May 2012 Moms

induction at 9 am tomorrow am. Freaking out!

Due to high bp and my 24 hour urine test coming back elevated I am being induced.. TOMORROW! I am so panicy! I thought I would be okay with anything after 37 weeks but I am only 37 weeks today and I am now freaking out thinking it to early!

Can you girls calm me down. PLEASE!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: induction at 9 am tomorrow am. Freaking out!

• Deep breaths...you can do it! And baby will be just fine. DD1 was induced at. 34w2d for pre-e and after a bit of NICU time she has been great. 

Just think - tomorrow you get to meet your sweet little baby! What a special day!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You will do great and are being brave to do what is best for you and baby.  I was induced at 37.5 weeks for pre-e and it turned out great! I had a vaginal delivery and have a precious baby boy :) 

PS- Take a note pad with you and tomorrow have DH (or you labor partner) make a list of everything that was left on your to-do list... I gave my to do list to my Mom and she sorted through things that needed to be done (ie I needed nursing bras/camis) and things that could wait (ie Returning some items to Target).  It helped me relax and gave me something to focus on during labor.

PSS - Annoying advice, relax and get some good sleep... it will be a while before you get a full night's sleep again. 

• Loading the player...
  • JulesFoJulesFo member
    Trust they are doing what is best for both you and your little baby. Congratulations on making it to full term -- you may have wanted her to cook a bit longer, but looks like it is the right time. Best to you tomorrow!! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• thanks ladies! How long was your labor with induction?
  • imagekkchisholm:
    thanks ladies! How long was your labor with induction?

Labor was just under 12 hours.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • blw1003blw1003 member
    You and baby will do great!  Just think...you will be holding LO in your arms tomorrow!!!!!!  Thoughts and prayers heading your way!
  • Good luck! I was induced with my first for pre-e - it took 28 hours total but I had to do 12 hours overnight with the cervadil for a very tight & closed cervix, then there was a little wait time in the morning before they started pitocin so I only had about 12 hours of actual labor with contractions and such - but I delivered vaginally despite having NO progress before!

p.s. making it over 37 weeks is awesome too! I'm very glad to almost be that point, I'm being watched very closely with pre-e symptoms again and BP and proteins that are rising and just hovering under those diagnostic levels now. Once they go over, I'll be induced as well so I'm so excited I've made it this close because at one point they thought I might be delivering a 31 weeker. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • JulesFoJulesFo member

imagekkchisholm:
    thanks ladies! How long was your labor with induction?

12 hours! Hopefully you are under way by now and feeling good!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"