June 2011 Moms

Anyone else not clapping, pointing or waving?

Ds isn't doing any of these. Is he behind? Sometimes he'll hold onto my hands when I clap and he bangs things in a downward motion. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone else not clapping, pointing or waving?

• Sam's been clapping forever, but no waving or pointing at all.  Was trying to remember when DS1 started waving...I feel like he was by 10mon, but maybe I'm wrong.  Will have to pull out the baby book. 

He understands "high five", though, and will do that on command.  

ETA: DS1 waved at 10mon and pointed at 11mon, at least that's what I have recorded.  I'm not worried yet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • He kind of waves - but it's a whole arm wave.  No pointing yet though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Bay waved 1 time and that is it.

She has been clapping for forever

She just started to point in the last few days

I wouldnt be worried yet. :)

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • Macy claps but doesn't point.  She can make a waving motion but it's just random and not associated with any meaning yet.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD started clapping about a week ago, I think?  Around 11 months.  She does wave.  She does not point.

I think he's probably fine.  You could try getting all excited when he does one of those things by accident, and see if you can get him to repeat it. 

• James claps and looks at his hands and makes a waving motion towards himself, but thats about it. No concept of pointing...

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My LO started clapping 2 weeks ago. He is not yet waving or pointing. He does raise his whole arm and go "uhhh" when he wants something, but can't point with his finger. I'm not worried.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ash claps, but thats it. Waving and pointing seem to be a mystery to him!
  • MrsIMrsI member

DD has been waving for a while but everyday when I leave for work I wave to her and my mom would help her wave back, eventually she started doing it on her own.

She JUST started clapping last Wed.  On Monday DH had taken pots and pans and spoons out for her to bang on.  They both just ended up using the spoons and banging them together, it was like that triggered something for her she just started clapping.

And she is no where near close to pointing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No pointing and waving here. He just started clapping recently. 
  • LO started clapping, waving and saying Mama, Dada and ball a few weeks ago...but, she's not even close to crawling or anything. 
  • Nikolai doesn't clap or wave.  He sort of points in that he throws his whole arm towards something he's interested in.  I don't think your LO is behind.  Those things will all come with time.
  • Ella just started clapping last Friday.  She's been waving for awhile, but just started doing it consistantly. She will randomly point at things, so I'm not sure there is any meaning behind it.  And, it's a full fist point, not a single finger if that matters. :)  I wouldn't worry.  I know that's a lot easier said than done!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No clapping, no pointing and he does sort of move his hand open and close, but I am not so sure it is because he is waving.  He actually just started crawling 2 weeks ago and playing peek a boo, so that's huge for us.  I don't think your LO is behind.
    **February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"