May 2012 Moms

Sterilizing bottles?

I just wanted to know how far in advance you would do this?  What do you store them in after it has been done?i know it only takes 5 minutes, but I just don't know when I should do it.  I also want to sterilize the pacifiers so I can pack a few in the hospital bag, I'd like to do it all at oncebut am thinking that this isn't practical.

Re: Sterilizing bottles?

• I think because my sister is 13yrs younger than me and I'm a STM, I'm a little laid back. I might sterilize them when I get home, I'm aiming to BF, so Injust have a few for Day Care. I might do it in 20 minutes. But, I just stuck them in the cabinet once they were dry. I also won't do anything fancy. I'll just boil them in water the old school way.

If you want to take pacifiers to the hospital, I'd do it now. And, yeah, all at once. The main reason for sterilizing them is to get the manufacturing and packing funk off them. 

• I did the few I had already (a couple of weeks ago) and then just put them in the cabinet. And I did it in the dishwasher, not boiling water....
  • Loading the player...
  • I sterilized mine yesterday. I put them on this fake "drying grass" thing we bought at Target in the cabinet.
  • imageKnockedUp38:
    I did the few I had already (a couple of weeks ago) and then just put them in the cabinet. And I did it in the dishwasher, not boiling water....

Theres an idea I didn't think of.  

• papeetepapeete member

imageajs327:
    I just wanted to know how far in advance you would do this?  What do you store them in after it has been done?i know it only takes 5 minutes, but I just don't know when I should do it.  I also want to sterilize the pacifiers so I can pack a few in the hospital bag, I'd like to do it all at oncebut am thinking that this isn't practical.

Ack.  Didn't even think of doing this.  One more thing to add to my to-do list.  Thanks for the reminder! :-) 

• imagemichyme123:
    I did mine a month ago haha. I just boiled in water. Sitting in the cupboard waiting to be used! I'll likely give them a quick wash just before I use em though but at least the sterilizing is done!

this exactly only I havent sterilized the nipples or pacifiers yet waiing to seewhat doc says at the next two appts

• I washed all of our stuff on soapy hot water...then steamed them in the Medela steam bags- love those things.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My EDD is Friday, my mom was over yesterday and asked what she can do to help so I had her boil the bottles/pacifiers. Once dry, we just put them in one of the cabinets on top of a paper towel. We didn't bother with the larger bottles that won't be used for a while. I just left those in their boxes and stored them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"