June 2012 Moms

Anyone been checked for dilation yet?

Just wondering if anyone has been checked yet? I'm 35 wks today and the DR did my GBS and checked me for the first time and said I'm at 2 cm and 50% effaced which I feel like is good proogress since I still have 4 weeks til my scheduled indcution. I'm hoping it's a good sign and she'll come on her own. Anyone else know if/what they are dilated to?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone been checked for dilation yet?

• I was checked back at 30 weeks when I had a visit to L&D for contractions (due to dehydration), but not since and I'll refuse to be checked at my appointments unless the doctors start talking potential for an induction due to baby's size/my GD/or too much amniotic fluid.  In that case, I'd want to make sure my cervix was favorable for an induction.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • i was today b/c he was checking everything due to my blood pressure being high and he said i was already at 1cm. doesn't mean much really though being a FTM it could stay that way until i go into labor.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been checked because I was in L&D triage because of pain. I am now 1.5 cm dilated and 40% effaced. That was at 31 weeks. I'm 33 weeks now!
  • Not yet.

Not really sold on the idea or wanting to, but it's OB's policy to start checking at 35 wks (so I'll be starting then).

Like another poster said, I feel like there really isn't much point to it. You can be dilated several cm's and stay that way for weeks, but Dr says she'd rather know how far I've already progressed once I'm at 35 wks, even if it doesn't necessarily predict when labor will start... since there are other things I feel more strongly about, I haven't pushed back on this one as much I might have.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was checked this weekend while at L&D for a kidney issue, I am not dilated yet but was only at 32w5d.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My doc tried to do one earlier today (asked my permission first) but it hurt me so much, she stopped.  I'm a little freaked out by how much it hurt . . . need to get MUCH bigger stuff through there than a couple skinny fingers!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not yet. The dr checks at 36 weeks here, unless there is a reason to check prior to that.
  • I won't be checked until I'm far enough along to have my membranes swept.  Other than that, I don't see the purpose.   I declined last time until 40 weeks, only to find out I was 0cm/0%.  It was super discouraging to say the least.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was last week at 32w1d because I was experiencing extreme pelvic pressure and I am not dilated yet. The dr just wanted to check. They are making me come in this Wednesday for a follow up, I don't know if I will be checked again or not
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yesterday I was 2cm dilated and 60% effaced. I'm happy that things are progressing.  These kids need to GTFO in the next couple of weeks.
  • Got checked last week at 32 weeks because I was having steady contractions every 3 minutes. 3cm dilated, 50% effaced. Now on bed rest and Procardia to stop contractions.
  • I was checked last Friday because we thought my water had broken.  Luckily, everything is just fine and my cervix is "in Cleveland."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"