Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Bath question!

DD loves her baths and showering with me... I love it too :) But we struggle post-bath... I bundle her up in a towel as soon as she's out of the water, but she still cries... presumably from being chilly/uncomfortable.

So, I'm looking for tips! What's your post bath routine? How do you keep LO happy and warm? IU'm just wondering if I'm missing something :)

TIA!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bath question!

• Options

Our routine consists of drying him off and diapering him as soon as he's out of the bath. We normally wait until it's around his feeding time to bathe him because then I'll wrap him up in one of his real warm cozy blankets and BF him while he warms up because he's usually pretty squirmy and BF seems to comfort him. If it's not his feeding time I'll normally just cuddle him in the blanket for a little bit while he warms up and give him his pacifier.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have you tried putting a space heater in the room to make it super warm for LO? That way, she doesn't get really cold. Or, have the towel warming in the dryer, and have dh rush it to you as soon as bathtime is over? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Are you sure it is from her being cold/uncomfortable?  Our DS also loves bath time.  And if you take him out too soon, he'll go into the sad cry.  I find that if I wash him and then let him splash around for 5-10 minutes, he is much less likely to cry post-bath.  He just needs that little extra time to play and splash.  Works wonders.  Give it a try next bath time and see if it helps.  Smile

To keep him warm after his bath, I actually cuddle him up in his towel, wrap him up in my arms, and give him a bottle.  He warms in the towel, gets a happy belly, and then we get him dressed.  So far, he hasn't peed in his towel! Fingers-crossed that doesn't change. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Options

We only bathe her in the bathroom, making sure to run hot water (even better if it's right after one of our showers) ahead of time to make sure the room is warmed up at least a bit. But our big secret?

I have an electric heating pad. Just before we start the bath, we wrap the dry towel around the heating pad and turn it on. Then when we take her out of the bath, we take out the heating pad and wrap her in the still toasty warm (but not too warm!) towel.  

• Options
    Towel quickly, rub vigorously, dress fast!  For us there's been no avoiding the cry fest post bath for the first couple months.  It goes away.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I warm up the bathroom with a space heater before the bath. Then I do everything - dry off, diaper, clothe - in there before coming back out to the chilly world. It works well for DS, who also hates the cold.
  • Options

The first bath we gave our LO was a disaster, 3 people had already showered and the water started to go flat-out cold by the middle of baby's bath. He cried and cried until we got him out, but LOVED the first half of it

Last night was his 2nd one and he LOVED all of it except the very beginning, since it was too hot for him. That time I got in with him and it was much easier for me. He decided he wanted to nurse while in the tub and so I let him! It helped to let him keep nursing while I got him bundled and took him into the living room to get dressed for bed

so maybe try nursing her while getting her out of the tub to go get dressed (: 

• Options
    I get everything ready (towels, wash cloths, pj's, lotions) for lo and I and draw the bath. I get a little of the tub filled before DH brings in lo. DH hangs around for my comfort just in case and when lo is done he gets handed off to daddy to get dried dressed and fed for bed while I take my shower and then pump. Lo loves being in the tub/ shower. Doesn't like the sink too much though.
  • Options
    I noticed DD would cry and shiver.  So, I was really quick about changing, so I felt bad.  This time, I threw her towel in the dryer while bathing her so it was warm when it came out.  She seemed much better about getting changed and NOT cold
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    After he's clean and were ready to get out of the shower, I turn the shower head at the wall so it's not hitting us.  Then I wipe him down with a dry washcloth and turn the shower off.  Then hubby tosses a towel and I wrap him up before opening the shower door.  Then I hand him to hubby to get dressed.  It seems like a waste to use both the washcloth and towel but it works for us with very minimal tears.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"