Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Phase out white noise?

DD has had rain white noise since birth.  I keep it on the lowest setting, which I can hear from down the hallway about 10 ft away, but I'm wondering if I should start phasing it out or not?  She hasn't had a problem napping the few times we've forgotten to turn it on.

Is there a time to phase it out or not?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Phase out white noise?

• Options

I don't see it as something you necessarily need to phase out if you don't want. I sleep with a fan on in my room, always have. I don't feel any worse for the wear because of it. Big Smile

But we did take it out of Simon's room when Ruby was born, and now neither kid sleeps with it.

• Options
    I still like my fan on at night, I do like it for us mainly because our bathroom is right next to her room so I don't have to tiptoe around when she is sleeping.

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see no reason why you have to phase it out.  It's not going to harm your child development.
  • Options

imagekimberleigh30:
    I see no reason why you have to phase it out.  It's not going to harm your child development.

This.

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    We have a small house, the living room shares a wall with dd1s bedroom. We turn her noise machine on when she goes to bed so we can have conversations or watch tv without disturbing her. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We switched from a rain noise machine to a fan in both our kids rooms.  Our house is small and DD is a light sleeper.  We still wanted something in their rooms, we didn't see a need to phase it out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When I went to college and lived in the dorm I started using a fan and have been die hard about having one to sleep since then!  I love mine and the white noise helps me sleep so much better by drowning out the mundane noises.  I've got noisemakers in both my girls rooms and don't plan to phase them out unless they ask me to.

• DD1: August 2009
    • DD2: December 2010
    • DS: August 2012
    • M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
    • DD3: October 2014 - April 2015 Miss you baby girl.
    • Current Due date:  April 14, 2016
    Musings of a Farmer's Wife
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"