1st Trimester

OMG! I'm pregnant!

So after missing my period, feeling super tired, having nausea, poor appetite, my husband went out at 10:30 at night and got a pregnancy test.....and our dreams were confirmed....WE ARE PREGO!  Not that it comes as too much of a shock since we weren't preventing, but we thought it would take a lot longer!  So, we are due 1/1/13......I'm still in stock mode......we told our immediate family, but should we wait to tell the world?  Being a nurse, I know so much can happen during the first trimester? But on the other hand I'm so excited......what did you guys do? 

Re: OMG! I'm pregnant!

• rrcraz7rrcraz7 member

1st pregnancy - told after we saw HB @ 6w

2nd pregnancy - told immediate family around 5w, m/c at 6

3rd pregnancy (this one) - keeping it quiet. NT is today so I doubt I'll convince my husband to keep it quiet any longer.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have told a few coworkers.  I am a nurse too, and the area where I work can be exposed to some serious conditions like meningitis, influenza, shingles, and other big prego no-no's.  So, it is helpful to have a couple coworkers who understand why I can't take certain patients.  Also, I was so damn excited I couldn't help it.  We are making a surprise trip next week to see my mom and we will tell her.  Other wise I really want to wait and hear a heartbeat before I tell everyone else.
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We're at 6 weeks and waiting until 8 (Mother's Day) to spill the beans to our immediate family. Still debating on how much longer to wait to tell close friends, etc. Waiting is KILLING me, but we were TTC for over a year without telling anyone, so I really want to wait until we're later term to start celebrating. 

View Full Size Image

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations!!! What a great feeling huh?! To answer your question, it's really your choice. We told my immediate family right away. We waited till first US to tell DH family. Now at 10 weeks I'm slowly letting people at work know. There really isn't a right or wrong answer, just your personal choice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 10 weeks. We've told our siblings who we're close to and we're telling family on mothers day! So exciting, and so hard to wait.
  • Congrats!!!  I just found out last night that we are expecting as well.  I'm not sure what to do either- we've already told my sister and bff but think we are going to tell our immediate families this weekend- we see them a few times a week and I can't keep it in. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congratulations! I just found out that I am pregnant as well. We thought it would take much longer too!

We told our parents and best friends but thats it. I wanted to wait until after the first doctors appt. so that we know for sure that we are pregnant. I am scared that we might go to the doctor and I wont be pregnant.

I took 4 tests over 2 days and they were all positive, so I know I am being crazy:)

Did anyone else have doubts or fears about the accuracy of their tests?

• Meli BMeli B member

Congratulations! We only told my sister and will tell the family once I go to my first official OB appt at 9 weeks. Everyone else will be told around the 14th week.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We have only told my sister & her husband. Probably won't tell any other family until our first U/S at 8 weeks. And won't tell friends until 13 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CONGRATS!!! We have the exact same due date!
  • imageMrsIrwin1031:

Congratulations! I just found out that I am pregnant as well. We thought it would take much longer too!

We told our parents and best friends but thats it. I wanted to wait until after the first doctors appt. so that we know for sure that we are pregnant. I am scared that we might go to the doctor and I wont be pregnant.

I took 4 tests over 2 days and they were all positive, so I know I am being crazy:)

Did anyone else have doubts or fears about the accuracy of their tests?

I knew the tests were accurate and positive but still had a fear of going for my first US and there not being anything there. It's silly but we all worry, and read too many horror stories also. Try to relax and look forward to seeing baby!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats! Telling everyone else is a personal decision...We, personally, are telling everyone as soon as we finish telling the rest of the family. I would tell the same people if something happened so may as let them in on the news now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"