Babies: 6 - 9 Months

DO NOT USE BABY BULLET

I was preparing a meal for my son this morning using the baby bullet.  There is a rubber ring around the base of the blade.  This came lose and was shredded into his food.  This is EXTREMELY dangerous and I do not want this to happen to anyone else that has this product.  I almost fed this to my child and would be in an emergency room right now and contacting an attorney rather than writing this.  I have contacted the manufacturer and urged a recall and strongly advise anyone else to use a different blender.  Thank goodness I noticed one small piece in his food that hadn't been cut up and was about half an inch long.  Please don't let this happen to you.  Happy to share photos with anyone interested.

Re: DO NOT USE BABY BULLET

• Have you considered that it may have been user error, rather than a manufaturing problem? I know a lot of people who use the baby bullet with no problems. In fact, this is the first time I've heard of a problem with it, or the magic bullet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the heads up. I just bought one. I think I will still give it a try though because a lot of people have given it good reviews. I will definitely make sure it is working properly!!
    kaylinsig1tubbab1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Compromise and Balance are key. JH.

• Loading the player...
  • imagelaurynfaerie:
    Have you considered that it may have been user error, rather than a manufaturing problem? I know a lot of people who use the baby bullet with no problems. In fact, this is the first time I've heard of a problem with it, or the magic bullet.

This.

OP as far as I know all blenders have this rubber ring that goes between the bottom of the blade and blender jar to prevent leaking. I'm sorry this happened to you and I'm glad your LO is ok but are you sure you put everything together correctly before using it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!
  • imageCLL1001:

imagelaurynfaerie:
    Have you considered that it may have been user error, rather than a manufaturing problem? I know a lot of people who use the baby bullet with no problems. In fact, this is the first time I've heard of a problem with it, or the magic bullet.

This.

OP as far as I know all blenders have this rubber ring that goes between the bottom of the blade and blender jar to prevent leaking. I'm sorry this happened to you and I'm glad your LO is ok but are you sure you put everything together correctly before using it?

I have to agree as well.  I haven't had a single problem with mine, and feel that if it were put together properly, this couldn't happen.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelaurynfaerie:

Yes user error. It states in the manual it can become loose with washing so you are supposed to check every time you use it. Its there for the seal and it comes with 2 replacements as well. I have it and have had no problems. 

ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelaurynfaerie:

Yes user error. It states in the manual it can become loose with washing so you are supposed to check every time you use it. Its there for the seal and it comes with 2 replacements as well. I have it and have had no problems. 

ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagechulita425:

imagelaurynfaerie:

This...I read the manual cover to cover before I used it and it is clearly stated to check the seal regularly.  The blender even came with two replacement seals. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have a regular bullet and this same thing happened. I would say it is more of a user error. I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice that the seal wasn't fitted properly. FYI, it did not totally blend up the plastic just broke it in like 1 inch pieces. I noticed it and just threw out the batch. No big deal.
  • No this was not a user error.  I have 3 of them and are very familiar with them.  1 full size and 2 baby bullets. There are two MAJOR problems with it, one potentially fatal and the other a major health hazard.  The most likely way your LO will get sick is from a food borne or bacterial illness.  The rubber ring in the bottom has to come out for it to be cleaned properly, otherwise it traps old food in there (you can see it stuck down there!), so you have to take it in and out all the time anyway to clean it.  Even if it was a user error, this could easily happen to someone else and is highly dangerous.  Do you really want a product with this type of risk??  You don't even notice it!  Because you keep trying to latch it in and press it down several times, so if there is a bump or two you would not even notice it had come loose and was going into the food.  I would NOT have even noticed except for one slightly larger piece in a bowl of food I was literally about to put in his mouth.  If you have a nanny or relative helping you with food prep, this is a serious hazard. 
  • And yep!  Think I am just about done with The Bump.  I have been on here a few times....  It is supposed to be a helpful support network for Moms.  Instead I have found everything from curt snotty remarks, to vicious bitchiness and unnecessary criticisms.  We are all going through one of the hardest life changes across many many many of these pages.  So why? - it's sad.  Does it really make us feel better about ourselves to criticize others.  I posted this trying to help someone else avoid having this problem.  No I'm not stupid.  I have 3 degrees, 2 in law.  I know how to use this product and have used it many many times.  It's really dangerous.  And this happened very easily.  if I had made a mistake I probably wouldn't waste your time.  Next time I wont bother and hope your LO swallows the rubber.  Enjoy!   Think before you hit 'post' Ladies.  Is this really how you want to come across to people??  Anyway, I have better things to do
  • imagelaurynfaerie:

Yep, user error.  Be careful next time!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• imageFgsp:
    And yep!  Think I am just about done with The Bump.  I have been on here a few times....  It is supposed to be a helpful support network for Moms.  Instead I have found everything from curt snotty remarks, to vicious bitchiness and unnecessary criticisms.  We are all going through one of the hardest life changes across many many many of these pages.  So why? - it's sad.  Does it really make us feel better about ourselves to criticize others.  I posted this trying to help someone else avoid having this problem.  No I'm not stupid.  I have 3 degrees, 2 in law.  I know how to use this product and have used it many many times.  It's really dangerous.  And this happened very easily.  if I had made a mistake I probably wouldn't waste your time.  Next time I wont bother and hope your LO swallows the rubber.  Enjoy!   Think before you hit 'post' Ladies.  Is this really how you want to come across to people??  Anyway, I have better things to do

I don't even have a Baby Bullet- I use my blender to make LOs food.  That aside, when you post something, you have to be ready for people's comments whether you agree or disagree.  I've had my feelings hurt a couple of times from TheBump, but then I remind myself that I do not know these people, and I'm the one who posted in the first place.  You certainly won't agree with all of the opinions on here! 

• imageFgsp:
    And yep!  Think I am just about done with The Bump.  I have been on here a few times....  It is supposed to be a helpful support network for Moms.  Instead I have found everything from curt snotty remarks, to vicious bitchiness and unnecessary criticisms.  We are all going through one of the hardest life changes across many many many of these pages.  So why? - it's sad.  Does it really make us feel better about ourselves to criticize others.  I posted this trying to help someone else avoid having this problem.  No I'm not stupid.  I have 3 degrees, 2 in law.  I know how to use this product and have used it many many times.  It's really dangerous.  And this happened very easily.  if I had made a mistake I probably wouldn't waste your time.  Next time I wont bother and hope your LO swallows the rubber.  Enjoy!   Think before you hit 'post' Ladies.  Is this really how you want to come across to people??  Anyway, I have better things to do

............... okay......... hoping someone's baby swallows rubber isn't exactly nice.... I would consider that "vicious". Also, having degrees in law does not mean that you didn't have a user error with the bullet...... AND if it is so dangerous why would you have 3 bullets?

• imageFgsp:

::eye roll::

Put your BGP on hon.  I don't think anyone was being vicious.  Maybe you should think before you post....no one here wished any harm on your child.  You would think that someone with 3 degrees would be a little more mature.   

• Oh, and you are reported.  Wishing harm against our children is uncalled for.

• There's a big difference between "Be careful to make sure the rubber gasket is in place properly" and "DO NOT USE A BABY BULLET IT'S DANGEROUS!"

I mean clearly it's a good tip, but saying everyone should cease using this dangerous product is like suing McDonald's because their coffee is hot and you can spill it on yourself.

• imagebackinpgh:

There's a big difference between "Be careful to make sure the rubber gasket is in place properly" and "DO NOT USE A BABY BULLET IT'S DANGEROUS!"

I mean clearly it's a good tip, but saying everyone should cease using this dangerous product is like suing McDonald's because their coffee is hot and you can spill it on yourself.

Which people have done a few times. That's why they have to say "caution: hot" on the cups. People are idiots.

• imagelaurynfaerie:
    imagebackinpgh:

There's a big difference between "Be careful to make sure the rubber gasket is in place properly" and "DO NOT USE A BABY BULLET IT'S DANGEROUS!"

Which people have done a few times. That's why they have to say "caution: hot" on the cups. People are idiots.

The funny thing here is that the instructions apparently already tell you to make sure the gasket is in place...!!!

• Why does one have two law degrees?  Is the first one not good enough?  Who goes to law school twice? 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • imageSoxFan777:
    Why does one have two law degrees?  Is the first one not good enough?  Who goes to law school twice? 

This is what I was wondering as well. It makes my one degree in law sound like such a loser! I never knew a double JD was a possibility!

• imageCrash Into Me:
    Is this kind of like the woman who sued McDonald's because her coffee was hot?

That was actually a real reason to sue. She had 3rd degree burns on her pelvic region from spilling coffee on her lap. She had multiple skin grafts, spent 8 days in the hospital, and had 2 years of treatment afterwards. McDonalds heated their coffee to a temperature hotter than industry standard.

• I actually wanted to post to AGREE with you!  I just had the same thing happen to me with the Baby Bullet.  I've been using it for a few months and have had no problems until now.  There was no user error here either, I always look in it to make sure everything is fine and didn't notice anything loose at all.  I unfortunately was not as lucky as you in catching it.  I only noticed after feeding my 7 month old some of the food that there was a plastic piece in it.  I went to investigate and sure enough, the plastic ring was all wrapped up around the blade and chopped up.  I am worried SICK about this!  I'm not sure if he ate any but it's probable.  I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone and thank you for posting.  

Let the comments from the "perfect" moms who spend all day on the computer ignoring their kids to play on Facebook and post on message boards begin...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"