Baby Names
Options

Overheard in Labor Hall

This is a conversation an attending and two residents were having at the nurses' station in Labor Hall over the weekend.

Attending: M-E-L-A-D-I?

Resident 1: No, M-A-L-A-D-I-I

Attending: Malady???

Resident 1: That can't be right.

Resident 2: Here's her chart: M-E-L-A-D-I-I

Attending: Mi'lady??

Resident 1: Is it like Hawai'i? Me-la-di-i?

Resident 2: It's Melody.

Resident 1 and Attending: Ohhh. Melody.

Resident 2: Yeah, because here the firstborn is Harmanii.

Attending: Wow. Poor kids.

In case you thought doctors were all business all the time. Wink

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: Overheard in Labor Hall

• Options
    Wow, Harmanii... That's all I've got. I can't think of anything else to say to those names!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    Oh goodness!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker~ Diagnosed with PCOS in March 2009. Taking Metfomin for insulin resistance and irregular cycles/ovulation. Had healthy baby girl in Jan 2010 via C-Section (HTN and Breech Presentation).
    ~ Miscarry at 8 weeks with D&C in May 2011 (low progesterone).
    ~ Had a healthy baby girl in June 2012 via C-Section (on prometrium to sustain).
    ~ Surprise pregnancy at age 40!  Baby boy due April 26, 2021 (took prometrium to sustain once pregnancy was confirmed, 3rd C-Section planned).  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Harmony and Melody? Sounds like a Musical family. 
  • Options
    wklj875wklj875 member
    I never tell a parent on here that their name choice is bad but i have to make an exception today.  Melody and Harmony aren't to terrible but to spell them that way is horrible, poor kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DH is a pediatric nurse so he gets to see all sorts of wacky kids names.  I loved the one day he came home from the ER and went straight for a piece of paper and pen.  After he wrote on it, he handed it to me and asked me to please read the name.  He had written "Diarrhea".  I giggled and read it as any normal person would read it and thought it was a horrible joke.  Apparently, I was wrong.  A woman had named her little girl that but pronounced it Dee-r-ea.

I guess that same night they also had a set of twin boys come in name Boya (Boy A) and Boyb (Boy B).  Makes me feel a little better about some of my name ideas!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Lol - when my brothers' sons were born we joked that he was going to name them Pete and Repete.... but Boya and Boyb....

we raise cattle and once had a set of female twins that we named BabeA [bay-bay]and BaBe [bay-bee] because the A and B were part of their ID numbers.... but Boya and Boyb.....

Boya and Boyb.....

Poor kids are going to suffer when they get to school.
    Same with Diarrhea

Due on July 12, 2012!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageEamonmomma:

DH is a pediatric nurse so he gets to see all sorts of wacky kids names.  I loved the one day he came home from the ER and went straight for a piece of paper and pen.  After he wrote on it, he handed it to me and asked me to please read the name.  He had written "Diarrhea".  I giggled and read it as any normal person would read it and thought it was a horrible joke.  Apparently, I was wrong.  A woman had named her little girl that but pronounced it Dee-r-ea.

I guess that same night they also had a set of twin boys come in name Boya (Boy A) and Boyb (Boy B).  Makes me feel a little better about some of my name ideas!

I really, really hope that the Boya/Boyb situation was just an ID issue. I was "Baby B" for a week after birth (twin was "Baby A" - that's what our official hospital bracelets say because it took my parents a week to decide on names due to the shock of having twins - they didn't know until delivery). So yeah, I can feasibly see something like that being put on a bracelet/ID for tiny infants by parents who really will name their kids legit names (just hoping for their sakes).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"