C-sections

What are you using on your scar?

Last time I used Mederma, and my scar remained very /red for over a year, so I don't think it really worked. It has been almost 3 years and it is finally faded to a whitish/purple and looks better (just in time to get sliced open again!)

I am wondering what everyone is using so I can try somthing new this time. TIA!

Re: What are you using on your scar?

• My doctor suggested just using plain old vitamin E oil. He claims it works as well as any of the expensive oils/creams. I bought some and have been using it sporadically because, honestly, my scar looks pretty good without intervention so I don't really think much about it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLucyD1029:
    I used a little BioOil, but most of the time I used nothing.  It faded to light pink/white.

Ditto.

After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• Loading the player...
  • Im using Mederma. I started about a month ago and I think I might see a little bit of a difference already (Im using the lotion not the scar jell)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I honestly haven't used anything. It is no longer pink and looks fine.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Bio Oil.  And I don't use it religiously so it's probably more time than anything that has made a difference.  At 6 months out it's finally starting to look less flaming purple.  I do think that rubbing the oil on has helped.  In just a couple months I have a little more feeling in the area now so I think maybe the massaging brought more healing blood.  Of course that could all be in my head LOL
  • Lanolin nipple cream. Left over from breast feeding. Seems to work well in softening the scar tissue and good for massaging it 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"