October 2012 Moms

That's it. I'm calling you out.

ChristyML, you need to stop posting until you start taking your prenatal vitamins (WITH IRON) on a regular effing basis.  Your gross misconduct and ridiculous reasoning for not taking them "for over a month" is absolutely unacceptable and completely irresponsible.  Your posts have been making me twitchy for a while now, but that FFFC of yours put me over the edge. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: That's it. I'm calling you out.

• Yeah, that's just irresponsible..
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not going to not post because you tell me not to. I have no idea what other posts have been making you "twitchy". The nurse who saw me had never met me before, and therefore had no idea if I was susceptible to becoming anemic or not. You have no right to tell me what to do or what not to do.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am pretty sure I am taking the same vitamins but I didn't even think about the iron thing until I read an earlier post last week. My doctor has not mentioned anything to me about lack of iron though? Eek! Anyone have any good suggestions?
    BabyFruit Ticker image image Oct Angel Babies
  • imageChristyML:
    I'm not going to not post because you tell me not to. I have no idea what other posts have been making you "twitchy". The nurse who saw me had never met me before, and therefore had no idea if I was susceptible to becoming anemic or not. You have no right to tell me what to do or what not to do.  

And you have no right to deprive your BABY of essential nutrients and vitamins it needs because "you don't want to be sick"!!! GTFO. It's like talking to a petulant teenager. 

• I'm not going to go so far as to tell you not to post, but you should really discuss your concerns, dislikes, or difficulties with taking your prenatals with your doc.  The doc and nurse just want what's best for you and your LO and are willing to work with you to achieve that. They may be able to provide you with some important information or solutions to shape your decision. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • YesYesYes
  • imagesjgurl784:
    Your posts have been making me twitchy for a while now, but that FFFC of yours put me over the edge. 

So you haven't recently contemplated turning your adult sibling in to the police because you felt a civic duty to tell them about his pot-smoking habit?!

Birthday

• imageChristyML:
    I'm not going to not post because you tell me not to. I have no idea what other posts have been making you "twitchy". The nurse who saw me had never met me before, and therefore had no idea if I was susceptible to becoming anemic or not. You have no right to tell me what to do or what not to do.  

Have you had blood work done?! Whether the nurse had seen you or not they get that information from your blood work 

• imagesjgurl784:

imageChristyML:

And you have no right to deprive your BABY of essential nutrients and vitamins it needs because "you don't want to be sick"!!! GTFO. It's like talking to a petulant teenager. 

YES. Seriously, you wouldn't take being sick for a little while if it means your child has the opportunity to be healthier? Come on now.

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • imageDML2010:
    I am pretty sure I am taking the same vitamins but I didn't even think about the iron thing until I read an earlier post last week. My doctor has not mentioned anything to me about lack of iron though? Eek! Anyone have any good suggestions?

My doc tested my iron levels with my first set of bloodwork, at my first visit.  She said my levels were good and just to proceed with my regular prenatals.  Extra iron was not necessary. 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagesjgurl784:

imageChristyML:

Actually, even though I do know that my baby needs nutrients and vitamins (that I am getting plenty of through food and the non-iron prenatals that I sometimes actually take) I do have the right to not take the prenatals. I think you need to calm down just a bit. 

• imageChristyML:
    imagesjgurl784:

imageChristyML:

Actually, even though I do know that my baby needs nutrients and vitamins (that I am getting plenty of through food and the non-iron prenatals that I sometimes actually take) I do have the right to not take the prenatals. I think you need to calm down just a bit. 

I think YOU should stop being such a SELFISH child. They make prenatals for a reason, in addition to eating healthy. For the love of your child, at least take Flintstones vitamins or something.

• imagebnwilson11:

imageChristyML:

Have you had blood work done?! Whether the nurse had seen you or not they get that information from your blood work 

I did have blood work done. Twice. First time was when I was at the ER (and all blood work came back fine and good and levels were fine, and that was after I had almost eaten nothing for 4 days because nothing would stay down). Second time was after my first OB appointment. That was about a week ago, and I think if there had been any problems they would have called.

• Most people don't get the appropriate amount of folic acid a day without taking PNVs. Birth defects, including spina bifida, can be prevented through PNVs with folic acid.

As for having the right to not take your PNVs, you're correct. No one can make you. But this isn't about YOU. This is about your baby that you're growing inside of you. Think about him/her. Be responsible.

• I am glad this was brought up...I need to check my prenatal vitamins to make sure they have iron!

I can't imagine not doing something that will help my baby, regardless of how it makes me feel.  My baby is way more important than myself right now.   

• imagesjgurl784:
    ChristyML, you need to stop posting until you start taking your prenatal vitamins (WITH IRON) on a regular effing basis.  Your gross misconduct and ridiculous reasoning for not taking them "for over a month" is absolutely unacceptable and completely irresponsible.  Your posts have been making me twitchy for a while now, but that FFFC of yours put me over the edge. 

I agree...vitamins are important during pregnancy. And I want to thank you for the post because it reminded me that I didnt take mine after lunch....LOL!!! Down the hatch!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Oct Angel Babies
  • imagePolishWonder:

Most people don't get the appropriate amount of folic acid a day without taking PNVs. Birth defects, including spina bifida, can be prevented through PNVs with folic acid.

As for having the right to not take your PNVs, you're correct. No one can make you. But this isn't about YOU. This is about your baby that you're growing inside of you. Think about him/her. Be responsible.

This.  Exactly this.  Take them at night, it will help. 

• imagePolishWonder:

Most people don't get the appropriate amount of folic acid a day without taking PNVs. Birth defects, including spina bifida, can be prevented through PNVs with folic acid.

• morkmork member
    Based on her history on this board, as well as TTGP, ChristyML either loves to stir up drama, or is a complete idiot.  Either way, many people have called her out (both in her threads and by starting new threads), and it has not, and I dare say, will not, change her behavior.  

I, personally, don't believe a word she types, and I think her "confession" was purely another attempt to start drama, thereby bringing more attention to herself.  I don't know whether she's taking her PNVs or not, nor whether she's even pregnant.  It does make for good bump-opera though.  Anybody want some popcorn? 

Photobucket 

ETA: forgot PIP!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • imageModernNewlywed:
    imagePolishWonder:

This. FYI, I take my prenatal DAILY since pre-BFP. Last week, I found out thru b/w I still have borderline low B12 & Vitamin D. I cant even imagine how low it wouldve been if I wasnt on it. AND I eat a balanced diet too.

My world, my son, Hunter Michael, born 10/5/12
    Due with #2 on 6/4/14

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give 
    a hope and a future"-Jeremiah 29:11
  • imagePolishWonder:

This.

Making a decision that your vitamins don't matter is so ridiculous that I don't even know what else to say...

IMG_0015

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• imagemork:
    Based on her history on this board, as well as TTGP, ChristyML either loves to stir up drama, or is a complete idiot.  Either way, many people have called her out (both in her threads and by starting new threads), and it has not, and I dare say, will not, change her behavior.  

I, personally, don't believe a word she types, and I think her "confession" was purely another attempt to start drama and, thereby, bring attention to herself.  I don't know whether she's taking her PNVs or not, nor whether she's even pregnant.  It does make for good bump-opera though.  Anybody want some popcorn? 

Photobucket 

Extra butter pls.

I step away from TB to start cooking my damn chicken (see FFFC) and I start missing good stuff. Serves me right.

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • imageChristyML:

I have not had problems with anemia at all.  However, last pregnancy, near the end I was anemic despite taking prenatals with iron.  Babies deplete your body of nutrients faster than it would happen normally.  I would highly suggest you talk to your doctor about the iron issue and sketchy vitamin taking.  They don't tell you to do it to up vitamin sales.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • I'm mostly baffled you haven't talked vitamins with your doctor. With my first, I had a really tough time finding a vitamin that didn't make me sick. But the doctor worked with me until we found the right one. Heck, some girls even take regular children's vitamins. There are options. While we need to be our own advocates, that can only be done if you have knowledge about the topic, and it is looking like here, you're just guessing.
  • My Dr. told me  that prentatals (with the exception of folic acid in the first tri) are not necessary if you have a healthy diet. This is a direct quote from the printed literature I received from my Drs office: "There is no evidence that taking vitamins after the first trimester benefits the baby."

I have no idea what's going on with this Christy woman and her vitamins, but I think all this reliance on prenatals is misplaced and not medically supported.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemork:

I, personally, don't believe a word she types, and I think her "confession" was purely another attempt to start drama, thereby bringing more attention to herself.  I don't know whether she's taking her PNVs or not, nor whether she's even pregnant.  It does make for good bump-opera though.  Anybody want some popcorn? 

Photobucket 

Yes please! With extra butter!

• imageamelianickel:

My Dr. told me  that prentatals (with the exception of folic acid in the first tri) are not necessary if you have a healthy diet. This is a direct quote from the printed literature I received from my Drs office: "There is no evidence that taking vitamins after the first trimester benefits the baby."

I have no idea what's going on with this Christy woman and her vitamins, but I think all this reliance on prenatals is misplaced and not medically supported.

I've read another Oct mom is skipping the prenatals. However, she appears to have done her research and I don't doubt that she's getting the vitamins she needs through food. I'm not convinced this is the case with Chrissy yet. Maybe she'll prove us wrong.
  • imageamelianickel:

My Dr. told me  that prentatals (with the exception of folic acid in the first tri) are not necessary if you have a healthy diet. This is a direct quote from the printed literature I received from my Drs office: "There is no evidence that taking vitamins after the first trimester benefits the baby."

You'd be in the minority with this one. Pretty sure every single woman on this board and pretty much every woman who is pregnant has been told the importance of prenatal vitamins by her doctor/midwife/nurse/whatever. I don't care how "balanced" your diet is, it can always benefit from taking a prenatal or at the VERY least, a multi-vitamin.

Besides, prenatals do not only benefit the baby, they benefit the mother because the baby depletes your body of nutrients when you are pregnant, which is why we are told to make sure to take extra calcium, folic acid, etc while pregnant.

• My mom is a labor and delivery nurse who has had four children and she and I will both tell that your Doctor is nuts. The development of all of your babies major systems takes place in the first trimester. And like someone else has already said folic acid is highly recommended to prevent problems in the formation of the brain and spine. Also DHA is essential to developing a healthy brain.
  • imageamelianickel:

PNVs provide extra support for gaps in your diet. We're not all perfect in our diets daily. Your baby is growing and sucking all the nutrients out of you. THAT'S why you take PNVs throughout pregnancy. Also, if you plan to breastfeed, you'll need to continue taking PNVs to make up for the minerals and vitamins your baby is sucking out of you. I seriously side-eye your doctor for saying that.

More information:

WebMD: Calcium during pregnancy can prevent a new mother from losing her own bone density, as the foetus uses the mineral for bone growth. Iron helps both the mother and baby's blood carry oxygen.

Mayo Clinic:  Calcium and vitamin D are important as well ? especially during the third trimester, when your baby's bones are rapidly growing and strengthening.

• imageamelianickel:

If she had stated this as her reasoning for not taking them, I still would've given her the side-eye, but kept my mouth shut.  If she had said Baby Jesus told her not to take them, I would've given her the side-eye, but kept my mouth shut.  However, I felt her reasons for not taking them screamed irresponsibility (see today's FFFC) and her previous posts from the beginning of this board have clearly demonstrated that she is either wildly misinformed or just downright stupid about more than one aspect of pregnancy.  Therefore, my call out. 

• morkmork member
    imageBananaBlitz:
    imagemork:
    Anybody want some popcorn?   
    Extra butter pls. I step away from TB to start cooking my damn chicken (see FFFC) and I start missing good stuff. Serves me right.
    mmmmmm gooood. Pictures, Images and Photos 
  • She posts stupid stuff on the baby shower board all the time too. I doubt this will stop her from doing anything.

I'll take some of that popcorn!:)

• morkmork member
    imageSarahW44:
    imagemork:
    Anybody want some popcorn?   
    Yes please! With extra butter!
    Popcorn Pictures, Images and Photos 
  • imageamelianickel:

This is true. The big component is folic acid. Studies have shown a decrease in neuro-tube defects when taken early in pregnancy (actually best when taken the 3 months prior to pregnancy). Otherwise iron is only needed if you are anemic. Otherwise too much can be harmful. The new component is DHA which has been linked with improved brain and eye development, but still controversial.

I actually went to a medical seminar recently that presented studies showing how too much of certain vitamins is actually harmful. The medical community is not recommending vitamins for the general population  (nonpregnant) that eats a well balanced diet

• morkmork member
    imageCraftyKayla:
    She posts stupid stuff on the baby shower board all the time too. I doubt this will stop her from doing anything. I'll take some of that popcorn!:)
    POPCORN Pictures, Images and Photos I have to run, so y'all share now, y'hear? 
  • Hmm... my doctor told me to start taking prenatals before TTC.  I took them for a year before TTC and have just kept taking them.  At first, I did feel sick when I took them, but I started taking them at night and that made all the difference.  

Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • FWIW - I think prenatals are really really important and there is very little excuse (or none, outside of extenuating circumstances)  for not taking them.

On the other hand, if someone has an issue with me, or if i am ever misinformed, please PM me. I am humiliated for her. Maybe she does start drama, and I am not sure. But all this (drama)  terrifies me and I hope I never get flamed!

*goes back to introverted corner and attempts to grow backbone*

• imageCraftyKayla:

She posts stupid stuff on the baby shower board all the time too. I doubt this will stop her from doing anything.

I'll take some of that popcorn!:)

There are so many things I could say about you, but I'm choosing not to. Why are you being so rude? You wanna fit in with the others? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"