May 2012 Moms

Foodie... Weight gain

So I have made it almost 38 weeks and have only gained 27 lbs which I am very happy with!!! I wanted to keep it below 30. I haven't given into eating ice cream every night and stay away from chocolate. I also have worked out 3-4 times a week which I think has helped a ton.

Well, regardless... I am sort of tired of being good. I want to be bad and say the heck with it! Perhaps just be bad this weekend??? Ice cream, a hamburger, and Nutella (not together)... Anything sweet and greasy sounds divine right now. So much better than the grilled chicken over baby greens (planned dinner). Sigh...

Devil 

What to do? What would you do?

Re: Foodie... Weight gain

• I basically decided the same when I made it to 39 weeks with only 26lbs gained. This week I've just been enjoying whatever I want to eat. It's been nice! Wednesday I had a chili cheeseburger and molten lava cake for dessert!
  • I'm probably not the right person to talk to. I've been giving in for the last 3 1/2 weeks. I'm starving all the time and only junk food sounds good to me. With the exception of strawberries. My theory is that the diet starts (within reason because of BFing) when the baby comes out, so I'm going to take advantage now :)

I actually sent my husband out for a DQ blizzard at 9:30 the other night! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a huge foodie and I too have been trying to be fairly well behaved during this pregnancy. My weight gain has been similar to yours and I am feeling the same way. If you don't have GD, I say go for it! Especially when we are so close to the end and everythign can feel kind of icky. We deserve to spoil ourselves! I'm thinking of taking DH to our favorite Italian place and hulking out on some delicious pasta and cannoli for dessert!
    BabyFruit Ticker 
      imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• noycelanoycela member
    I've had a few unhealthy moments, but honestly I feel guilty anytime I eat something I know I shouldn't.  Like "You know that's not good for you or the baby, so why would you feed that to your baby?"  That being said, I definitely have not been perfect and do have a "cheat" meal or snack every once in awhile.     
  • ElinJElinJ member

I'm a big foodie too.  I have to say, as odd as this sounds, I have been both indulging, and eating healthy.  If that makes sense... Luckily for me, my love of freshly prepared veggies has remained.  Greasy food doesn't really interest me that much, so the idea of a cheeseburger, pepperoni pizza, potato chips isn't really on my radar.

However, the areas I have allowed myself to indulge have been carbs & sweets.  I eat bagels at least every other week, sometimes 1x a week.  There was a month straight where I bought a french baguette every week and had bread & butter (Kerrygold!) as a snack every day.  I eat ice cream (full fat) 3-4 nights a week.  (Hey, it replaced wine in my diet!)

At the end, I'll likely end up under 25 or so pounds gained.  I've remained active, and not overdone it on portions.  I think that helped.  And... I think I also just got lucky!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• imageElinJ:

I'm a big foodie too.  I have to say, as odd as this sounds, I have been both indulging, and eating healthy.  If that makes sense... Luckily for me, my love of freshly prepared veggies has remained.  Greasy food doesn't really interest me that much, so the idea of a cheeseburger, pepperoni pizza, potato chips isn't really on my radar.

However, the areas I have allowed myself to indulge have been carbs & sweets.  I eat bagels at least every other week, sometimes 1x a week.  There was a month straight where I bought a french baguette every week and had bread & butter (Kerrygold!) as a snack every day.  I eat ice cream (full fat) 3-4 nights a week.  (Hey, it replaced wine in my diet!)

At the end, I'll likely end up under 25 or so pounds gained.  I've remained active, and not overdone it on portions.  I think that helped.  And... I think I also just got lucky!

I miss wine! That is what i do for  a living (wine broker) and it has been miserable selling wine to my clients after only swishing it in my mouth. AND Kerrygold butter rules.

BabyFruit Ticker 
      imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Omg! Everyone is making me feel like the worst mom ever!  I have gained 25 lbs so far and I eat whatever I want! I don't think about it!  Granted I am naturally a healthy-ish eater.  But if I want a double fudge brownie with ice cream whipped cream chocolate sauce and a fake cherry on top I'll be damned if I'm not going to have one!  Damn now I really want a brownie sundae!
  • imagestacykrager:

I'm probably not the right person to talk to. I've been giving in for the last 3 1/2 weeks. I'm starving all the time and only junk food sounds good to me. With the exception of strawberries. My theory is that the diet starts (within reason because of BFing) when the baby comes out, so I'm going to take advantage now :)

I actually sent my husband out for a DQ blizzard at 9:30 the other night! 

This. And I've definitely gained extra weight these past few weeks and I SO don't care - anything to feel better at this point...

• I love food lol... I have gained too much (37 lbs) and both eat crap and healthy food. I make sure I get all my healthy food in during the day and also have been eating whatever I want on top of that. I did not have an ounce of morning sickness (quite the opposite in the beginning, I was STARVING all the time)... not that I wish morning sickness on myself, but for someone who already can shovel the food down to begin with (lol), it was not helpful. My baby has gotten all she needs, I eat plenty of fruit & veggies, whole grains & take my vitamins daily, so... I don't feel bad! I say... if you feel like having a burger or some Nutella, go for it. It's not realistic to not ever indulge (in life! Not just in pregnancy). Enjoy :-)
    --Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"