Babies: 0 - 3 Months

can babies get strep?

So, the last 2 days or so I havent been feeling all that hot, figured it was just the weather because it keeps going from hot to cold.  Today, I have the dreaded white bumps in my throat, strep.  I havent had strep in almost 7 years.  My husband has had it 6 times since November, and his tonsils are coming out at this end of this month.  (Can I get a hooray for a new baby and a big baby husband? lol)  But, I have been loving on and kissin on LO for the last few days and now Im freaking out!!!  Will she be ok, has anyone else been through this??  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: can babies get strep?

• mrs.geemrs.gee member
    My 4yo had it last week and the nurse said it is unusual for a baby to get it. Are you breastfeeding? If so, baby will get antibodies through your milk, making it even less likely. Feel better. 
    DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • I'd just keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't start getting a fever or any symptoms. And take her to the doctor if you even think she might be getting sick. I don't know if babies can get strep or not, but my guess would be probably. I would think that babies can get any kind of sickness we can get, only it would be way more severe in a baby! I've been worrying about my 3-week-old getting sick, since it is cold season :/ 
  • Loading the player...
  • yes but it's rare in the under 2 set UNLESS they have been directly exposed per my pedi - good luck.  I hope you feel better quickly and that your LO doesn't get it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"