C-sections

how long until you wore normal underwear/jeans?

i had a c section 4 weeks ago and am wondering how long i have to go before I can wear regular underwear/thongs and put my jeans back on and not be worried about the incision?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how long until you wore normal underwear/jeans?

• For me it was about 10 weeks

• My incision is very, very low. that being said, im 2 weeks out and back in normal undies. no thongs though because im still bleeding. i havent attempted jeans yet as im still relly swollen down near the incision. plus i spend my days in the nicu, so i dont see a need to try them yet.
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I left the hospital in my normal undies .
    Now normal jeans - I wore maternity jeans about a week after having my c/s. I am almost four months out and just now starting to fit into one of my pre-preg jeans. So I guess it depends on what you consider normal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I was wearing normal underwear the next day. I wore maternity jeans or my "fat jeans" for 6-8 weeks. It wasn't an incision issue, I just could not button my pants yet. 
  • I wore regular underwear, well granny panties as soon as I got home. I wore regular jeans at 2 weeks.
  • I was able to wear normal jeans by 4 weeks but that was because I was under my pre pregnancy weight (thanks to my big baby girl) by the time I left the hospital. Regular underwear I waited until I was sure my incision was healed. I had an allergic reaction to the steri strips used so I had a rash and blisters for up to 6-8 weeks after. Then I went back to normal underwear.
  • I went back to my regular underwear after a week I think.  Well, actually I started off with some grannies for a week or so.  Like PP I had reaction to the adhesive and had really sore blisters so I needed my regular underwear that was lower than the incision.  Then started wearing my regular jeans at 4 weeks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • I wore my regular undies once I ran out of the mesh undies. Jeans was longer because of the sensitivity, not being worried about the incision.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Regular underwear at about a week.

Some looser fitting jeans at about 2 weeks pp, with a bella band. 

• I didn't wear normal underwear until around 8 weeks but that is because my underwear sits just below my incision but if I' sitting down sort of smooshes up into it. At about five or six weeks post partum I went and bought a bigger pair of jeans to wear; I can't fit into my old jeans but that's just because I gained a ton of weight. (sigh)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wore regular underwear right away. I fit into my "fat" jeans about 2weeks pp and my regular jeans about 6 weeks pp.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesbartschke:
    I wore maternity jeans or my "fat jeans" for 6-8 weeks. It wasn't an incision issue, I just could not button my pants yet. 

This for jeans.  I wore their mesh undies for a few days then went back to normal undies by the end of the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"