Baby Names

First names for middle name Dawn

My hubby and I are adopting a baby girl due next month and are struggling to pick a first name. Middle name will be Dawn after my Dad who passed in 2004. Here are a few from our list. Votes? Other suggestions?

Mikayla Dawn

Allyson Dawn (Ally)

Alexis Dawn (Lexi)

Alyssa Dawn

Brooklyn Dawn

Ashleigh Dawn

Emma Dawn

Re: First names for middle name Dawn

• Mikayla Dawn - No thank you

Allyson Dawn (Ally) - Hate the spelling

Alexis Dawn (Lexi) - Not awful, but I'm not a huge fan of the name Alexis

Alyssa Dawn - I feel like it should be something like Melissa or something, it just feels incomplete

Brooklyn Dawn - No

Ashleigh Dawn - Not terrible

Emma Dawn - Emma is too popular for me, and I've never liked the name overall

I feel bad for being so critical of your list, I really do.  :/ 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Alyssa and Emma.

ETA: One of my very close friends is named Allison Dawn. I think it's nice (that spelling).

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Emma or Alyssa.

Some of the others are spelled in non-standard ways that can be read as a marker of low education.

The only one that's a real problem, though, is Brooklyn. With a mn Dawn, you don't want any geographic or nature names ? it's too cheesy.

Just out of curiosity, was your Dad's name really Dawn?

• imageplunderb:

Dawn is the female name.  Don is the male. I would assume that her father's name was Don, and she is taking a feminine version of it.

• Of your list, I like Alyssa best.

My name is Cayleigh Dawn. I know Cayleigh isn't much liked on this board, but I've always liked it and I've had lots of compliments on it. And, contrary to popular belief, it ages just fine! Smile

• I like Alexis and Alyssa

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Sorry to hear about your Pa.
    Dawn happens to be a common middle name in my family.

My name is Jillian Dawn, and some others in the family are:

Jody Dawn, Alyssa Dawn, Meagan Dawn, Amelia Dawn, Loretta Dawn, Michyla Dawn, Hannah Dawn, and Samantha Dawn

Due on July 12, 2012!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSchnebs:
    imageplunderb:

Dawn is the female name.  Don is the male. I would assume that her father's name was Don, and she is taking a feminine version of it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I would be interested to hear if it was Don or something else. In my neck of the woods, Don would pronounced like dawn, but Dawn can sound more like Don. I'm curious about Don/Dawn as unrelated male/female names that have been paired because they sound alike. Are there any other examples of this? Vern/Fern? 

• Holly Dawn
    imageimage BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLmm5672:

My hubby and I are adopting a baby girl due next month and are struggling to pick a first name. Middle name will be Dawn after my Dad who passed in 2004. Here are a few from our list. Votes? Other suggestions?

Mikayla Dawn eh

Allyson Dawn (Ally) I like Allison better Allison Dawn would be my favorite of the list.

Alexis Dawn (Lexi) Pretty

Alyssa Dawn  meh

Brooklyn Dawn city 

Ashleigh Dawn don't like the spelling

Emma Dawn not bad

• Mikayla Dawn- No

Allyson Dawn (Ally)- Dislike the spelling. Prefer Allison

Alexis Dawn (Lexi)- Dislike nn Lexi ("sexy Lexi")

Alyssa Dawn- Like a lot

Brooklyn Dawn- Hate Brooklyn as a first name

Ashleigh Dawn- Ok, Ashleigh/Ashley just sounds dated to me

Emma Dawn- Good but Emma is incredibly popular, if that matters to you

I know two girls named Julia Dawn and I've always thought it was pretty.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I know two people with the mn Dawn. Tabitha Dawn and Victoria Dawn.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • My middle name is Dawn. Hailey Dawn. My sisters are Hanna Rae and Heather Jo. We all have the middle names of our great uncles.
  • :) No, my dad's name was Don. 
  • No worries...any suggestions?  
  • Just gotta say I'm partial to that name because it's my middle name! I'm Tiffany Dawn.

Even though a lot of people on here would protest, I've always loved the spelling of Ashleigh. Out of your list I like Ashleigh Dawn and Emma Dawn. 

time has brought your heart to me
    i have loved you for a thousand years
    i'll love you for a thousand more
    photo liam2months_zps809ccc3e.jpg
    Liam Edward || 12/12/12 || 7lbs7oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mikayla Dawn - Hate

Allyson Dawn (Ally) - Dislike

Alexis Dawn (Lexi) - neutral

Alyssa Dawn - Dislike

Brooklyn Dawn - Surprisingly Liking this combo, I wouldn't do it but it flows well

Ashleigh Dawn - neutral

Emma Dawn - Love by far my favorite combo of the bunch

Suggestion: I think Willow Dawn would be pretty but it might be too hippie for you

TTC since March of 2012
    Me: 27 Dh: 35 Testing Begins 3/5/13
    Six SA's show DH has low numbers across the board = severe MFI
    Genetic testing for me = MTHFR+, also carrier for blood clotting disorder Otherwise all else normal
    Dh's karotype= Normal!!
     Mini-IVF/ICSI - July -August 2014 - 1R,M,&F Transferred 1 Grade 1 Morula-5dt - BFFN

• Emma Dawn is very pretty.

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • imageplunderb:
    imageSchnebs:
    imageplunderb:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I would be interested to hear if it was Don or something else. In my neck of the woods, Don would pronounced like dawn, but Dawn can sound more like Don. I'm curious about Don/Dawn as unrelated male/female names that have been paired because they sound alike. Are there any other examples of this? Vern/Fern? 

Dawn sounds exactly the same as Don at least in CA where I'm from. I can't imagine it being pronounced another way?

BabyFruit Ticker

• I have a friend name Stacie Dawn. I love it i think that it is very beautiful just an idea.
  • My SO has always liked Dawn...so we have come up with Ava Dawn as a contender for our list of 3-5 names.  Maybe Ava works for you as well.
  • I know a Jennifer Dawn...I like the three syllable names with the monosyllabic middle.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"