Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Midnight rant. When will this weight come off?

When??? Yes, I should be working out (duh) but with hubby's work schedule the only time I can go work out is around 10pm and who wants to go work out at that hour after a long hard day with LO, chores, errands etc? Not me!!

It feels like this weight has gotten comfortable and is here to stay. I still look pregnant and today, a friend of my mom's whom I haven't seen in almost 2 years didn't even recognize me (ouch).

Id like to lose some weight by summer so that I can have some pool time fun with LO.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Midnight rant. When will this weight come off?

• I know its tough to fit in excersize but what about excersizing with baby? Not sure if you are a SAHM but going for walks, holding baby while doing squats, lift baby in air. If you work go for walks with your LO after work or go for walks on your lunch?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know how you feel and it's tormenting me. I feel so disgusting. Sad My metabolism seems to have stopped!
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately I think at this point the weight is not going to just all off like it did after delivery. Now you're going to have to work to get it off. I'm going through the same thing too!
  • I gained almost 80 lbs this pregnancy.  The frist 40 lbs fell off in the first 6 weeks, then I stalled out by 8 weeks.  I joined WW and have lost 16 lbs in 8 weeks.  I still have a ways to go to get to where I want to be, but all the exercise in the world won't help if you don't eat right.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I EBF and all the weight came off pretty quickly, but I do NOT look the same. I need to work out and tone up, but it is hard to find the time or energy.
    Can't wait to meet our miracle this November!! BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The Jillian Micheals dvds worked for me and they are only a 1/2 hr long and they kick your butt. I dropped 20 lbs with DS1 and am 20 down from PP weight this time around
  • Are you watching your diet?  Diet and exercise is the only way to go.
  • imageiluvmylab:
    Are you watching your diet?  Diet and exercise is the only way to go.

And this. Remember, you have to burn off more than you take in to lose weight. As far as eating goes, lean meats/veggies are a good way to drop lbs and keep it off. Start omitting things like breads, butter, pasta and you should see some results 

• imageiluvmylab:
    Are you watching your diet?  Diet and exercise is the only way to go.

This, totally.  I gained 50 and lost 20 pretty quick.  I have had to work HARD for the last bit to come off.  As of today I have lost 43. I do WW and it has been working.  I also run 2 miles on my treadmill everyday, no excuses.  I can run a 12 minute mile (which isn't great, but its something), and I do this once in the morning and in the evening because that's what time I have.  My DH knows how important it is for me to get back into shape and he takes DS to let me do this.  The running and diet are really working, I can see a definite change!  GL!

• I know exactly what you mean. I gained 30 pounds with my pregnancy and lost 16 pounds right after she was born in the hospital. I was diagnosed with postpartum depression and gained all the weight back. I gave up sweets for 40 days and did not lose any weight. I started walking but have not seen any results. I am trying to eat healthy so I can be a positive roll model for my baby. Good Luck to all of us.

• I eat terribly. I hate pretty much anything healthy. I also gained a little over 50lb during my pregnancy. I started using the My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone and I've already lost 7lbs in a little under a month! I know they have it for Blackberry phones also. You basically tell them how much you want to lose a week and you keep track of everything you eat and how much you work out. They have pretty much every food in their database including Restaraunts. And it's free!! If I can lose weight, anyone can!  I go out to eat all the time and eat ice cream everyday!! It's amazing how many calories my cup of chocolate milk has! It's really eye opening! Good luck! Believe me, I know how hard it is!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Diet is far more important for losing weight than exercise. Exercise can actually be counterproductive to weight loss because it makes you hungrier (leading you to consume a lot more calories than you burned).

https://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1914974,00.html

• That info on not exercising because it makes you hungry is not true. If you exercise properly your body self regulates and curbs your appetite. Above all do not just get on the elyptical trainer and do 30 mins at moderate pace and tell yourself you worked out. You must work. Hence 'work out'. Even if it's 10 minutes. That's enough but push yourself as hard as your possible can. 10 minutes at peak effort is much better than 1 hr casually on the exercise bike. Watch your portions!! Don't deprive yourself. And do it regularly. Even if youre tired. Do just 5 minutes that day then 15 the next. Only skip 1 day a week if you can. Get in the mid set. If its a nothing day. Do 50 sit ups. That takes 2 minutes. No excuses. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"