3rd Trimester

2nd time moms..

What were the changes you noticed  on the days leading up to when you went into Labor the first time? Any symptoms/ feelings that you will now look for the second time a round?

Re: 2nd time moms..

• I started having a really hard time sleeping.  I'd fall asleep and then wake up in the middle of the night wide awake.  Random, I know.

Then 2 days before I went into labour, I felt like I was coming down with something.  I actually made a dr. app because I thought I was coming down with strep throat.  My SIL had the same thing.  She thought she was getting the flu.  That night, my water broke and after the baby came, all my symptoms dissapeared. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageStefaniepr:

I started having a really hard time sleeping.  I'd fall asleep and then wake up in the middle of the night wide awake.  Random, I know.

Then 2 days before I went into labour, I felt like I was coming down with something.  I actually made a dr. app because I thought I was coming down with strep throat.  My SIL had the same thing.  She thought she was getting the flu.  That night, my water broke and after the baby came, all my symptoms dissapeared. 

Interesting. I've had this exact same thing this time, wonder if baby is going to make an appearance soon.

OP - I had no symptoms, I had PPROM with not warning at 35 weeks, but this time, so far so good.

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't have any signs or symptoms leading up to my water breaking. I even had an appt that morning with my OB who said I wasn't thinned or dilated, so I was shocked when my water broke in the bathroom at work.  I did have constipation and a small bought of diarrhea (TMI- but can be a symptom of labor) immediately before my water broke.  I never asked my doc, but I think the straining probably contributed or caused my water to break.
  • OP- Good question.  I had this frantic feeling that I had to get some meals in the freezer and clean my house about 2 days before (but that is also because I had just been pulled off of bed rest).  I had a tiny amount of show roughly 24 hours before my water broke.  Ditto to the not sleeping bit too.  I will definately be loooking for these things this time!
  • I never went imto labor was induced at almost 41 weeks!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• cramping big time, loose bowels, exhaustion, no sleep at all. 

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • sam19sam19 member
    I woke up around 3 am with mild cramping and general uncomfortableness. This continued on throughout the day but was nothing really serious or painful. I also had bloody show that day. Then around 11 pm at night my water broke.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • I had no symptoms until after dinner one night I felt sick to my stomach, wondered if what I ate didn't agree with me. Then I had several loose stools over the course of an hour. Then had bright red blood. Called doc who said to go to L&D. Started having contractions in the car on the way (around midnight).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Absolutely nothing.  Saw my dr on Tues, was not even a cm & 50% effaced.  Thurs was thanksgiving & people even commented that I didn't drop (but I was carrying low anyway) then Fri morning my water broke/tore.  I think I had a few more BH the day before but assumed it was all the excitement.

image   image

• The only thing I noticed was a TON of BH contractions the night before. I figured it was b/c I needed to drink more water (I was only 36 weeks) so I drank water and they stopped. Then around 3am I woke up to go to the bathroom and discovered my water broke. Other then that, I had no other symptoms that labor was on the way.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • lily225lily225 member

I didn't have any. Weeks before labor I would have loose bowel movements and started losing my MP around 34w, no false-labor contractions and even my BH's weren't bad. So it was nothing that said labor is coming soon. Nothing different at all. I just woke up one morning in labor.

Even my second and third labors there was no immediate sign that labor was coming. I'd been having contractions for weeks beforehand that always led to nothing. And it seemed I was having loose bowel movements for a couple weeks beforehand as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I don't really remember having noticeable changes before labor with either #1 or #2. I had my membranes stripped at 40w 6d with DS which caused bloody show and cramping and was in labor the next morning. But before that there was nothing. And with DD I just started contracting the evening before her EDD and was in labor.

I'm sure I had the usual signs like increased discharge, nesting instincts, etc but nothing different right before labor. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had no issues or changes last time around.  The only thing I noticed, which is probably normal is increase in discharge/moisture (gross and TMI I know) so I was always paranoid that I was leaking amniotic fluid.

My water ended up breaking in the car after being discharged from the hospital once the OB concluded that I was not leaking fluid....go figure!  I was induced later that day and DS was born early the next morning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"