May 2012 Moms

Anyone feel like they're disappointing people by not having the baby yet?

This is insane. I've mentioned a few times in other posts since last night, so I hate to be a broken record...but the last two days I've had a huge increase in BH contractions (they've been 5 minutes apart for a few hours and everything) and I lost my MP last night. Well...my sweet husband is convinced I'm going to have the baby any second and is ready and willing to leave work any time I call. He also called his mom last night to warn her I was probably going into labor (without me knowing about it). She'll be watching our little girl while we're in the hospital, so she does need to stay in the loop, but I hardly think BH contractions + loss of MP warrants putting her on high alert. 

To make it worse, she just called me and said she wants to pick our daughter up on her way home from work tonight to spend the night incase I do go into labor. I mean, that's completely fine. Our daughter loves sleepovers at grandma and grandpa's. But I feel like everyone is expecting me to go into labor tonight or tomorrow...especially with this full moon business and my due date being Tuesday. And I really feel like I'm disappointing them by not going into labor! :( I'm trying to chill out myself and just relax and not stress out about it, but when everyone around me is so sure it makes me feel bad. Anyone else?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone feel like they're disappointing people by not having the baby yet?

• I wouldn't worry about it...

I get DH calling his mom becasue she is going to be watching your daughter... It only makes sense that she knows. She is probably trying to make things easier on you. I personally would take advantage of the free babysitting and go out to dinner tonight :)

GOOD LUCK!

• Yes. I feel like a huge disappointment every day when my mother calls and I'm not in labor.

Because of my well-intentioned but clueless husband telling his family I'm dilated and effaced (for 3+ weeks now), my father-in-law actually took this entire week off work because they were so sure I was going to have the baby this week. Guess what, it's Friday and I'm still at work, and he's wasted a week of vacation. My husband's family did a 'baby pool' guessing when I would deliver, and not a single one of them chose my due date or later. They all assumed she would be early.

It sucks. I don't know whether to be angry at them or feel bad for them, although at this point I am mostly just so frustrated that I can't even care about anyone else.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePotomacSt:

Yes. I feel like a huge disappointment every day when my mother calls and I'm not in labor.

Because of my well-intentioned but clueless husband telling his family I'm dilated and effaced (for 3+ weeks now), my father-in-law actually took this entire week off work because they were so sure I was going to have the baby this week. Guess what, it's Friday and I'm still at work, and he's wasted a week of vacation. My husband's family did a 'baby pool' guessing when I would deliver, and not a single one of them chose my due date or later. They all assumed she would be early.

It sucks. I don't know whether to be angry at them or feel bad for them, although at this point I am mostly just so frustrated that I can't even care about anyone else.

That is terrible!! I'm not frustrated at all, I just feel like I'm not doing something I should be. And I want to feel like little guy can take his sweet time and come when he's ready.

And we're definitely planning on letting her go stay with grandma tonight, it'll be nice for us to get a break for the last time for a while. I just think she'll be disappointed if I don't have the baby tonight.

Oh well...not really much I can do about it but sit on my yoga ball bouncing like a fool under the full moon :) lol. 

• I've totally felt like this the past week--Especially when EVERYONE that I talk to no longer wants to talk about anything but the baby, or my last dr.'s appt (FIL even asked me how dilated I am after yesterday--as IF that's something I'm sharing with anyone but DH!).  

Every text I get and phone call I get normally starts with asking about LO and when I'm going to have him--I tried to talk to my brother about the NFL draft last week (I'm a football nut and so is he) and all he wanted to do was ask about when I'm popping out his nephew.  I feel like I should be doing something more, but now with DH out of town, I'm doing absolutely nothing because he will not be allowed to come back if I have the baby any sooner than mid-week.  Think I'm going to start sending more calls to VM though--tired of having the same conversation every time it rings! 

Photobucket
  • Isn't it crazy how everyone is only concerned about that?!?! I am pretty sure everyone I've ran into in the past week has started the conversation with, "So! When are you going to have that baby!?" I know it shouldn't bother me. I'm sure I've said the same thing and they obviously don't mean to be obnoxious. But you know what...if I knew when I was 'going to have that baby' I'd be a whole lot happier, and you'd probably know.

I have definitely started sending calls to voice mail. However, that totally backfires because then I get more calls and more texts because people think Im in labor. Maybe we should change our voice mail message to something like, "Nope, no baby yet. And if I am in the hospital I"m obviously not answering my phone. Call you back!" :).

• Oh Lord yes. My husband now starts every phone conversation by telling people that no, I haven't had the baby yet. And I just want to hit everyone, so I've stopped answering the phone....
  • Yes!  I know people mean well, but getting texts, phone calls, and emails asking if I'm feeling any "twinges" is starting to get frustrating - especially because I don't have any good news for them! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• erb82erb82 member
    My mom and I have always talked on the phone every day, but now when I call her I have to tell immediately say, I'm not in labor, I'm just calling to say hi, and then she sounds disappointed.  On the other hand, we have friends that we're helping move tomorrow (I'll be useless, but they really need DH's help), and she's called me every day this week, telling me to not have the baby until tomorrow evening at the earliest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"