if he comes on time, it will be exactly at the end of 2nd Quarter and I'll be coming back exactly at the beginning of 4th Quarter.  That seems like a good break to me. 

• I am due on a Tuesday and am working up until the Friday before out of financial necessity (I work a M-F job). I'm only getting 6 weeks of leave, and it will be unpaid. I have no idea how I'll make it though and I cried like a biitch today on my lunch break.

I'm secretly wishing that I'll go into labor a little early just so that I don't have to work.

• Still working full time. Planning on working up until I go into labor because of finances.
  • Yep, still working. I will be 36 weeks with twins on Friday.  I plan on working through the end of next week and have a c-section scheduled for the 29th.  Other than a ton of discomfort and extreme moodiness, I'm good!  :)
  • I'm due June 13th, and school lets out for teachers on June 6th.  I'm planning to go all the way through.  If not, my students' last day is May 31st, so I have about two weeks leeway.
  • I am working full time m-f.  I planned to work till I deliver.  However, it looks like a week and a half.  They plan to take her at 38 weeks if she doesn't come on her own.
  • Working 'til the bitter end!  I'm a nurse so if I go into labor at work, it's really no big deal :P
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My last day is the 18th of this month, and my c-section is scheduled for the 25th.  Only 8 more work days to go!  Every day is getting harder and harder.  My problem isn't being too tired, it's that I sit all day long, and my butt just hurts!  It makes no sense because I have more than enough padding to go around, but it feels like I have none.  And sitting there all day is not helping my edema at all.
    Me: 37 Dx: PCOS 10/09, started Clomid 8/10
    DH: 40 Dx: MFI 6/11
    IVF #1: Lupron
  • I'm in the same boat as you are; consultant, no paid leave, but slowing down a little bit, which I can't really help.
  • I am still working and plan on working till the end. I am a teacher and our last day with students is the 29th.  Then we have three days of teacher workshops. My due date is June 8 so it gives me a week.
  • No, I'm done.  My OB took me out at 32 weeks due to complications.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"