Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Exercise after giving birth

I'm still in recovery. My LO is 2 weeks, 5 days old. I was just wondering if there were any exercises that were okay to do this early after giving birth. I also wanted to know if anyone had any tips on speeding up recovery! I didn't need stitches so that's a bonus (: TYIA

Re: Exercise after giving birth

• I walked a mile today and I'm now sore in my lower abdomen. My doc okayed light walking, but that was it. Not even yoga is okay yet according to him. I'm 3 weeks pp.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started back on Saturday.  I was almost 6 weeks pp.  I went to Zumba and took it easy and was ok the next day.  With DD #1, I started back too early and had a lot of bladder control issues when working out, primarily running on the treadmill.  I am easing back into exercising with Just Dance 2 on the Wii as well.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Lots of walking especially if you didn't need stitches! It actually made me feel better. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Light walking and house work. Today I got cleared for everything 5 weeks 2 days pp. I was also had a cs. So not sure wht I normal for a natural birth. 
  • walking as PP said. I KNEW if I did to much....alot more bleeding and pain. I walked until cleared at 5 weeks to exercise.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pp bleeding stopped around 5 weeks, began some modified Pilates after that. Had no issues, and Pilates helps to strenthen your core, which helps to push the uterus and other organs down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"