Pregnant after 35

How did you get pregnant, TI, IUI or IVF?

I am 40 and trying for #4 my youngest is 11 and I am currently doing IUI's 3rd one will be tomorrow, I have no known issues and there is no MFI....so i was just curious how did you end up becoming pregnant and how long did it take you?

I love coming here to lurk, it gives me that little bit of extra hope.  Wishing all of you ladies the best of luck and enjoy those babies!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How did you get pregnant, TI, IUI or IVF?

• drunken oops moment here, so  I am not a lot of help but i had a friend who has been using Ti and chlomid and it has worked for her!!!   I wish you the best of luck
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hi there, you are blessed to have 3 kids already, lucky you!  Im 40 with my 1st, it was IVF#2 that worked YAY, you can see from my siggy!!  We were married 10/09 and started trying straight away thinking we could get pregnant easily......NOT, anyway we were trying since then!!!  I wish you the best of luck, i hope to have more after this LO, maybe my body will know what to do now (hoping and praying) if not we will be going down the IVF route again, i have always wanted 4-5 kids but will be lucky if i have 2 now!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 36 and got pregnant on my 2nd IUI. I have PCOS w/ insulin resitance.  I was on 150 mg Clomid CD 3-7 and I was also on Metformin 850 x/day for almost a year prior to my BFP for insulin resistance.  We also had very minor MFI (low volume and 2-3% morphology). 

I assume since you are doing IUI's that you are being monitored with bloodwork and u/s to verify you are ovulating?  I also assume you have had an HSG done or other test to verify your tubes (or at least 1) is open.

Good luck tomorrow.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I am absolutely being monitored and have 7dpo bloodwork done, Progersterone levels have been great and have had 1-3 mature follies with every IUI, had HSG done last year and it showed no blockages.
  • We used TI.  With pg #1, I was 37, it took 3 cycles and DS was born at 40w4d.  With pg #2, I was 40, it took 2 cycles and ended in a loss at 11w.  With pg #3, it took 3 cycles and so far so good.  I will be 41 when this lo arrives.

• oops, bump burp.

• You are right, I am very blessed for the children I have! Thanks for responding, wish you the best of luck.  My 3 kids were from my previous marriage, my wonderfuly great SO has no children, hence trying for my # 4 and his #1.
  • I hope you get pregnant soon, it will be lovely for you and your especially your DH to have another, lots and lots of Bump Baby Dust!!!!  Best of luck!!!
  • imagejessandandy09:
    drunken oops moment here, so  I am not a lot of help

Ditto. Combined with bad counting on my part...I NEVER have sex during my fertile days...EVER.

• Will keep you in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby!!! I'm having baby #3 at 40 (almost 41) and we were blessed with getting pregnant the old fashioned way after trying for only 4 months so I'm no help with advice on this....sorry.

I have two kids from my previous marriage, they are 16 and 23 so I am starting all over too! So exciting!!!

It's nice to know that so many women are having babies well into their 40's now, without too many complications like they use to worry about.

If you don't believe in miracles....perhaps you've forgotten that you ARE one!!!
  • imagemrswoo10:

Will keep you in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby!!! I'm having baby #3 at 40 (almost 41) and we were blessed with getting pregnant the old fashioned way after trying for only 4 months so I'm no help with advice on this....sorry.

I have two kids from my previous marriage, they are 16 and 23 so I am starting all over too! So exciting!!!

It's nice to know that so many women are having babies well into their 40's now, without too many complications like they use to worry about.

Thank you! Mine are 21, 15 and 11...my 21 yr old daughter is my biggest supporter. Best of luck to you as well!  :)

• I am 39 and we did it by counting days.  We have been together almost 20 years and waited til the 11th hour.  It took 4 months so we were very, very, lucky/blessed. I was sicker than a dog and we almost skipped a month but since I've wanted to TTC for almost 5 years I wasn't letting any time pass me by!

Good luck!

• Had an IUD for 16 yrs, then taken out in October. DH and I had a Thanksiving quickie and wallah! :). Needless to say I'll have a 19, 18 and 16 yr old when LO arrives. I'm 36 yrs old/second marriage, DH first. 

My mom was 42 when she had my baby brother (she calls him her menopausal baby). He was born during my parents 25th wedding yr anniversary.  :) kinda grosses me out but what can u do? Haha! He's a healthy happy 11 yr old with lots o older nephew and neices. :))

GL to you! 

SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• The good old fashioned way. But we were trying. I had been doing the ovulation predictor kits on a pretty regular basis. We ended up pregnant after 6 months of trying.

I actually found that we did better when I didn't tell him I was ovulating and just seduced him. When I told him, we lost that spark and sometimes couldn't get into the groove and abandoned the attempt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TI with both LO's. BFP on 1st cycle at 35 with DS, BFP on 2nd cycle with this LO at 38.
  • We were not trying, not avoiding. This is my 5th pg so getting pg hasn't been a problem but staying pg has. I am not counting on anything this time around until the early risk assessment in a couple weeks.

Wishing you great luck! That's wonderful that your eldest is so supportive.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Natural way both times. Good luck!

• I was married and tried for 5 years... multiple IUI's (5-6, can't remember exactly now... think I tried blocking it out)... nothing. Then the marriage fell apart.

1 year after I started seeing my current boyfriend we got an oops! I am now 36, and will be almost 37 when LO arrives. This is my first and probably only.

So I am not much of a help either, but I have been there.

Good Luck

• I never tried to have kids and had never been pregnant before I started late in the game at 36. It turns out I have endometriosis, so it took ivf #1 to get me pregnant. I don't think it was my age that was the problem.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Didn't really start trying until I was 35.  We had passively tried for a year before that (but didn't even chart or time intercourse). I have PCOS (no insulin resistance).  I got pregnant on my 3rd cycle using 150 mg of Clomid and an HCG trigger.  Lost that pregnancy at about 8.5 weeks.

Second time around, got pregnant on my 5th cycle of 150 mg Clomid and an HCG trigger.  Also added 1500 mg daily of Metformin to the mix, which I discontinued as soon as I discovered I was pregnant.  We were about to switch to IUI, and had even done the 5th cycle (of just Clomid and trigger) with an RE.  The cycle didn't even look good.. my lining was way too thick... so we were also going to do a hysteroscopy before proceeding to IUI.  Imagine EVERYONE's surprise when I got pregnant that cycle anyway.  

So, basically, it has been easier than expected for me to get pregnant, but still by no means easy.  Losing a lot of weight seemed to help. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Totally naturally.  Had been on hormone injections for months and I needed a break.  A few months after stopping I became pg at 35.  It was a huge surprise to both of us that it happened naturally.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• This was our 3rd IUI using injectables and ovidrel trigger.  I'm 39 now & will be when baby comes in November. 
    EDD = Nov 22, 2012....Thanksgiving Day!!

FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family image

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy due date

• I got the positive test results on my actual 40th birthday.  It was my 2nd IVF attempt in 4 years.  I had many other attempts before but the IVF always got canceled due to low number of mature eggs.  This was our miracle. I'm hoping a for a 2nd miracle, but let's get through this 1 first.  Good luck to you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• Thank you gals for so many great responses!! Very glad to see some IUI pregnancies in here too, as IVF isn't an option for us, financially.  Best of luck to you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"