Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Moms to Boys - What diaper are you using that doesn't leak at night?

We're using Pampers Cruisers and almost every single night we have to change DS's pajamas and sheet because he's leaking out of them. Any suggestions or recommendations to keep him dry?

I will mention that he is really small for his age (~5% height and weight at nine months) and he is currently wearing size 3s.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms to Boys - What diaper are you using that doesn't leak at night?

• I've used Huggies when we're traveling and they've been fine. They also make overnights, which are worth it if you're getting leaks.

Normally, we use a triple-stuffed cloth pocket diaper.

• MrsDLMrsDL member
    We use pampers baby dry just at night. Where does his weight fall for the size 3s - do they seem like they fit him OK?

• Loading the player...
  • We were having the same issues.  He wears size 3 also so we tried the Target brand size 4 at night and he still leaked out.  We put Pampers Baby Dry in size 4 on him and no problems so far!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were loyal to Pampers with DD, but with DS Huggies fit him better.  From the comparisons I've done the Huggies seem to have a slimmer fit than the Target brand or Pampers so they fit DS's skinny legs better.  Every time we put him in something other than Huggies he leaks everywhere.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsDL:
    We use pampers baby dry just at night. Where does his weight fall for the size 3s - do they seem like they fit him OK?

I just checked the  weight range for the size 3s - It's 16-28 lbs. I think DS was around 17-18 lbs. at his 9 month check-up, so I assume he's probably still on the lower end of that range. I feel like he'd be swimming in size 4s.

• We use Pampers Swaddlers Size 2's.  DS is almost 10 months and currently about 14.5 lbs (very small for his age).  Even if we use Pampers Baby Dry or Target diapers during the day we always use the Swaddlers at night because those seem to be the only ones that don't leak. 

Maybe they are too big?  Do you have any size 2's left that you can try and see if they don't leak?  Is the diaper leaking around his waist or down by his legs?

Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSarafuss:

We use Pampers Swaddlers Size 2's.  DS is almost 10 months and currently about 14.5 lbs (very small for his age).  Even if we use Pampers Baby Dry or Target diapers during the day we always use the Swaddlers at night because those seem to be the only ones that don't leak. 

Maybe they are too big?  Do you have any size 2's left that you can try and see if they don't leak?  Is the diaper leaking around his waist or down by his legs?

It's leaking around his waist. He's been wearing the 3s for a couple months and this has just started happening in the last week or so, so I don't think it's that they are too big.

Maybe we'll try Huggies to see if they work better.

• We use Pampers Baby Dry at night (Swaddlers during the day)--I like that they are designed to last for up to 12 hrs so I don't feel guilty since we don't change him at night and never have since he was born!  He is 9.5 mos, 21 lbs or so.  We JUST moved him up to size 4s for daytime but are still using up the size 3 Baby Dry for night.  He has never had a leak at night (they're good and wet in the morning, but have never leaked).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Huggies snug and dry. Always works well for us
  • Huggies overnites work great!  Although when DS was leaking it was absorbing through the diaper, not leaking at the waist...seems like an odd place to leak so I'm not sure...are you making the waist tight enough?
    BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Stick out tongue I use cloth 'fitted' diapers, I haven't had a night time leak in more then 6months...except the other night when I tried a large diaper again and it didn't fit him so he peed strait through the leg with hardly any getting in the actual diaper.

I would never go back to disposables, they stink, leak, and cost a fortune. But I know it isn't for everyone, but if your interested leave me a comment through.

https://leasenchantedcloth.blogspot.com

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image image image image image image
  • We use Kirkland diapers and we love them but DS's got some monster thighs and chub.  I'm not sure how they work on smaller babies.

• I have tried everything...even pull up night time! So far the only thing that doesn't leak is Huggins ovnight one size up. 

We use pampers cruiser or baby dry during the day  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When DS was in sz3 we used baby dry during the day and sz 4 cruisers at night.  Once he was in sz 4 all the time though none of the pampers diapers worked any more so we switched to huggies overnites.  With the exception of a few mishaps here and there, they've worked great.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Huggies overnights...we have a few weeks now and then, but they're pretty good.

• We use pampers swaddlers all the time and the only time we ever have issues is when DH doesn't get the frills out.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Earth's best. They've never leaked. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have used the Target Brand pampers and Kirkland brand and they are fabulous. My son has never leaked out of those diapers. He is big for his age, at 10 months he is 33 inches and 24 pounds. He wears a size four diaper and since he was born, I have used both brands with no problem. I would advise the target brand because it is softer. The Kirkland brand is a tad rough on the edges. Hope this helps.
  • imagelauralovesbob:
    Earth's best. They've never leaked. 

I like Earth's Best. We usually cloth diaper, but when DS was sick recently we used Seventh Generation for nights and didn't have leak issues.  

• We use Pampers overnights at night, in one size up.  He's in 3s regularly now, so I use 4s at night.  I've tried using other brands (Huggies, Target, Luvs and Walmart) and every.single.one leaked.  I've had a few leaks with the overnights, but only when he's been up for multiple feedings and has been in the diaper over 10-12 hours.  Those suckers have contained both a mountain of pee and huge poops at the same time. 
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • We've used both Huggies & Pampers labeled for overnight & they've both worked well.  We also use a larger size that his daytime diapers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"