C-sections

Contacts during Csection?

I have a RCS scheduled for Wednesday.  I woudl love to be able to wear my contacts during it but I can't remember if you can.  Any know if you can wear contacts or not?  I'm guessing no.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Contacts during Csection?

• I wore mine and no one even asked about it.  I had read on here that some people said you couldn't so I brought my glasses and a new pair of contacts just in case.  I was so glad they didn't even ask so I didn't have to worry about it, hopefully it will be the same for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was able to wear mine.  I had a emer c/s, but before that was even a thought, I had asked to make sure it was ok that I was wearing them in general, and the nurse told me there was no reason to take them out unless I wanted to.  That they wanted me to be able to see everything! 
    BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB said it was fine, but I wore my glasses
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I wore mine - and I wore makeup as well!  No one said anything at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • I wore mine, but I was crying so much when I saw my LO that it didn't matter, I still couldn't see anything haha! I'm sure you're fine to wear them :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I remember this stressed me out heavily for some reason (this and jewelry--because I never go without my ring).

I believe I was asked at check in if I was wearing contacts (which I was) but they never asked me to remove them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had to take mine out all 3 times.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Thanks guys.  Seems like it really depends.  I found teh paper work and they said to wear glasses.  I just don't get the reasoning behind it.  Oh well.  Thanks again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagenikki_rob_weddingplans:
    I wore mine and no one even asked about it.  I had read on here that some people said you couldn't so I brought my glasses and a new pair of contacts just in case.  I was so glad they didn't even ask so I didn't have to worry about it, hopefully it will be the same for you!

This.  No one ever asked me, so I just wore them.  Never had any problems.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • I wore mine and no one said I couldn't.  They ask in that initial questionnaire if you wear contacts or glasses, I said yes, and that was it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • skioskio member
    Ditto the majority. Wore mine, no one said anything about it, no issues. 
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I couldn't wear mine because I had Bell's Palsy and couldn't fully close my left eye. But the hospital would have been fine with it if I'd been able to wear them.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"