May 2012 Moms

Overdue...and beyond Well-Done! (Vent)

I'm 40 + 4 today and this baby is BEYOND well-done, he's starting to get crispy!  I'm ready to drink castor oil, go for a walk, have sex (making sure DH stimulates my nipples), come home & down a gallon of raspberry leaf tea, clean the house, then eat spicy food all night long while gazing up at the Super Moon!

Ok so I'm kidding, well mostly.  But honestly I have to kid at this point since I just broke down in a hormonal cry fest feeling like a failure because I'm only 1 centimeter dilated, 50% effaced, and baby is at -3 station!  And if one more friend/family member calls or texts me asking "baby yet?" I'm gonna freaking lose it!

If I'm still around & make it to my 41 week appointment Tuesday somebody stick a fork in me, cus I'm done!

Thanks for listening ladies :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Overdue...and beyond Well-Done! (Vent)

• lar1203lar1203 member
    imagePregoPuma:

I'm 40 + 4 today and this baby is BEYOND well-done, he's starting to get crispy!  I'm ready to drink castor oil, go for a walk, have sex (making sure DH stimulates my nipples), come home & down a gallon of raspberry leaf tea, clean the house, then eat spicy food all night long while gazing up at the Super Moon!

Ok so I'm kidding, well mostly.  But honestly I have to kid at this point since I just broke down in a hormonal cry fest feeling like a failure because I'm only 1 centimeter dilated, 50% effaced, and baby is at -3 station!  And if one more friend/family member calls or texts me asking "baby yet?" I'm gonna freaking lose it!

If I'm still around & make it to my 41 week appointment Tuesday somebody stick a fork in me, cus I'm done!

hugs! i'm sure it must be difficult going over your EDD. i'm freaked out it will happen to me. come on out, babies!!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I really hope baby comes soon! I never understand family members who text or call asking if baby has come. Do they honestly think that they wouldnt in some way be informed if the baby had come? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck! I have a feeling I will be overdue, too, but I'm not there yet!! How long will your doctor let you go beyond 41 weeks? I am a little nervous that my doctor will make me wait until 42 because I asked her what their policy was and she was pretty vague about it (mentioned something about, "We will go past 41 weeks," but didn't say how long past?)... she also kept saying, "But you have time yet!" I was like I KNOW I HAVE TIME lol... I was trying to figure out scheduling at work (to see if I should just take the week off starting when I am due... lol I hope you give birth soon!!
    --Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageblueshamrock7:
    Good luck! I have a feeling I will be overdue, too, but I'm not there yet!! How long will your doctor let you go beyond 41 weeks? I am a little nervous that my doctor will make me wait until 42 because I asked her what their policy was and she was pretty vague about it (mentioned something about, "We will go past 41 weeks," but didn't say how long past?)... she also kept saying, "But you have time yet!" I was like I KNOW I HAVE TIME lol... I was trying to figure out scheduling at work (to see if I should just take the week off starting when I am due... lol I hope you give birth soon!!

My Dr. will let me go 10 days PDD which means she'll wanna start the induction process by the 10th.  Honestly praying it doesn't come to that & my little monkey makes an appearance on his own!  Thanks for the positive thoughts :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagewinter-shock:
    I really hope baby comes soon! I never understand family members who text or call asking if baby has come. Do they honestly think that they wouldnt in some way be informed if the baby had come? 

39 w 2d - I know this feeling all to well. Yesterday I had an influx of texts and phone calls from just about everyone wanting to know if I was in labor yet. I know everyone is just as excited as I am to meet my new little man. BUT it is getting to be emotionally draining saying nope nothing yet, just hanging out waiting. And yes I will call as soon as he's here..ugh let's hope these babies come out soon!!!

• imagesummerchick128@aol.com:

imagewinter-shock:
    I really hope baby comes soon! I never understand family members who text or call asking if baby has come. Do they honestly think that they wouldnt in some way be informed if the baby had come? 

39 w 2d - I know this feeling all to well. Yesterday I had an influx of texts and phone calls from just about everyone wanting to know if I was in labor yet. I know everyone is just as excited as I am to meet my new little man. BUT it is getting to be emotionally draining saying nope nothing yet, just hanging out waiting. And yes I will call as soon as he's here..ugh let's hope these babies come out soon!!!

My MIL texts and/or calls me at least twice a day, asking if "anything is happening?"  Since DH was out of town this week, now that he's back she's gone back to texting/calling him and not me... I finally told him to "remind" her that she'll be the FIRST to know (just to placate her, my mom will be the FIRST first to know - ha) if something happens.  It's so irritating, and then you feel horrible that you're irritated because you know they're all just excited.  It's lose-lose. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePregoPuma:

This was the exact way I felt with DS the day I went into labor with him.   I went to yoga class and said I'm just done.   I don't want to be pregnant anymore, I'm done.   Then I went to lunch and was walking to my car to see my Doctor when my water broke.  I think I just subconsciously new something was was getting ready to happen.  

Also when my water broke I was closed up tight and not effaced at all.   DS was born 21 hours later after an hour and half of pitocin.  Here's hoping this feeling means you'll be in labor soon.

• We will see if this post works!  My computer is beyond old and my Bump posts never worked so I gave up for a while...I am 40 weeks today:)  I was hoping not to have to go to my appt Monday...but who knows!  You are no failure.  Your baby will come when good and ready..you cannot be pregnant forever...and I completely understand about all the calls and texts.  I have been dealing with them for a while now too!  GL for a safe and speedy delivery when the time comes!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • :(

Ive gotten at least 6 texts today that say "baby?????". ugh. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • aw hang in there...I had my first at 40 weeks 5 days...maybe you will go tomorrow!  GL!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• (((hugs))))

Thats all I got sweetie. 40 + 1 today and ugly crying.

I want this child out sooo bad. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"