2nd Trimester

Gender Reveal on Facebook - ideas?

We find out if I am carrying a batman or a catwoman in 2 weeks. Our family and friends are literally all over the world, and I don't want to wait too long before sharing the good news! We'll announce it to the majority of our loved ones on our Facebook/blog accounts, though, I am still uncertain about our game plan. I was thinking some sort of photo or video -- any ideas? :) 

(Note: To reveal the pregnancy I posted a photo of our own and a pair of baby shoes under the title: Our family is growing by 2 feet. We plan to tell our parents and grandparents the gender through fortune cookies with "It's A ____!" on the inside message. One cookie will be drizzled in white, the other in dark, chocolate. When we find out what we are having, we'll let them know which kind of chocolate fortune cookie to open!).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gender Reveal on Facebook - ideas?

• "Our baby is a ____"
    imageLilypie - (d9io)
    imageLilypie - (3w4O)
  • Super cute, C-Mo! Thanks for sharing!

Now I am starting to toy with a "princess or pirate?" theme... hmm...!

• Loading the player...
  • What about a photo of you and your H opening a box and letting out either pink or blue balloons?
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My gender reveal was kind of typical "Snips and snails, and puppy dog tails. It's a boy!" but a lot of people enjoyed it with the U/S pics.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage image
  • hmp1hmp1 member

Post a pic of the opened fortune cookie.

If we have a boy, I think we will take a picture of a piece of blue paper that says It's A Boy and the O will be our wedding rings stacked. For a girl, we will use pink paper and the G will be from our rings.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I actually put a picture of Princess Peach and said "it's a girl!" in the caption.

The father of my child and I are complete nerds, as are our friends. If it was a boy, I would've put Mario or Luigi and said "It's-a boy!" or something like that. ^^ 

Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I think posting a picture of the fortune cookie reveal is a cute idea since that is how you are going to tell your family! For our gender reveal we had a cake made and the cake itself was dyed pink on the inside so everyone would be able to tell when we cut it and I took a picture of that and posted it on facebook. Everyone thought it was such a cute idea!
  • Wait, you guys all did a gender reveal just for FB?
  • Hmp&Mrj - LOVE the wedding ring incorporation! 
  • By "Gender Reveal on Facebook" I mean telling our out of town friends through a facebook/blog post. We are of course going to call or give fortune cookies to our immediate family and special friends.  

This weekend we found a Batman onesie at a garage sale, and today at Old Navy I found a Wonder Woman onesie. I think we will take a photo of my hubs and me in Batman shirts, then another in a Wonderwoman headband and arm cuffs, then reveal the gender by putting the onesie of the baby's gender up on my belly as we wear matching costumes. Random sounding, but actually quite fitting to our personalities. :)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"